ADVERTISEMENT

I Have to Give Credit to All the Negative Posters!!

Yes, folks, they told us that we had better expect and demand better of Coach Stoops and his team, or we were fueling mediocrity!

They courageously posted their thoughts under anonymous nicknames, and spoke of Stoops’ nine-million dollar contract at least ten-million times!

Yeah, verily, they Harped, Bitched and Moaned this program back onto the winning track!!!!

Surely, the astute complaints and observations of the likes of those with newly minted Cat sounding monikers were printed and shared throughout the football complex, making it clear that the natives were restless,

And mid-week, the Coaching staff and team had a collective epiphany:

WE MUST WIN IN STARKVILLE AS THOSE FANS WHOSE REAL NAMES WE WILL NEVER KNOW . . . SO DEMAND IT!!!

And even as it had been demanded, so it was produced on the football gridiron in Starkville, Mississippi!
What an embarrassing post.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
The Hack expects us to pony up a bit more. We've got to stay on the Stoops bandwagon and simp our way to success.

Last edited:
What an embarrassing post.
So, Brady, are you wanting to run Stoops and company out-of-town on a rail?

Check out the dozens of embarrassing posts this one was made in response to: they imply that those of us who buy tickets, etc., must use our power to toss Stoops, or by our inactions, we are supporting mediocrity, etc., etc.

So where are you on the subject? [Edit: I just read your OP, below].

I’m disappointed in the season, but I’m not looking to cut bait with Stoops.

Last edited:
Reactions: grevey35

Check out the dozens of embarrassing posts this one was made in response to: they imply that those of us who buy tickets, etc., must use our power to toss Stoops, or by our inactions, we are supporting mediocrity, etc., etc.

So where are you on the subject? And your opinion weighs much more heavily than mine or most, here.

Hack I'm on your team. Very disappointed in this year's results, but my love for UKFB tells me to hang in with the team and coaches!! The changes in the landscape of all college athletics is making it tough to accept that money rules. Loyalty and love of the game is playing second fiddle to what our changed society is looking for. I'm going to focus on playing our best game of the year and handing the Cards a devastating loss!!! GBB

Convinced Yet...it's about OFFENSE folks. We've been outscored 211-83 in our 4 losses. Wake the hell up!
This was about Miss St so wtf are you blathering about? We won that game much to your chagrin. If we scored 50 in the 2nd half of that game we'd be at 211-130 with the same damn record.

So where are you on the subject? [Edit: I just read your OP, below].

I just think you look foolish wagging your finger at everybody over a win against an awful MSU team.

In the midst of a second half of a season where we end up 1-6 and have beaten exactly zero bowl teams the entire year. It’s probably best to stop acting high and mighty. Maybe take a look at the awful football for two full seasons now.

With Mitch making the decision it’s 50/50 on what I want. I’m tired of Stoops. He’s full of shit. His staff is below average and he has made an obscene amount of $ for what he accomplished. But he’s been paid. We don’t owe him a damn thing.

The fact of the matter is he’s not a very good football coach. I’ll say that going to the grave. He can “recruit” if that’s what we want to call it these days.

Last edited:
I just think you look foolish wagging your finger at everybody over a win against an awful MSU team.

In the midst of a second half of a season were we end up 1-6 and have beaten exactly zero bowl teams the entire year. It’s probably best to stop acting high and mighty. Maybe take a look at the awful football for two full seasons now.

With Mitch making the decision it’s 50/50 on what I want. I’m tired of Stoops. He’s full of shit. His staff is below average and he has made an obscene amount of $ for what he accomplished. But he’s been paid. We don’t owe him a damn thing.

The fact of the matter is he’s not a very good football coach. I’ll say that going to the grave. He can “recruit” if that’s what we want to call it these days.
I’d be on board in sticking with the coaching staff if we were 2-3 years into their tenure. But, this is year 11. If they haven’t figured things out by now, there is little chance they will.

UK at one time could only recruit Kentucky kids I think , but that was a long time ago. Go out 500 miles.
That was about the time when Norton, Bird, Ball, Kestner, Seiple, etc played for UK, back BEFORE UK got the ton of black athletes in the deep south eligible to play in the SEC. Which was suicidal for UK football considering how talented black athletes are AND Kentucky's low percentage of black people in state. Some great talent that year but also the Thin Thirty so we had no depth, for instance when All American Norton at QB was injured his replacement was the starting DB, not someone that had been practicing at QB all year.

Oh you’re talking about the 6-7 LSU team who fired their head coach like in the middle of the season? Don’t hold back on me now, let’s state all the facts and look at the whole picture. You c’mon man!
Isn't it pretty common for someone trying to make a point to list the things that prove their point and ignore those that don't? And don't most teams, minus Georgia and Bama of course, have a bad record once in a great while.

And I think any SEC schedule has some pretty good teams on it, and wasn't Georgia a big power even back then?

And also inherited a crippling probation. Looking back, it’s kind of amazing what Brooks did at UK. And that’s when Florida was rolling just like Georgia is now. He had the biggest win of my lifetime if a fan of over 40 years… LSU 2007

And he did it with terrible facilities.
Good post, but you forgot to double down on the terrible facilities that had ZERO real improvements for our ADs first DECADE on the job. Until the TWO two win seasons AND the flood of money from the OTHER SEC schools that did support the MONEY COW.

But he is a hell of a politician, I doubt if we ever get rid of him, but then I guess over twenty years is about the average tenure for most ADs. Especially ones that ignore the MONEY COW for their first ten years in power. In the SEC.

But I am sure the nearby city college football fans appreciate the hell out of him.

• Love
Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Good post, but you forgot to double down on the terrible facilities that had ZERO real improvements for our ADs first DECADE on the job. Until the TWO two win seasons AND the flood of money from the OTHER SEC schools that did support the MONEY COW.

But he is a hell of a politician, I doubt if we ever get rid of him, but then I guess over twenty years is about the average tenure for most ADs. Especially ones that ignore the MONEY COW for their first ten years in power. In the SEC.

But I am sure the nearby city college football fans appreciate the hell out of him.
Best post of 2023 💯🍺

• Haha
Reactions: entropy13
OP eats crayons
Crayons of heightened expectations, my new, terse and unknown friend!!

The folks of whom I had once complained advised me not to accept mediocrity, so I sat for a spell in a Buddha’s pose, adjusted my lowly expectations, chanting “MmmmmmmWhaaaaaaa, Beat the Cards,” for a solid 96 hours prior to Saturday [I did urinate thrice, but maintained my chant and heightened expectations whilst doing so].

And BAM, BAM, we gave that Top 10 juggernaut an Arse Whooping at their home field!!

All to the credit of the “non-mediocre-accepting-crowd” on Rivals.

I then burned a “Rock, the Good Ag” effigy to stop the “Stoops to College Station” train dead in its tracks!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jameslee32

In the midst of a second half of a season where we end up 1-6 and have beaten exactly zero bowl teams the entire year.
Yeah, I look pretty damn stupid with that 1-6 finish, and nary a win over a bowl bound team!!

But I will endeavor to persevere!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT