ADVERTISEMENT

If we beat Missouri Saturday night...

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
We'll be 6-1 with 3 wins in the conference already. If we win, I would be more confident that Miss St, Carolina and UofL would be potential/likely wins, too (possibly not all 3 but we'd probably be the favorite in those games). Bama is a tall order, for sure. TN is not as good as the previous 2 years but, if history is any indication, we won't play our best game but it is at home and that should help.

Beat Missouri, which we've had good luck against the past several years, and we can still be a 9-3 team. If the team comes together and plays consistently well, perhaps even 10-2. Lose on Saturday, though, and the wind may quickly go out of the sails of this year and we could slip to 6-6, which would be a bad result for this team.

I'm not sure whether I was more disappointed or surprised by how easily Georgia ran all over us. I'm hoping that was an anomaly and we just happened to catch a great team, playing really, really well at home when we misfired on all cylinders. If we play more like the Florida game v. Mizzou, I think we win. They have some players and those games seemingly are always close (I was in Columbia last year and was biting my nails the whole time). But, come away with a win and a really good season is still a possibility.

Our DB's have got to play better this week. Getting to the QB with a pass rush would be extremely helpful for them.

I feel like a broken record saying it's time for Leary to break out, but we have to score points this week because Mizzou will. Is he capable of playing at a higher level?

I agree, this is the BIGGEST game of the season!!!

We'll be 6-1 with 3 wins in the conference already. If we win, I would be more confident that Miss St, Carolina and UofL would be potential/likely wins, too (possibly not all 3 but we'd probably be the favorite in those games). Bama is a tall order, for sure. TN is not as good as the previous 2 years but, if history is any indication, we won't play our best game but it is at home and that should help.

Beat Missouri, which we've had good luck against the past several years, and we can still be a 9-3 team. If the team comes together and plays consistently well, perhaps even 10-2. Lose on Saturday, though, and the wind may quickly go out of the sails of this year and we could slip to 6-6, which would be a bad result for this team.

I'm not sure whether I was more disappointed or surprised by how easily Georgia ran all over us. I'm hoping that was an anomaly and we just happened to catch a great team, playing really, really well at home when we misfired on all cylinders. If we play more like the Florida game v. Mizzou, I think we win. They have some players and those games seemingly are always close (I was in Columbia last year and was biting my nails the whole time). But, come away with a win and a really good season is still a possibility.
All we hope to achieve is still in our path...even if we played like garbage vs. UGA.

1. We needed to keep beating Florida (check)
2. We need to get back the USC game in "Win" column...(that game is later in season)
3. Win that stupid game in starkville...(we have that game later)
4. Keep beating UL and Mizzou as wins to stay at beating teams at our level (both are left to get).
5. Love to pick off an upper team (UGA, Bama, Tenn).....if we can get 1-1 vs. Bama/UT....it is still possible.

Last week sucked but all we hope to do is ahead of us and we haven't played our best game (even Florida had bad Leary passing). And we can get to Citrus or even Peach if we can go 10-2.

If UK comes out on top it will be because: UK didn't win the game, MO lost it. MO, despite being 5-1, was overrated, UK's lucky the game was at home, Drinkwitz is even a worse coach than Stoops. And that will be from some of UK's own "fans" who post here.

Beating Missouri keeps us on the 9 potentially 10 win regular season track which is where we need to be for 2-3 years straight before we can realistically expect another big program step.

We're not on the same level as UGA nor Bama right now. I don't think losing to them means a whole lot. Kind of like beating the Akrons of the world doesn't really tell you where you are as a team that season or program overall.

We've beaten Florida a few times now, we need to avoid Vandy SC type slip ups like last year with MSU and SC this year. Then we need to beat a ranked UT and ranked UL...that would be huge momentum and key indicators that the program is moving forward. Those games are better indicators of where things are and heading.

Hoping that beat down placed a sense of urgency and revenge with our guys. Sometimes getting beat like that awakens coaches and players.
Do we get up off the mat? Missouri is a team we don’t like so let’s take that loss out on them. Get to 6-1.

Missouri is a must win. Things can snowball quickly if not.

I agree 8 and 4 or 9 and 3 is doable and that's fine.
I agree ... Missouri is a pivotal game to a successful and satisfactory season, especially based on the pre-season hype. Unfortunately, this program has always been mentally and emotionally fragile and not as resilient as it needs to be.

Beating Missouri keeps us on the 9 potentially 10 win regular season track which is where we need to be for 2-3 years straight before we can realistically expect another big program step.

We're not on the same level as UGA nor Bama right now. I don't think losing to them means a whole lot. Kind of like beating the Akrons of the world doesn't really tell you where you are as a team that season or program overall.

We've beaten Florida a few times now, we need to avoid Vandy SC type slip ups like last year with MSU and SC this year. Then we need to beat a ranked UT and ranked UL...that would be huge momentum and key indicators that the program is moving forward. Those games are better indicators of where things are and heading.
Finally, someone with a rational take around here after last week's loss. 100% agree with you.

Their defense looked like Swiss cheese against LSU. Maybe LSU is just that good but if we don’t play scared shitless like we did Saturday, we’ll be ok.

Reactions: gamecockcat
This game is huge. Certainly the biggest matchup in the brief history of the Kentucky - Missouri series. We must win.

I think its a must win bc of the Statements from coach about buying better players .. we have played some terrible games against MZ .. if were are bad on Sat the wheels might fall off .. got to hope the team pulls together and Coach has got to let them know they must be a unit . Together we stand , divided we fall , and we fall hard . I pray his comments dont destroy what's a good bunch . I like this team , got high hopes Leary has a great 2nd half of the season. And I'm bringing my 9 year great nephew and uncle to the game .. Buckeye fans !

Leary and the WR's have got to do a better job ! As another poster said we have to put a lot a points on the board to win this game Sat.

If we can just muster up the needed will to get through 7 straight weeks to the bye at 6-1, rest for 2 weeks, then gear up for UT hopefully as a night game, the Georgia game will fade. Can't let the hangover last...too much for this team to play for this year!

Reactions: CGblue
Their defense looked like Swiss cheese against LSU. Maybe LSU is just that good but if we don’t play scared shitless like we did Saturday, we’ll be ok.
LSU has 2 NFL-type WRs and a QB as good as any in the country. LSU's struggles are on D, MO put up 30+ on them last Sat.

We're not on the same level as UGA nor Bama right now. I don't think losing to them means a whole lot.
Post of the day right here. UGA will beat everyone on their schedule this season.

Ya'll act like it's the end of the damn world to lose to the #1 Team and 2 Time Defending National Champions....and on their home field. Ya'll drank the Kool-Aid and thought because UGA had struggled in every game, that they were ripe for an upset, but UGA put all the pieces together when they played us. It was bound to happen...we were just the unlucky ones to be next in line.

Time to move on and cheer this team on this Saturday night!

Reactions: CB3UK
If UK comes out on top it will be because: UK didn't win the game, MO lost it. MO, despite being 5-1, was overrated, UK's lucky the game was at home, Drinkwitz is even a worse coach than Stoops. And that will be from some of UK's own "fans" who post here.

Missouri has a very good passing game, Burden may be conference's best receiver and their qb is accurate. Their number 2 WR is good too.

I am not understanding the complaining about Stoops, he and Coen had a good gameplan, but a couple of penalties gave it no chance to be successful. Stoops can't throw it or catch it.

Missouri has a very good passing game, Burden may be conference's best receiver and their qb is accurate. Their number 2 WR is good too.

I am not understanding the complaining about Stoops, he and Coen had a good gameplan, but a couple of penalties gave it no chance to be successful. Stoops can't throw it or catch it.

LSU has a legit offense. We do not.

That said, our defense is better than LSUs so that helps.

Have to play better on the passing offense side regardless.

Reading the board, it's pretty obvious most of the discontents are very new (probably bandwagon) fans. I can tell because they take it way too lightly that we just dominated Florida for the third win in a row. For most of my life Florida was a loss and usually an automatic loss. I literally never thought I'd live to see the day we'd ever beat them in the swamp let alone currently be the better program.

I'm sure everyone has us penciled in to lose in Athens. There is real cause to be pissed about how a few guys performed causing us to get blasted but let's not lose overall perspective

Reactions: CB3UK and entropy13
I bypassed all the negativity in recent posts. I'm 74 and have been going to UK football games since the early sixties. Spent seven years at UK, so my roots run deep.
It's going to take more than one bad loss for me to criticize our players or our coaches! Stoops tenure has provided more football pleasure than any time in the past 60 years. We live in an imperfect world, but I appreciate all the time and effort by our coaches and players.
Grumpy, appreciate your thoughts!!! GBB

You're being humble and generous.

Folks if a week ago someone from the future would have come to you and said "Hey, the game this weekend, penalty yards will be about the same, UK will have 0 turnovers, UGA will have 1 turnover, UGA will have only 1 rushing TD..."

You'd have bet everything that we at the very least cover.

They put up a basketball score on us without running all over the place, without us turning it over, without a penalty disparity...THAT'S INSANE.

Kudos to Kirby, who's an old school defensive guy that came up in a different era of football as a player and apprenticed under another old school D and ground guy for being willing to modernize and let the passing game rip.

UGA...Running Back U...can now Air Raid...good f**king luck CFB world!

"Oh Texas and Oklahoma...."

Are what? What are those two programs going to do?

If that Beck kid returns next year...completing over 70% of passes...and the TE...

Good night, Irene.

Dawgs could very easily go back to back to back champs

TN is not as good as the previous 2 years but, if history is any indication, we won't play our best game but it is at home and that should help.
UT needs to prove it can win in a hostile SEC environment on the road before I will like our chances in Lexington. In our last 3 SEC road games (UF this year, and UGA SC last year), UT has looked like dog poop. They did beat LSU at Death Valley but were fortunate to get a noon start rather than a night game. Some good news is that UT was down 2 OLs at Gainesville, Mays at C and Mincey at RT, and they were back for SC, and the OL played noticeably better. Mays not only improves the OL, but he also improves Milton, who relies on Mays to set the offense (and we don't have a backup C with any meaningful experience. Still, even with Mays and Mincey back, UT will have to show it can be competitive away from Knoxville, and the loss of McCoy at WR last week certainly doesn't help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT