ADVERTISEMENT

How is the UK faithful feeling about Brock?

Hope he has a ton of success. Great kid, very solid athlete, live arm, maybe a bit of a windup, but you can mainly get away with that in college still. Will he garner starting consideration? Who else is there to challenge?
Reminded me alot of Levis just willing to bring the ball down, run, and not scared to take the hit. Want to see more of his arm, but I’m tickled to death for this

Will he garner starting consideration? Who else is there to challenge?
He da’ man once upon campus, period.

And I’m OK with it. We actually saw him toss a TD against us, so he is not devoid of high level experience, and will have no more stage fright in front of 60K in Lexington, as he had 90K in Athens.

He looks like a good prospect to repeat Levis’s journey to the League, though his game is not completely identical to Levis’s.

Hope he has a ton of success. Great kid, very solid athlete, live arm, maybe a bit of a windup, but you can mainly get away with that in college still. Will he garner starting consideration? Who else is there to challenge?
He is the starter from Day 1. Hopefully he is working with a qb coach over the summer to work out the kinks you mentioned. It Is a little disappointing though that in the amount of time he spent at Geogria that this it wasn’t already addressed.

He is the starter from Day 1. Hopefully he is working with a qb coach over the summer to work out the kinks you mentioned. It Is a little disappointing though that in the amount of time he spent at Geogria that this it wasn’t already addressed.
As a former quarterback, it is so difficult to change your natural throwing motion you’ve been using for so many years. Better off scheming around it if it comes to it.

As a former quarterback, it is so difficult to change your natural throwing motion you’ve been using for so many years. Better off scheming around it if it comes to it.

Absolutely. That's why I detest Mike Martz to this day. Totally screwed up AWoodson's chances in the NFL messing with both his delivery and his footwork during a Senior Bowl week

Unfortunately for Brock, he still has the same private QB coach that has let that little hitch stay in his delivery. Maybe it's a rythem thing and his accuracy suffers if he tries to work it out. I just can't understand why someone being paid to fix your mechanics has let it go for a number of years.

Unfortunately for Brock, he still has the same private QB coach that has let that little hitch stay in his delivery. Maybe it's a rythem thing and his accuracy suffers if he tries to work it out. I just can't understand why someone being paid to fix your mechanics has let it go for a number of years.
See my post above.

Reactions: Girthang
It’s a win-win for all stakeholders!! Helps us recruit more blue chips (BCR), could leave after 1 year if succesful, provides transition to Boley

Reactions: GermantownDawg
Hopeful, but impossible to know how a guy's going to perform at this level with such little game experience.
Well, Levis was 2nd string and basically a wildcat qb at PSU and it worked out, hope for the same with Vandergriff but you never know. Can’t teach arm strength and he has it, very important in Coen’s offense.

Hopefully he’s a stud, coming from Georgia I have the upmost confidence in him. That’s basically Stud University now. Btw Georgia not making the playoffs is a tragedy. How can you justify the unanimous all year #1 for losing a championship game to a team that’s in the playoff themselves. No doubt they are better than every other team who made it and just as good as Bama.

Last edited:
Hopefully he’s a stud, coming from Georgia I have the upmost confidence in him. That’s basically Stud Univeesity now. Btw Georgia not making the playoffs is a tragedy. How can you justify the unanimous all year #1 for losing a championship game to a team that’s in the playoff themselves. No doubt they are better than every other team who made it and just as good as Bama.
Just hope they beat the holy dog shit out of FSU.

I think it’s kinda like a golf swing, if it works it works. There are a couple of positions the swing must be in to make great contact and if the timing is there you can swing like Charles Barkley if it works.

Reactions: bluecoon1
I'm not getting my hopes up after the Leary fiasco this year. We brought in the supposedly best QB in the portal and we looked mediocre on offense most of the year. Some of that I blame on the coaches for how they used him, but he had major accuracy issues and made poor choices at times. Plus I've never seen a QB get passes deflected as much as him.

Vandagriff is highly rated, but has very little game experience. How will he do in our snail's pace offense with constantly checking the sideline and having to rush to get the plays off? Also getting pressured a lot with the same OL coach returning that many have thought should have been fired 2 straight years. We've done a poor job developing highly ranked QB's under Stoops. Hopefully what time he had at Georgia will get him ahead of the game.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: K86
A little pissed that his last name is vandagriff

We need a qb with a last name like “wild” or “cat” so half our board won’t spell or say it wrong.

But, I guess I’m willing to overlook it if he can fire the pigskin.

I agree, experienced the same. I found the hardest part was being able to stay consistent with the change without reverting back when the bullets started flying.
That’s just called job security.

I am super excited to have Brock as our QB. He's a quality young man with a good head on his shoulders and all the potential in the world. I don't think we could possibly be in any better hands. I believe he will play well from the start, but obviously, he will get even better the more reps he gets. The guy has an extremely high ceiling and has been coached by some of the best in the business.

I’m happy they got him now, I can easily see him replicating what Levis did, maybe even be a bit better of a runner. He will have weapons, with brown, key, cottrail, and whoever else they add at WR. Rb will be interesting to see I’m not sold on the Ohio st guy, I hope they go after rocket sanders

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT