ADVERTISEMENT

Inquiring minds want to know

I am one of the morons. I will admit I was wrong.

I weighed the great highs of Cal's early tenure too heavily in comparison to recent lack of success.

I didn't have a ton of complaints until we lost at home to Evansville while ranked No. 1.

I gave him a pass for 9-16. Weird year. Blah, blah. I became apathetic towards him after St. Peter's. I was only about half-in on last year. I got suckered into believing again this season at the beginning and at the end of the regular season. A & M pissed me off and I decided that if we failed to reach the Sweet 16 (not a high bar for UK standards) with this roster, I was joining the Fire Cal brigade.

So here I am. I think Cal has lost his fastball, has lost the fanbase and should be replaced immediately.

Don’t call out fellow fans because you want someone to blame for Calipari and the team’s failures. We all need to come together and move forward looking for a change.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood2.0
need a timetable here. this was your opinion after ‘15, ‘17 tourney? covid?

How come years ago when many of us saw what was happening and knew what was coming we were basically called morons for wanting Cal gone? Now all of the sudden the cooler heads want Cal gone. Did you guys become morons? Or were you wrong?
Some didn't have knee jerk reactions It is time for Cal to go, but you coming on here patting urself on the back. Congrats I guess

Some of us move through this process faster than others. Several of our pollyannas have been at the starting gate of "Denial" since 2019.
psycom_page_asset_c96057f725c17d6c11eaf748d4db3206d8024cd0

How come years ago when many of us saw what was happening and knew what was coming we were basically called morons for wanting Cal gone? Now all of the sudden the cooler heads want Cal gone. Did you guys become morons? Or were you wrong?
We were both wrong and morons. Its ok to admit it - it’s the first step to recovery,

A coach that feeds the post continually and has a 50% free throw shooter playing in the post... And tonight he reverted to feeding the post. But hey congrats you still support him.
What GD part of, it's time for him to go don't you understand? English isn't ur language? Let me learn u, saying it's time for him to go isn't supporting him Jesus H Christ, are u slow

need a timetable here. this was your opinion after ‘15, ‘17 tourney? covid?
I was ready for a change after the first KSU loss in the tournament when PJ missed 47 fts. After the 9-16 year I would have sold my left nut to get him out. Now I despise him so much that I only see red when I hear his name, see his fat face or hear his voice. I’d definitely go to jail if I ever saw him in person and it would be more than worth it.

What that fat, smug pos has done to the program the last 5-7 years is bad enough but when you throw in how he’s treated the fans and basically anyone at UK it’s infuriating. He needs his ass kicked.

Most stubborn and stupid coach to ever walk the earth. He has legitimately cost him 4-5 title just since 2007. He had one at Memphis wrapped up and it took colossal failures not to win titles here in 2009 and 2015 for sure. Truly should have won in 2014 as well. All of those teams played uncharacteristically tight in their last game. Cal is the reason. This year maybe he worst coaching job of them all. To have that amount of offense and you couldn’t get them to defend any better than that? There’s zero excuse for it.

During 2018 season.
i was after covid. haven’t been vocal here until recently, but then haven’t posted as much the last few years. i wonder why. but seriously, it’s hard for me see it revisionist like that because the following two years we had ff capable teams. also, we can agree the lack of coaching was evident long before ‘18. so, we are all guilty of some sort of compromise.

i liked the covid year team quite a bit, I actually think i threw in the towel officially after the second missed tournament. also, the nature of college basketball combined with cal’s anti-uk system had a creeping effect in terms of actually caring anymore. i think it affected everyone, but the boiling points definitely came at different times for everyone. we all seem to be on the same page finally. even if a few years too late.

I've wanted him gone for longer than most, but I'm not patting my back or giving others a hard time who disagreed. I've just been around awhile, worked a lot of different jobs with different people. I've seen plenty of guys start a job who were absolutely brilliant and kicked ass. But eventually their motivation fades and they turn to shit. I've learned to recognize when motivation is gone and Cal lost his once he was set for life with a ridiculous contract.

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but people who wanted Cal gone in 2019 and think they were right then are falling victim to hindsight bias. It's the same thing as people judging Dan Campbell going for it on fourth down based on the result. You can make the right decision and still arrive at the wrong result.

I think the right decision was also to give Cal this year with this class and see what happened. It didn't work out. Time to move on, but I don't necessarily think it was the wrong decision to keep him around.

Not that it really matters anyway, because I doubt he's going anywhere.

After ‘15 for sure… it’s all been downhill from there besides ‘17
'17 and '19 were basically the exact same season, losing in the Elite 8 and being within one shot of a Final Four. If '17 wasn't downhill than neither was '19.

Because in life people will choose to blindly ignore clear problems if it means you can avoid adversity. The cal pumpers think/thought he was the only reason this program was successful.

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but people who wanted Cal gone in 2019 and think they were right then are falling victim to hindsight bias. It's the same thing as people judging Dan Campbell going for it on fourth down based on the result. You can make the right decision and still arrive at the wrong result.

I think the right decision was also to give Cal this year with this class and see what happened. It didn't work out. Time to move on, but I don't necessarily think it was the wrong decision to keep him around.

Not that it really matters anyway, because I doubt he's going anywhere.

Cool

I was one of the few saying that 2018 year was his most important year. That if he can't do it in 2018, he's done. I got blasted for it. I'm right there with you.

I am one of the morons. I will admit I was wrong.

I weighed the great highs of Cal's early tenure too heavily in comparison to recent lack of success.

I didn't have a ton of complaints until we lost at home to Evansville while ranked No. 1.

I gave him a pass for 9-16. Weird year. Blah, blah. I became apathetic towards him after St. Peter's. I was only about half-in on last year. I got suckered into believing again this season at the beginning and at the end of the regular season. A & M pissed me off and I decided that if we failed to reach the Sweet 16 (not a high bar for UK standards) with this roster, I was joining the Fire Cal brigade.

So here I am. I think Cal has lost his fastball, has lost the fanbase and should be replaced immediately.

Better late than never. Welcome to the dark side.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT