ADVERTISEMENT

I’m Starting To Come Around To The View

Can be beat his chest over the 3 in a row against Florida?

I also wouldn’t say the streaks agains usc and Missouri has flipped. USC has got us a couple in a row. But Missouri just has one. We are still owning those series.

I’m not gonna say stoops is the greatest and can do no wrong. But let’s be fair
He can and should be proud of the Florida streak, but let’s not kid ourselves. This isn’t Florida we all grew up with. Also fortunately we don’t have Miz on the schedule anytime soon. You cannot honestly tell me you think we would beat Miz next year.

He can and should be proud of the Florida streak, but let’s not kid ourselves. This isn’t Florida we all grew up with. Also fortunately we don’t have Miz on the schedule anytime soon. You cannot honestly tell me you think we would beat Miz next year.
My guess is, we'll still get Mizzou every other year, whether it's 8 or 9 SEC games a year.

Well to be fair we are not the Kentucky of old either. As far as Missouri, I didn’t say we would beat them next year. I don’t know what they have coming in. All I said was they have not flipped the series yet and they have not.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
Well to be fair we are not the Kentucky of old either. As far as Missouri, I didn’t say we would beat them next year. I don’t know what they have coming in. All I said was they have not flipped the series yet and they have not.
Miz did finish on a much stronger note than us. They are getting national buzz, I understand the OSU opt outs , but still a win. I feel pretty confident they will be pre-season top 10, we will not even be pre-season top 30. That puts them solidly ahead of us. Trust me I am not happy about it. Took a lot of time to build these steaks and just like that in a couple years - boom they’re gone. It sucks and I hate it !!

Can be beat his chest over the 3 in a row against Florida?

I also wouldn’t say the streaks agains usc and Missouri has flipped. USC has got us a couple in a row. But Missouri just has one. We are still owning those series.

I’m not gonna say stoops is the greatest and can do no wrong. But let’s be fair
Mizzou and SC series have clearly changed. When Odom and Muschamp were there stoops was 8-2. Typically tighter games we could count on them to make a couple of more dumb decisions along the game to help out. Since those guys are gone we are .500 vs drink and under .500 against Beamer which is a condemnation on its own. That’s a significant change from winning 80%. And while we maintained the advantage over UL thats moving toward a toss up game. Even this year we didn’t just ‘control the game the whole game’ and it was a competitive game in brohms first season with a third string walk on qb.

As for remembering victories over circumstances…I think most on here grumpy about the direction of things appreciate the accomplishments he has made. The reason circumstances are relevant now is that circumstances are changing and the idea is to not sit around and talk about what happened seasons ago it’s about finding ways to move forward. And there will be less ‘padding’ wins moving forward. I mean, what I’ve seen out of the actual game coaching end it wouldn’t stun me to have a losing record next season. Hopefully that isn’t the case. But all of the schools with coaches that were helping us out some have moved on from them. Only Uf remains with suspect coaching and Vandy remains with subpar rosters but they beat us with it last season.

Mizzou and SC series have clearly changed. When Odom and Muschamp were there stoops was 8-2. Typically tighter games we could count on them to make a couple of more dumb decisions along the game to help out. Since those guys are gone we are .500 vs drink and under .500 against Beamer which is a condemnation on its own. That’s a significant change from winning 80%. And while we maintained the advantage over UL thats moving toward a toss up game. Even this year we didn’t just ‘control the game the whole game’ and it was a competitive game in brohms first season with a third string walk on qb.

As for remembering victories over circumstances…I think most on here grumpy about the direction of things appreciate the accomplishments he has made. The reason circumstances are relevant now is that circumstances are changing and the idea is to not sit around and talk about what happened seasons ago it’s about finding ways to move forward. And there will be less ‘padding’ wins moving forward. I mean, what I’ve seen out of the actual game coaching end it wouldn’t stun me to have a losing record next season. Hopefully that isn’t the case. But all of the schools with coaches that were helping us out some have moved on from them. Only Uf remains with suspect coaching and Vandy remains with subpar rosters but they beat us with it last season.
I am not a believer in beemer. We shit then bed against them 2 years in a row but he is still not the one. Not scared if uscjr. We will see how drink does going forward.

Reactions: UKSouthpaw
We completely beat ourselves in all but 2 losses, and buried ourselves early with no discipline and stupidity in those other 2. If the HC doesn't take responsibility for it and change his playing scared mentality, that has demonstrably been shown without discipline or game awareness, we will not reach 10 wins again.

We mumbled our way out of a 10 win regular season this year and pissed away 8 wins down our leg in the post-season. If our HC dooesn't find a way to change and grasp a winning mentality, he'll choke any remaining momentum out of this program next season. Right now he needs to stop acting like the bait, and become the hunter killer.

Last edited:
I am not a believer in beemer. We shit then bed against them 2 years in a row but he is still not the one. Not scared if uscjr. We will see how drink does going forward.
I’m not either and I think it’s ludicrous we are under water vs him REGARDLESS of the circumstances. But it is what it is. We can say ‘well, a play here an injury there’ but they can say that on a few of the games we won during stretches with muschamp or Odom. I mean is there any more of a definition of stealing one than the game against mizzou where we get the bowden punt return late and the PI for the last play of the game? We were pathetic offensively that day. Even more than normal.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Missouri is having Kentucky’s year from
2 years ago (we actually did it twice). Don’t forget that we have absolutely owned Missouri for close to a decade. Wake me up when they sustain this success for the next 5 years. Otherwise, uk and Missouri are essentially twins.
Missouri and UK are essentially twins except for the fact that Missouri has won
the Eastern Division once or twice since joining the conference.

Reactions: Girthang
Texas has made the playoffs including BCS I believe twice. They have fired multiple Coach's in this period because of bad performance. I am sure I have forgotten, but, over last 15 years Texas has maybe won Big8 3 times. Sarkisian is good and I am sure Texas will be good with him as Coach, but if Georgia cannot beat us 60-3 then Texas will not. Many years between 1960 and now we were beat by 45 points regularly. At least under Stoops we do not have many of those. UK does not have the foundation to support NIL at the level we are going to need to make it to next level. Without big NIL money we will never get the big name Coach so we would have to luck into somebody like TN. got.

The games against Bama and Georgia would have been a beat down like that if it wasn't for the new rule change this year of a running clock to shorten the games.

However, I'm told that we just can't really compete with Missouri, because of St. Louis high school football or something, even though we have usually have had equal or better recruiting classes over the past 10 years.

Last edited:
Look we’ve taken steps up with 2/3 coaching hires

Before brooks I think most of yall would’ve been happy with 2 a season if it were Indiana and Louisville

Stoops to his credit moved the needle even more. Now we absolutely should be contending 2-3 times a decade for one of the spots in the 12 team playoff. If not, why even try?

Stoops isn’t the guy for that. Maybe he would be at a place with 5 stars all over the field. Hell that makes life a lot easier. But I doubt it. Too indecisive and panicky.

Washington is in the FOUR team playoff and national title thanks in large part to a hungry younger coach and ….the transfer portal.

They’ve won the close games that plague stoops. Now they’re in a worse conference but it had some decent teams this year but we also don’t have to go undefeated now. 2 and some years maybe 3 losses could have us in. We have all the advantages, except the biggest checkbook but that can be a negative to have also.

We should be going all in right now. And to me that means either stoops figures it out this year or it’s time to part ways.. especially since we know he’s willing to leave.

Reactions: K86 and bigbluedon

Before brooks I think most of yall would’ve been happy with 2 a season if it were Indiana and Louisville

Stoops to his credit moved the needle even more. Now we absolutely should be contending 2-3 times a decade for one of the spots in the 12 team playoff. If not, why even try?

Stoops isn’t the guy for that. Maybe he would be at a place with 5 stars all over the field. Hell that makes life a lot easier. But I doubt it. Too indecisive and panicky.

Washington is in the FOUR team playoff and national title thanks in large part to a hungry younger coach and ….the transfer portal.

They’ve won the close games that plague stoops. Now they’re in a worse conference but it had some decent teams this year but we also don’t have to go undefeated now. 2 and some years maybe 3 losses could have us in. We have all the advantages, except the biggest checkbook but that can be a negative to have also.

We should be going all in right now. And to me that means either stoops figures it out this year or it’s time to part ways.. especially since we know he’s willing to leave.
Brutally accurate assessment. I would disagree only to the extent that I would hope we give Stoops more rope than you are giving, like maybe 2 to 3 more years of 7 and 6 and if we stop going 7 and 6, that's a problem. For those who would argue that we can't ever get anyone else, at our funds available, we can get nearly any of the 10 to 15 coordinator prospects that we might want (I would want Brian Hartline or Sherron Moore), at least 5 of the top 10 G5 coaches that we want (Sumrall or Chadwell) and perhaps we could even poach one of a group of reasonably successful Power 5 coaches like Kleiman or Clawson or Leipold.

I think Stoops himself can get us there, though, but, make no mistake, he wants to move. He wanted to go to Texas A&M and then he supposedly didn't after it turned out he wasn't going to get the job anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKat1

Well put.

Reactions: K86 and PhattyJ4UK
Missouri and UK are essentially twins except for the fact that Missouri has won
the Eastern Division once or twice since joining the conference.
You are right. They came into the conference at a very opportune time. The East was drunk for about 2 years while the other teams rebuilt. Unfortunately Kentucky was also in dire straights at the time.

To be fair Washington also have a first round QB and Elite WRs. Something we don’t have

Wow, what a way to step out there with an opinion that a majority has had. Brilliant

Well we won 10 twice. So I’d say 10 was the ceiling.

9. We won 10 with the postseason included. The committee and season win o/u are generally what are meant when talking total wins.

To the playoff. And I don't mean regularly. I think he could do it once or twice in a 10 year period, if we get lucky with a 18 or 21 type team.

Problem is, he’s had what.. a dozen years to prove he can? He hasn’t. He squandered his opportunities in 18 and 21. And I don’t think he changes. Pretty good sample of work to choose from. Both years he let Georgia beat us multiple times.

To be fair Washington also have a first round QB and Elite WRs. Something we don’t have

That they obtained how? Through a system that should be able to benefit a team like us a lot more than a team in Pullman Washington? That’s exactly my point. If a school like Washington can make it… Kentucky fans should be licking their chops as to the potential. There hasn’t been a time in most of our lives that we should think we have a legitimate shot to be in a playoff/title hunt. And being in the playoff does that. Instead most are scared to revert back instead of eager to seize the moment.

9. We won 10 with the postseason included. The committee and season win o/u are generally what are meant when talking total wins.

Problem is, he’s had what.. a dozen years to prove he can? He hasn’t. He squandered his opportunities in 18 and 21. And I don’t think he changes. Pretty good sample of work to choose from. Both years he let Georgia beat us multiple times.

That they obtained how? Through a system that should be able to benefit a team like us a lot more than a team in Pullman Washington? That’s exactly my point. If a school like Washington can make it… Kentucky fans should be licking their chops as to the potential. There hasn’t been a time in most of our lives that we should think we have a legitimate shot to be in a playoff/title hunt. And being in the playoff does that. Instead most are scared to revert back instead of eager to seize the moment.
Another one of you “but the committee” guys. I didn’t say shit about the committee. I said we had a 10 win season and we did. I’m not stupid. I know one was a bowl win. Who cares? The team you’re supposed to support won 10 games. Stop trying to downplay it.

However, I'm told that we just can't really compete with Missouri, because of St. Louis high school football or something, even though we have usually have had equal or better recruiting classes over the past 10 years.
I’ve seen people say that before. We’re also half the distance from cincy as mizzou is from St. Louis as far as recruiting goes. And anybody worth their salt out of St. Louis gets recruited by the traditional name schools. Saying they have some improved situation because of that is bogus. We’re closer to all the southern population centers and Ohio players. I remember we got the Faulkner kid from St. Louis a 4* kid on army all American etc and he was a career backup even in years we sucked.

Reactions: WildcatofNati2
Another one of you “but the committee” guys. I didn’t say shit about the committee. I said we had a 10 win season and we did. I’m not stupid. I know one was a bowl win. Who cares? The team you’re supposed to support won 10 games. Stop trying to downplay it.
Because it’s a significant difference

One has us in the playoff going forward more than likely

One does not

I’m sorry it hurts your precious feelings but that’s what it is and how almost all serious discussions regarding football do it. You think the win predictions or over under include bowls?

That they obtained how? Through a system that should be able to benefit a team like us a lot more than a team in Pullman Washington?
You need to check out where UW is. It's in a metro area city way larger than STL, much less Cincy.

Because it’s a significant difference

One has us in the playoff going forward more than likely

One does not

I’m sorry it hurts your precious feelings but that’s what it is and how almost all serious discussions regarding football do it. You think the win predictions or over under include bowls?
All I ever said was we had two 10 win seasons. That’s it. That’s all I said. Do you refute that? I didn’t say anything about playoff. Or the committee. I didn’t mention Vegas or over/unders. Nothing. I said we had two 10 win seasons in recent years.

stop me when I start telling lies

You need to check out where UW is. It's in a metro area city way larger than STL, much less Cincy.

I know where it is. It’s freezing cold and isn’t necessarily loaded with local high school talent. There’s some but they are having to actually recruit players to come.

We have no excuses now.

WAS his ceiling in the old SEC. Looking at the schedule next year 6-6 is what I expect.
Next year's schedule isn't that different from this years...you drop mizzou and pick up ole miss. You dont have Bama but have texas.

You dropped msu but got auburn who just finished 6-7.

The rest is par for the course

I know where it is. It’s freezing cold and isn’t necessarily loaded with local high school talent. There’s some but they are having to actually recruit players to come.

We have no excuses now.
Well it's not in Pullman nor close to it.

This may be Stoops' peak. It may be a program peak. Lot of posts refer to new schedule with 9 SEC games being tougher yet few mention Era of NIL and how that can limit any UK coach. Both work against any coach at UK and make this a very tough job with a very narrow window for success.

If the first 10 win UK team had had one more player, say Levis at QB, or if the second 10 win team had had one more player, say Allen on the edge, either could have been a playoff team, they were that close.

Interesting that a lot of posts fault Stoops for his recent coaching hires. Not sure how Coen is seen as a bad hire. A top flight QB has been the biggest factor holding this team back. In time, Coen can fix that. I even believe Saunders is the answer to that problem.

All said, another head coach could have more success at UK but I believe you have a greater chance of going backward than forward.

I like the Coen hire. I like Saunders a lot. I think you give Stoops more leash during the NIL and SEC nine game transition because right now with NIL a new coach is more likely to fail than succeed. Simply do not like the timing for any change now.

We have no excuses now.
It’s freezing there? Lexington is colder than Seattle lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT