ADVERTISEMENT

If Pope also signs Brea and Robinson, he’s cooking with grease

Seriously. Dude is absolutely killing it. I know I’m stating the obvious, but I’ve not been this pumped about a season since the Fox/Monk/Bam team. Love how he’s going about this.
Doing a very impressive job.

Reactions: KFuqua
Why You Shouldnt Throw Water On A Grease Fire GIF by ViralHog

Joined in 2019. Might be a kid who's never known Kentucky basketball without a roster of MCDAAs.
Rob Lock
Ed Davender
Roger Harden
Kenny Walker
Winston Bennett

I watched all those dudes on tape delay. So yeah. Juuuuuust a bit outside with your guess there.

Reactions: lazycat75
Exactly right the game has changed. Going into the season last year I would be surprised if anyone could name a single player on UCONN's team. Hell outside of the big dude Clingon or however you spell his name not sure many still know who they had.
This is true and I mean it as no disrespect to UCONN. Except for Clingan nobody really stood out to me. What stood out was how they just looked like a well oiled machine that played hard, smart, and mistake free. Extremely well coached.

This is true and I mean it as no disrespect to UCONN. Except for Clingan nobody really stood out to me. What stood out was how they just looked like a well oiled machine that played hard, smart, and mistake free. Extremely well coached.
Their PG was sick, he stood out for sure and so was Cam Spencer. I do agree that they played flawless as a team. Offense and defense they were a unit. Everyone on the same page. After watching us on defense it was amazing to watch.

I don't agree with that one guy about our players being mid but Uconn did not have mid players last two seasons. They sent three guys to the NBA draft between titles and got better in year 2. They had serious talent on that team last two seasons.
My point was that they did what they did with several mid-major transfers. I totally agree with you, though

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Seriously. Dude is absolutely killing it. I know I’m stating the obvious, but I’ve not been this pumped about a season since the Fox/Monk/Bam team. Love how he’s going about this.
We would almost be there, still really need Smith and Osobor as well.

Joined in 2019. Might be a kid who's never known Kentucky basketball without a roster of MCDAAs.
They're relatively young.... My teenager is the only person I've ever heard use the word "mid".
They got a whole language of hip words (to them) that just sound ridiculous.

Ease up gramps. Like yall werent going around saying ''rad'' in the 90s.
This. Every generation has slang that makes the older gens cringe. But most of them and us stop using them and start using more proper English when they and we get older.

Who could forget my generation’s scholarly use of the words “tight, “sweet,” “hot” (thank you Paris Hilton…), and others?

Really the only common saying that rubs me the wrong way (and probably shouldn’t) is people saying some variation of “not gonna lie” or “no cap” (means the same thing). I personally don’t like these sayings because it implies that the speaker normally lies so they have to specify when they aren’t lying. I know I’m acting like an old man with that and that’s not the intended meaning but I just can’t shake it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT