ADVERTISEMENT

I hope the ‘fire stoops’ people are ready

And yet A&M is looking to replace a very mediocre Fisher with him. I don't get it.
Anyone smarter than me wanna explain this? Because the math isn't adding up.
Does Stoops think the pressure there is less?

Maybe this is what Walker meant in his tweet?

Now we see why there was so much unfoucsed behavior in the past couple of weeks.

Stoops isn't irreplicable, but man, it's going to be tricky.

Fans didn't run him off either. And if they did with pressures, he's in for a very very rude awakening
That's what is MOST puzzling about A&M hiring Stoops. There must have been someone BIG inside the program that wanted him. Would LOVE to know WHO??? To pay the kind of money they did to get rid of a coach that had ACTUALLY won a Natty to hire his former Def. Coord. that has a LOSING SEC record is BAFFLING to me!!!

We’re about to lose:
-stoops
-marrow
-coen
-Brad white
-Deon Walker
-barrion brown
-Dane key
-Ray Davis
With no one lined up to replace them, and the hardest schedule in school history next year. All of you that make your music city bowl jokes get ready cause we ain’t getting back there for awhile.
And to think, we almost had a good day today.

He’s going to be able to do more with all of their resources, so good for him. Excited for a change even if it means crawling before we walk!

Reactions: oldsports_
Every fanbase in the country is making fun of A&M meanwhile we have fans acting like we're losing Bear Bryant again.
Like it or not, Stoops has done well here for the most part. And it's going to be not hard, but tricky to replace exactly what he brings recruiting wise. I'd say screw it and let Coen have a shot on a 1 year deal.

Reactions: sefus12
Every fanbase in the country is making fun of A&M meanwhile we have fans acting like we're losing Bear Bryant again.
We aren't losing Bear Bryant. We are losing a HC who won more football games here than Bear Bryant did. Some of you people have short memories and don't even know the meaning of gratitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: plumdog69
Like it or not, Stoops has done well here for the most part. And it's going to be not hard, but tricky to replace exactly what he brings recruiting wise. I'd say screw it and let Coen have a shot on a 1 year deal.
That's utterly ridiculous. You can't make an SEC hc hire with a one year contract offer. Where did you get your departmental management experience? The next hire will be someone with prior hc experience, and he will receive a contract suitable for an SEC hc. And I just hope the negative nancies in our fan base will drop all the phony pretense and support him.

I’m ready, I always knew this day would come at some point and it was clear stoops was unhappy. The timing sucks and we will take a step back, but in my opinion stoops has peaked at UK and if we ever want to perhaps take a step above what stoops did it will take new blood. I’ve always thought so, football is a step process unless you’re a blue blood

Is Stoops overpaid? Yeah, probably. Does our win loss record live up to our overall football budget? Probably not. Do any one of us suffer financially based off what any of these coaches are paid? Hell no. Why people focus so much on money I will never understand.

Stoops has earned plenty of criticism during his time here. But I don’t know how anyone could be a fan of Rich Brooks, who is beloved here, but also not be a fan of Stoops. Brooks didn’t do shit compared to Stoops, and I love Brooks. It’s strange to me how fans seemingly hold inconsistent views about our coaches.

I think Stoops has probably hit his ceiling here. Jon Sumrall would be a fun new hire. But I hope fans are prepared for a really rough year next year if Stoops leaves. And nothing will be guaranteed with Sumrall beyond that.

We’re about to lose:

-stoops
-marrow
-coen
-Brad white
-Deon Walker
-barrion brown
-Dane key
-Ray Davis

With no one lined up to replace them, and the hardest schedule in school history next year. All of you that make your music city bowl jokes get ready cause we ain’t getting back there for awhile.

And to think, we almost had a good day today.
What a drama queen.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
We likely won’t start anyone off at 9 mil. Do you guys have any clue how this works?
Yes, BUT by UK paying a coach $9 million, whoever is hired KNOWS that there is a possibility of making a top 15 salary if things go right. Which at UK means winning 6-8 games/year and HOPEFULLY have a 10 win season every 5 years to try and sneak into the playoff.

NO OTHER SEC program besides Vandy can offer that kind of money for such LITTLE in return.

UK had reached its ceiling with Stoops. He couldn’t ever win the big game. UT owned him. He lost to Vandy last year who was disgraceful. UK can do better. Our gain is A&M’s loss

Funny that you say UK can do better considering they never have in the history of the program. It's fan like you that make me happy for Stoops if he gets this opportunity

Reactions: Father Torque
Stoops is a good coach, he did indeed reach his ceiling here. IDK, A&M has very deep pockets, Stoops may be successful there

Is Stoops overpaid? Yeah, probably. Does our win loss record live up to our overall football budget? Probably not. Do any one of us suffer financially based off what any of these coaches are paid? Hell no. Why people focus so much on money I will never understand.

Stoops has earned plenty of criticism during his time here. But I don’t know how anyone could be a fan of Rich Brooks, who is beloved here, but also not be a fan of Stoops. Brooks didn’t do shit compared to Stoops, and I love Brooks. It’s strange to me how fans seemingly hold inconsistent views about our coaches.

I think Stoops has probably hit his ceiling here. Jon Sumrall would be a fun new hire. But I hope fans are prepared for a really rough year next year if Stoops leaves. And nothing will be guaranteed with Sumrall beyond that.
I agree with most everything you say. But, I will counter that with NO OTHER coach in the history of UK Football has been given the resources and support that Coach Stoops received here. Throw in the top pay for his Asst. coaches and you get what you pay for.

With higher pay comes higher expectations. Thanks to Coach Stoops for PROVING you CAN win here!! Coach Brooks didn't have 1/10th the support and resources that Coach Stoops has had here.

So, hiring the next coach should be MUCH easier than when UK hired EITHER Brooks OR Stoops because of what those 2 PROVED here.

That's utterly ridiculous. You can't make an SEC hc hire with a one year contract offer. Where did you get your departmental management experience? The next hire will be someone with prior hc experience, and he will receive a contract suitable for an SEC hc. And I just hope the negative nancies in our fan base will drop all the phony pretense and support him.
First off, who defecated in your coffee? Secondly, I was a suggestion to keep Coen here.

Sounds like this has been in the works for weeks anyway. Mitch probably already has a replacement.

You could argue the other way.
He took a traditional bottom feeder and made UK respectable. With NIL and a seemingly endless pockets, he could be successful.
We're about to see if Kentucky had a coaching issue, or if Stoops had a Kentucky issue. Hope he's ready for the heat down there. College Station is a helluva lot more nutso than Lexington football wise.

Reactions: wildcatglenn
Funny that you say UK can do better considering they never have in the history of the program. It's fan like you that make me happy for Stoops if he gets this opportunity
What coach in the history of our program was given the resources and support that Stoops got? If that remains, I don’t see why we can’t find another coach that can win games. We don’t have to be the old Kentucky.

Reactions: catben
What coach in the history of our program was given the resources and support that Stoops got? If that remains, I don’t see why we can’t find another coach that can win games. We don’t have to be the old Kentucky.

It's a crap shoot, and betting on the next hire being the best coach in UKs history is a fools bet

Lmao at you listed Dane Key in that group like he’s some big loss. How will we ever be able to replace the biggest butterfingers and nations leader in dropped passes…

Look, I personally HATE change of any kind but even I’m not upset with Stoops leaving. He was clearly peaked out and on a backslide. One win doesn’t change that. We were going to lose some of the people on the list regardless. Im fine with moving on.

Id MUCH rather go 6-6 with a new coach with potential than 7-5 with a guy whose been here over a decade and is what he is. The ones I feel bad for the most is the A&M fans. They’re fuming and they should be. How does a school like A&M hire a guy like stoops who is a 7-8 win coach when they’ve fired their last coaches for winning that much or more?

The best part of all this is how much money it frees up. Not only is his salary gone but that massive buyout is too. It was a gift from the gods. Now that it’s gone maybe Mitch can find the money to can Calipari after this year.

Reactions: catben
I wasn’t calling for him to be fired, but I’m not begging him to stay either.

Look, this AD bent over backwards for this guy. Gave him everything he’s asked for from facilities, to recruiting budgets, to raises, etc… he gave him much of that before Stoops proved anything. He continued to pile on the candy for even making bowl games. Stoops was on easy street.

Stoops did a good job here but also never really challenged for a division title. We benefited from UL, Florida, USC being down while Vandy continued to suck. He raised our floor and made us competitive, but he was also advantaged like no other Uk coach with resources being invested.

Most of the people belly aching were over his arrogant remarks and attitude. Dude thought he arrived. Then every time we play a big boy we get boat-raced. He was given tons of grace here, but no such quarter awaits him in College Station. He will be gone in 4-5 years. Won’t win enough.

He will have the best resources and people will pony up… but he won’t do any better than Jimbo did.

UK will be fine.

Reactions: KyCatFan
His is our bear Bryant you dunce. He's the winningest coach we've ever had. He the best Kentucky is getting and building with. Losers just can't understand how to win.

Could this end up like when the Vol fans threw a fit over Greg Schiano being the hire after Lane Kiffin left??

If you remember, the Vol fans revolted and complained to a point that Fat Boy Phil rescinded the offer.
Certainly possible. Also possible that Schiano might have been a better choice than Heupel. Hiring a coach is a crap shoot.

We likely won’t start anyone off at 9 mil. Do you guys have any clue how this works?
Depends on who we go after. Unproven coach, yeah nowhere near 9 million but to try and get a proven winner here you bet your ass we better be offering 9 million.

Reactions: KyCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT