ADVERTISEMENT

I Have to Give Credit to All the Negative Posters!!

I think we have the potential to win this next game, and a greater chance to win the last 2 games. This is football and anyone can win on any given day.

Reactions: grevey35
Always great to get a road win in SEC team. With that said, context is everything. The team MsU put on the field last night was the worst I’ve seen of that program since the last days of Sylvester Croom. That was a bad team we beat last night. Not all their fault, but had their starting All Sec QB and RB been available, then the game would have likely been quite a bit different. Good win but also one we should have won.

We ain’t beating Bama.

We should beat USC bc they are a mess, but you never know.

Beating a solid UL team would make me feel we like we are improving. They have a really good defense and will test us. We will be one their best opponents on their schedule. It should be a very competitive game.

Go 8-4 and I’ll feel better… otherwise treading water. Gonna get way harder next season!

Reactions: track42
I'm glad we won but this doesn't really move the needle for those who want UK to take that next step.

Everyone on this board, except the negs, "wants UK to take that next step" because the negs don't want Stoops to do it. They've already been proven completely wrong about this staff from day 1, and over and over again. This is the negs last hope for redemption.

They NEED Stoops not to take UK to the SEC Championship, no matter what. They'll fight any momentum we might put together and every chance they get, until they get that perfect situation, and that big name coach, with that perfect offense, and better recruiting classes than Bama and Georgia for them to finally support the program to the limit of what theyre capable, which is their full 90%.

We ain’t beating Bama.

Lol. Let's look back at our previous "ain'ts"...

"We aint competing with Florida."

"We ain't beating Florida in the swamp."

"We ain't beating Florida after the beating We took last year."

"We ain't beating Florida 2 games in a row, much less at the Swamp."

"We ain't beating Florida for the 3rd straight time, not with this team/offense."

You'll forgive the rest of us if we don't go into every game with our balls in our hands and ready to hand them to our opponents... ffs grow a pair

Keyboard Commando,
My balls are fine.

Next week is a massive mismatch.

You’re comparing Bama to Florida. World’s apart.

We absolutely had to have that game last night. Now we need to finish the season strong. If we can go 2-1 in our last 3 (whatever permutation that takes), I’ll consider this a successful season.
This. That USCjr game is huge. More than likely we don't win next week, sad but true. But that measns you have to win in Columbia. You can't roll into Lousiville with a 6-5 record and be a breath away from being .500

Win USCjr. And then give UofL your best shot. Best case you get 8-4. Worst 7-5. But you HAVE to win that game on the road in Columbia. Have to.

Reactions: jauk11
Lol. Let's look back at our previous "ain'ts"...

"We aint competing with Florida."

"We ain't beating Florida in the swamp."

"We ain't beating Florida after the beating We took last year."

"We ain't beating Florida 2 games in a row, much less at the Swamp."

"We ain't beating Florida for the 3rd straight time, not with this team/offense."

You'll forgive the rest of us if we don't go into every game with our balls in our hands and ready to hand them to our opponents... ffs grow a pair
I'm going in with no expectation. If we will I'll be ecstatic. If not, on to the next If Leary isn't good to go next week for whatever reason, it's going to be even more difficult to win that game.

I'm glad we won but this doesn't really move the needle for those who want UK to take that next step.

But hey we are bowl eligible again! Hopefully we win more to get a better bowl than the Music City Bowl.
Also this. I'm glad we are bowl eligible. But man, if it's the Music City Bowl again, people will have to understand why the majority of the fanbase won't be overly excited.

Reactions: K_TIME and DraftCat
Everyone on this board, except the negs, "wants UK to take that next step" because the negs don't want Stoops to do it. They've already been proven completely wrong about this staff from day 1, and over and over again. This is the negs last hope for redemption.

They NEED Stoops not to take UK to the SEC Championship, no matter what. They'll fight any momentum we might put together and every chance they get, until they get that perfect situation, and that big name coach, with that perfect offense, and better recruiting classes than Bama and Georgia for them to finally support the program to the limit of what theyre capable, which is their full 90%.

I don't care who gets us to the SEC Championship... but if Stoops hasn't done it by now you think it's going to get easier with Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference?

Maybe this is just Kentucky football forever always on the doorstep but never the champion.

Stoops bringing us into relevancy at least into consistent bowl games is a vast improvement from Joker but I wonder if there is a next step.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Also this. I'm glad we are bowl eligible. But man, if it's the Music City Bowl again, people will have to understand why the majority of the fanbase won't be overly excited.
You guys realize that only the Citrus Bowl (by their own choice) has repeats of SEC teams?

We are far likelier headed to Tampa (at 9-3 or 8-4) Jacksonville (7-5 got us there in ‘16 and ‘20) Charlotte or Texas.

It won’t be Nashville.

And God Willing, it won’t be Iowa!

Last edited:
I doubt a handful of posters on this message board have anything to do to impact a win.
Unless players or coaches are posting, I doubt any poster really has an impact on winning . . . except maybe me . . . and that’s not because of my posting. [I occasionally pass along an idea on a play alignment drawn on my paper napkin at the QB Club. Remember the swing pass to Ray Davis that he scored on against UF . . . . that play was supposed to go to the left side, but I spilled a little soy sauce on the napkin and my ink pen was a little spotty].

Last edited:
If some fans and trolls are allowed to be perpetually negative then there should be a few who balance it out. I don't think it's hypocritical to look for bright spots
I agree with this, whole heartily!

Hypocrisy or a “double standard” would be the expression of my opinion, and then banning the expression of the opposite opinion.

We will likely lose to Bama, and like clockwork, the new accounts will pounce for two days, thereafter.

But I have South Carolina up my sleeve the following Saturday (and am glad I have it there in spite of the rash on my elbow).

No worries at all, I agree both sides are wrong and won’t admit it. I get to negative at times and can be better and the group that takes passive agressive shots at perceived “ miserable posters” can be better. I just don’t like Kentucky losing games I think they can/should win. The Mizzou & Tennessee games fall in that category. Stoops has been great here and anybody wanting him fired is crazy, but these past 2 seasons his teams have lost games because of mental mistakes that shouldn’t happen. I’m glad we have him and hope they get it fixed. I get the not wanting to see whining all the time, I agree it’s to much at times for sure on here, but I also think the “ moral high ground group” likes to take shots when the complaints are valid. Overall both sides can be better and should

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic. I should not even have to say that. But some people are incapable of optimism for reasons that likely have nothing at all to do with football.

The reason that positively oriented people take a break and wait a few days to post on the board after a loss is obviously because this board always becomes psychotic and irrationally confrontational following losses. There is no benefit or enjoyment in reading intrinsically negative whining and bashing by habitually unhappy people. It isn't hypocritical to make rational judgments about how to delegate one's time. Where would you get an idea like that? Debating here with habitually negative, unhappy people is a waste of time. Hopefully most of us have a real life and real responsibilities that occupy our time. If you don't get it that there are activities in life more important than debating miserable people on an online sports board, then I seriously feel bad for you.

This board is full of hypocrites on both sides and it’s hilarious. You got the ones who are quote” miserable for pointing out concerns, and sometimes can take it to far for sure, and then you have the moral high ground folks who go silent when Kentucky plays like shit, but when Kentucky beats bad teams they come out firing off all the shots they can. Both sides are wrong to a point, but you gotta get those shots off and look cool. But in all seriousness, good win form Kentucky last night, they showed up and won a road game. Now pray Leary is good and see if they have a fighting chance next week
The Board reminds me of a Moose Lodge where the new guy moves into town, wanders in and the members are quick to let him know that their opinion and their views are the only thing that matters in the Lodge. The members are dying off, they need new members but only want those who will bow down. So yes I agree, there are hypocrites here. I watched the game last night. I saw the same Kentucky team I have seen all my life. Undisciplined, very poorly managed, make the same mistakes again and again. Yes Kentucky won, but there was nothing on display last night that makes me think they are any more pepared to face Alabama, South Carolina on the road, and a Louisville team that has had this game circled on their calendar for a year. I beleived this program has made progress under CMS but it bothers me to see the same mistakes made in year 11 that they were making in year 1. Mistakes that cannot happen against good teams. It can be done here. Missouri is a prime example that other schools besides Florida, Alabama, Georgia and LSU can compete in this league. Reaching into the portal for a starting quarterback is not a move we need to be making every year. The portal and what it brings, really hurts schools trying to build a program. I wish some controls could be set in place there.

I EXPECT and I DEMAND a good performance by my team.;

Therefore, I must expect similar posts following the Bama game!

You attitude not expecting such posts is just acceptance of mediocre football!!

I think we have the potential to win this next game, and a greater chance to win the last 2 games. This is football and anyone can win on any given day.
That just isn’t true. There is very little parity in college football. We go decades without beating certain schools. There is such a discrepancy in talent between us in the tide its ridiculous (players and coaches). I’m just being realistic. Not saying don’t watch or the game shouldn’t be played. But if we play 10 games, Alabama wins them all. Saban doesn’t lose to teams like UK.

Unless players or coaches are posting, I doubt any poster really has an impact on winning . . . except maybe me . . . and that’s not because of my posting. [I occasionally pass along an idea on a play alignment drawn on my paper napkin at the QB Club. Remember the swing pass to Ray Davis that he scored on against UF . . . . that play was supposed to go to the left side, but I spilled a little soy sauce on the napkin and my ink pen was a little spotty].

I thought it looked like a Hack play

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
There is nothing wrong with being optimistic. I should not even have to say that. But some people are incapable of optimism for reasons that likely have nothing at all to do with football.

The reason that positively oriented people take a break and wait a few days to post on the board after a loss is obviously because this board always becomes psychotic and irrationally confrontational following losses. There is no benefit or enjoyment in reading intrinsically negative whining and bashing by habitually unhappy people. It isn't hypocritical to make rational judgments about how to delegate one's time. Where would you get an idea like that? Debating here with habitually negative, unhappy people is a waste of time. Hopefully most of us have a real life and real responsibilities that occupy our time. If you don't get it that there are activities in life more important than debating miserable people on an online sports board, then I seriously feel bad for you.
Never said there was, being positive is good, but taking shots at people for having legit gripes and being selective when you do is bad. The “ superiority complex” group likes to act like they are better at times, when we are all in the same boat. You bringing up real life situation when majority of people are on here all day during games is a moot point. Do you think the people upset don’t have jobs either? And you call people upset miserable because they want the program to improve a little is sad to. I seriously feel bad for you that you think people are miserable because they disagree with you. Both sides can be better, there are ones on both sides that take it to far, but the superiority group need to settle down and stop acting like they are better when they are not

Last nights version of MSST is worse than any Vandy team in the last 10 years. Watching a 2nd half score of 3-0 against such a crew was not riveting football. Big game against bama coming up and although not likely to win would be nice to be in a nice groove going into the game and feeling good about yourself. If you think the 2nd half did that for our team, good for you.
Cry more.

This team is 1 win behind where they should be to ppl that live in reality.

Sidenote: anyone ever find other odd that every year ppl always talk about how we can play and upset someone we aren't favored to beat...but they never consider that could happen in the other direction too?

• Love
Reactions: jauk11 and Girthang
The Board reminds me of a Moose Lodge where the new guy moves into town, wanders in and the members are quick to let him know that their opinion and their views are the only thing that matters in the Lodge. The members are dying off, they need new members but only want those who will bow down. So yes I agree, there are hypocrites here. I watched the game last night. I saw the same Kentucky team I have seen all my life. Undisciplined, very poorly managed, make the same mistakes again and again. Yes Kentucky won, but there was nothing on display last night that makes me think they are any more pepared to face Alabama, South Carolina on the road, and a Louisville team that has had this game circled on their calendar for a year. I beleived this program has made progress under CMS but it bothers me to see the same mistakes made in year 11 that they were making in year 1. Mistakes that cannot happen against good teams. It can be done here. Missouri is a prime example that other schools besides Florida, Alabama, Georgia and LSU can compete in this league. Reaching into the portal for a starting quarterback is not a move we need to be making every year. The portal and what it brings, really hurts schools trying to build a program. I wish some controls could be set in place there.
My favorite part in the whole thing, is they say they don’t want to debate miserable people. When a lot people who post are on here the same amount of times. Disagreeing with people now means they must be miserable

Last edited:
Reactions: Swan Song
Cry more.

Sidenote: anyone ever find other odd that every year ppl always talk about how we can play and upset someone we aren't favored to beat...but they never consider that could happen in the other direction too?
Please highlight my tears. I’ll wait!!!!

If you don’t think the team has looked rather shitty basically all year, then as I stated to the OP I’ll state the same to you, good for you. Because I think the team has looked like dog shit all year, and that’s not crying, it’s my observation and my opinion. You don’t like it, don’t read it or otherwise kiss my ass with your cry more BS!!!!

Reactions: bigbluedon
We beat a bad team and didn't look great doing it. That said, I don't remember anyone complaining when we thump a crappy Vanderbilt team. A win is a win.

The one thing I did take away from last night's game is that Stoops is very well aware of the discipline problems on his squad and looks like he is as fed up as some of the rest of us. He wore a look of disgust most of the first half, and I thought he was going to break his foot off in Sumo-Karnbaye's ass for missing that block that allowed Leary to get popped. Hopefully he can find a way to get that message across.

That and cow bells suck. They should be banned.

I hate to say it, but the most likely bowl is the Mayo bowl against Duke. They most likely finish 8-4. It's just too juicy of a story for the bean counters to pass up.

I understand having an emotional attachment to a coach and defending them at all costs
but to think people like me, and I've been rooting for UK football for over 50 years,
don't want UK to succeed unless it's with a particular coach or without a particular
coach is silly and makes you sound like a cult member.

There are lots of people whohave lost faith in Stoops ability to take us to the next level
or who have been frustrated with our recent defensive efforts but that doesn't mean
any(or at least many) are rooting against UK or not happy when we play
well is just not true and you're living in a fantasy land if you really believe it.

Keyboard Commando,
My balls are fine.

Nope. Swing and a miss.

I compared the comments of persistently negative people with the actual outcomes.

Edit- this post assumed a fan of UK Football would know the outcomes of games in those years, which may have been too much of a stretch

Last edited:
Cry more.

Yep. 27-30 years of it. A lot of fans just don't have the heart it takes to come back from a loss or a poorly played game. They are too fragile, and can't risk getting their feelings hurt again, or can't handle that people might make fun of them if their team loses.

It's part of sports and you have to handle losing well and winning well. It's crazy how many people in this state only care if the team they think will win is the one who wins, and can't fully back or cheer for their team even if they're expected to be beaten by 2 TDs.

You can't please em, because they're pissed before the game about the last one, are telling everyone they suck, and are jmust as mad if they win. If they win by 3 TDs it just makes them raving lunatics.

Just gotta put em on ignore and keep talking to the 50 posters left that can handle a full season of football.

Reactions: jauk11
We beat a bad team and didn't look great doing it. That said, I don't remember anyone complaining when we thump a crappy Vanderbilt team. A win is a win.

The one thing I did take away from last night's game is that Stoops is very well aware of the discipline problems on his squad and looks like he is as fed up as some of the rest of us. He wore a look of disgust most of the first half, and I thought he was going to break his foot off in Sumo-Karnbaye's ass for missing that block that allowed Leary to get popped. Hopefully he can find a way to get that message across.

That and cow bells suck. They should be banned.

I hate to say it, but the most likely bowl is the Mayo bowl against Duke. They most likely finish 8-4. It's just too juicy of a story for the bean counters to pass up.
That wouldn’t be awful. Duke is a decent team and an interesting matchup.

Reactions: JPFisher
I've never defended Stoops at all costs.

I do however support this team, rather than talking trash about them persistently for decades, even when a coach has (or coaches have) proved most negative people wrong repeatedly.

I've been around when we "ain't beating Bama" and beat Bama. When we "ain't beating the number one team (LSU)," and when we've beaten other teams that all the negs said we'd lose to for 3 decades. When they said "we'd be lucky to go to a bowl game once In a while" and they'd "be happy with that," I knew not to believe them. When they said we "wouldn't ever get to 9 wins much less ten," I even put money on it and all the little girls welched on the bet.

I won't stop knowing that it's possible for us to beat the teams we play, simply because people cant risk getting their feelings hurt. That's the game of football in a nutshell and why I love it. Teams like Appy State can beat the Michigans. There is no impossibility in this game except in the heads of those hell bent on a losing mentality. There's no guarantees either direction, and I know some people can't handle it

Reactions: jauk11 and The-Hack
This team has played poor in some way almost every game this season.

What's weird about the past is that it is the past. Last year only affects this year if you let it by dwelling on it. Same goes for last week.

giphy.gif

You guys realize that only the Citrus Bowl (by their own choice) has repeats of SEC teams?

We are far likelier headed to Tampa (at 9-3 or 8-4) Jacksonville (7-5 got us there in ‘16 and ‘20) Charlotte or Texas.

It won’t be Nashville.

And God Willing, it won’t be Iowa!
Memphis.

Please highlight my tears. I’ll wait!!!!

If you don’t think the team has looked rather shitty basically all year, then as I stated to the OP I’ll state the same to you, good for you. Because I think the team has looked like dog shit all year, and that’s not crying, it’s my observation and my opinion. You don’t like it, don’t read it or otherwise kiss my ass with your cry more BS!!!!
It is crying. I have seen many UK teams that fit the description you are laying on this team and you are extremely inaccurate or have a total lack of perspective. We all would love to improve even more but I don't believe constantly crapping on those actually doing all the work actually helps anything.

Nope. Swing and a miss.

I compared the comments of persistently negative people with the actual outcomes.

Edit- this post assumed a fan of UK Football would know the outcomes of games in those years, which may have been too much of a
I’ve forgotten more UK football than most know. I’m an alum. 30 year plus season ticket holder. Attended Uk regular season games and bowls all over the country. Very much a fan.

I see the Bama game as a massive mismatch.

Bama 38
Uk 17

I do think we match up well with the other two opponents though.

Keyboard Commando,
My balls are fine.

You're missing the point. Just stop watching and posting on here then if you want us to lose.

Last nights version of MSST is worse than any Vandy team in the last 10 years. Watching a 2nd half score of 3-0 against such a crew was not riveting football. Big game against bama coming up and although not likely to win would be nice to be in a nice groove going into the game and feeling good about yourself. If you think the 2nd half did that for our team, good for you.
I don't know, but I am sure hoping.

Yes, folks, they told us that we had better expect and demand better of Coach Stoops and his team, or we were fueling mediocrity!

They courageously posted their thoughts under anonymous nicknames, and spoke of Stoops’ nine-million dollar contract at least ten-million times!

Yeah, verily, they Harped, Bitched and Moaned this program back onto the winning track!!!!

Surely, the astute complaints and observations of the likes of those with newly minted Cat sounding monikers were printed and shared throughout the football complex, making it clear that the natives were restless,

And mid-week, the Coaching staff and team had a collective epiphany:

WE MUST WIN IN STARKVILLE AS THOSE FANS WHOSE REAL NAMES WE WILL NEVER KNOW . . . SO DEMAND IT!!!

And even as it had been demanded, so it was produced on the football gridiron in Starkville, Mississippi!
I think everyone agrees stoops can beat the dregs of the league, though it was nice to see him finally beat a bad SEC west team on the road. You’re right, we were wrong. This doesn’t look like a man who’s comfortable. I was wrong to mistake his consistent lack of personal discipline and consistent lack of discipline from his team as a sign he isn’t serious or focused on getting the details right. This shaky win over a program in turmoil whose coach died in the off season is a sign we are ready to compete with the teams we need to beat to get to the second tier of the league!

I don't know, but I am sure hoping.
I don't care who gets us to the SEC Championship... but if Stoops hasn't done it by now you think it's going to get easier with Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference?

Maybe this is just Kentucky football forever always on the doorstep but never the champion.

Stoops bringing us into relevancy at least into consistent bowl games is a vast improvement from Joker but I wonder if there is a next step.
But we still have the same AD that sent Joker into the game against Florida his first year with TWO four stars vs Florida having over fifty four AND five stars. The FLOOD of money from the OTHER SEC ADs that supported the money cow was a great help, but it can only go so far.

When was the last time we had a big improvement in our football facilities, right after we had the TWO two win seasons?

I understand having an emotional attachment to a coach and defending them at all costs
but to think people like me, and I've been rooting for UK football for over 50 years,
don't want UK to succeed unless it's with a particular coach or without a particular
coach is silly and makes you sound like a cult member.

There are lots of people whohave lost faith in Stoops ability to take us to the next level
or who have been frustrated with our recent defensive efforts but that doesn't mean
any(or at least many) are rooting against UK or not happy when we play
well is just not true and you're living in a fantasy land if you really believe it.
I like your saying, the fight is here, I don't need a ride, I need ammo. But if the fight is here and you can't give me any ammo then I sure as hell want a ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT