ADVERTISEMENT

I think fans are going to love Pope's teams

Is a first round exit really any different? And that is if Cal would've made the tournament. We were heading for a disaster of a season regardless. The wheels were falling off. Cal wasn't even prepping his teams or even teaching defense anymore. What top level coach does that? I'll take anything over that mess.
This. Next year was gonna be bad without anyone not named Scott Drew (his recruits) on our sidelines.

Not defending the hire, it's absolutely terrible.

Can’t wait for 1-2 stars and Mormon transfers.
What exactly is your issue? Pope is the opposite of Cal, he'll demand that his guys work their tails off. It'll be a pretty offense. He's going to be driven knowing that he wasn't a first tier pick.

What exactly is your issue? Pope is the opposite of Cal, he'll demand that his guys work their tails off. It'll be a pretty offense. He's going to be driven knowing that he wasn't a first tier pick.
Would have kept Cal 100 times over. You don’t hire a coach based on likability. How can people be so damn clueless.

• Haha
Reactions: Catscratchfever8
Would have kept Cal 100 times over. You don’t hire a coach based on likability. How can people be so damn clueless.
If course you would have kept Cal. And they didn't hire him primarily because of likability. You're reaching.

Whether he turns out to be successful or not, it seems to be a lazy, panic driven hire and something Mitch just wanted to get over with, not very professional. Of course I'll support Pope though.

Cal left. They did the TV show together and he was going to figure this all out because he's a smart guy and he was going to work his tail off. Remember? And one week later he wasn't. We didn't run him off. He bailed.

at one point, every top coach was a risky hire by someone. I really, really love Pope's offense. People act like the caliber of player won't go up exponentially from what he was getting at BYU.

Having one of our own coaching us to glory is the cherry on top. Get on the bus or go be an Arkansas fan. Those are your f'ing choices.

yeah love getting embarrassed by 14 and 15 seeds, never winning an SEC tournament game and watching players leave after 1 year.

They will be able to shoot and they will play for the name on the front of the jersey. He just needs a Mashburn to take us to a higher level early on.

He is the anti Cal.
Get out of here with that lame “play for the name on the front of jersey” crap. If Pope is doing his job then he’s getting some of the same guys that Calipari would have gotten. And guess what? Even the 2 and 3 stars in todays climate have NBA dreams.

at one point, every top coach was a risky hire by someone. I really, really love Pope's offense. People act like the caliber of player won't go up exponentially from what he was getting at BYU.

Having one of our own coaching us to glory is the cherry on top. Get on the bus or go be an Arkansas fan. Those are your f'ing choices.
He’s never recruited that caliber of player, so how is he gonna all of a sudden start getting them. It’s gonna be a minute before that happens.

They will be able to shoot and they will play for the name on the front of the jersey. He just needs a Mashburn to take us to a higher level early on.

He is the anti Cal.
Not sure there are many mashburns out there that will stay in college for 3 yrs, regardless of who the coach is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT