ADVERTISEMENT

I think fans are going to love Pope's teams

Yeah, the CBI will suck. But at least they’ll play for the candy stri- I mean Kentucky on the jersey.
But he's got a winning record in the CBI with a 5-4 record on four appearances. He has an NIT quarterfinals appearance, and is 0-2 in NCAA Tournament play so basically exactly like Pitino and Calipari when they came here.

That NIT next season will be amazing.
Is a first round exit really any different? And that is if Cal would've made the tournament. We were heading for a disaster of a season regardless. The wheels were falling off. Cal wasn't even prepping his teams or even teaching defense anymore. What top level coach does that? I'll take anything over that mess.

They will be able to shoot and they will play for the name on the front of the jersey. He just needs a Mashburn to take us to a higher level early on.

He is the anti Cal.
Stop trying to talk folks into it. He doesn’t have a staff or a roster. He may bring in a bunch of bums we don’t know. The only thing out of this that is evident more than ever Mitch Barnhart needs to be fired. The fans through our boosters run the program. The last unilateral decision was Bcg. If he wants to die on that hill so be it.

Is a first round exit really any different? And that is if Cal would've made the tournament. We were heading for a disaster of a season regardless. The wheels were falling off. Cal wasn't even prepping his teams or even teaching defense anymore. What top level coach does that? I'll take anything over that mess.
So you will take another poor coach as long as it's not Cal?We really are Indiana.

Reactions: RunninRichie
He got BYU in. Look at the conference he was in.

He didn't get five stars at BYU because it was BYU. They can't even play on Sundays.

Reactions: crxohio
Don’t forget he played here 30 years ago! Am I in a nightmare? Did I die and go to hell?
Yep, a guy from Washington transferred and spent two years at Kentucky and we haven't seen that guy in 30 years as he was always this goofy Mormon guy and of course he becomes the coach of BYU, and our genius AD thought that Mark Pope was definitely the beloved son Kentucky wants to call back home.

Yep, a guy from Washington transferred and spent two years at Kentucky and we haven't seen that guy in 30 years as he was always this goofy Mormon guy and of course he becomes the coach of BYU, and our genius AD thought that Mark Pope was definitely the beloved son Kentucky wants to call back home.
We are so ****ed. I think he lasts 1 or 2 years. We could legit win 4 games next season. Like Kenny Payne.

Some of you are either in denial or haven't fully grasped how bad things are about to get for this program.
They can't. They refuse to come to terms with it. It's a level of a fanatacism that does not allow reality to ever get in the way of blind hope.

We just had a coaching search that ended in hiring Mark Pope. A guy who wouldn't be on any Kentucky fan's top 30 list. A guy who has no success to speak of. We thought Billy was bad? This guy is going to kill this program off.

They will be able to shoot and they will play for the name on the front of the jersey. He just needs a Mashburn to take us to a higher level early on.

He is the anti Cal.
You havn't read the board. He already failed as UK coach. I wanted to give a couple games but it seems
like I'm just crazy.

Oh my God some of you need to chill out. We're out of the rinse-lather-repeat cycle from hell that Cal had us in. We got a guy motivated to bring us back and boosters motivated to help him. You all sound like that character with the big round head in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Oh my God some of you need to chill out. We're out of the rinse-lather-repeat cycle from hell that Cal had us in. We got a guy motivated to bring us back and boosters motivated to help him. You all sound like that character with the big round head in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Well someone might have their head stuck somewhere but it's not who you think.

Idk man, seems like some of our fans wanted Cal out more than they wanted a good successor. I wanted Cal gone years ago, but only if we had a successor lined up. Mark Pope is not.

• Love
Reactions: bookerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT