ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing that Arkansas has a big money alum

For anyone shocked by this, it has been public knowledge for quite some time.

As far as alumni there, you’ve got the Walmart founder, Tyson chicken founder, Jerry Jones, Bill Clinton, John Daly.

It’s hard not to imagine all of that mixed with Cal’s connections they can have a hefty NIL pool.
No doubt but you would think by now they would have invested tons in Football because it’s way more important to most in the South and to the school. You also need more $ to build a FB team. Maybe this is chump change and that’s why they are doing it just to make a splash year 1.

Reactions: Girthang
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This board has almost completely fallen apart and most of it is meaningless. There are a lot of posters that need to be cleaned out.

Is Arkansas just going to double the NIL for a UK commit they've never heard of? Jerry, Jerry, Jerry....

For the Arkansas faithful, the things that are pleasing you can hurt you somehow.

that's committed to paying double whatever NIL money they're offered by UK and other blue blood programs. I know theyve got their reasons, but I had no idea they were really that loaded, since I have never seen them pony up like that even for football.

The questions it brings up are many.

- What had been going on between this alumnus and Arkansas previously that they didn't rope him into such a commitment before now?
- They've had some big name hires in the past few years in football but why haven't they spilled the beans before or publicly acknowledged donations from this megamillionaire?
- Are they getting desperate that they just want to pay for whomever UK is recruiting instead of doing the work themselves? Hope somebody comes to their senses.
- Who is running the show over there?
- Is Cal running roughshod over their athletic dept the way he did early in his time at UK?
- Why, if it's a destination program, do they need to lay double the offers of other schools on the table, and why would a mega-donor commit to that without input?
- Do they only want the ones that they can't get?
- Cal isn't getting any younger, maybe the pain of first round losses are finally driving things home for him, and he's finding that hunger again?

Seems like the wild west over there
Some of it could be orchestrated by the spin doctor himself Calipari. If word gets out, true or not, then some schools may back off fearing a bidding war and wasted time.

If it's really not true, Jerry Jones needs to hold a press conference and tell us so. He's got to get ahead of this and put a lasso on it.

They have all that money and are a self proclaimed “football school” . When is the last time Arkansas won the sec in football?

Any updates from Trilly on Jerry Jones' Money? Who's got their hands on one of those double the NIL contracts?

that's committed to paying double whatever NIL money they're offered by UK and other blue blood programs. I know theyve got their reasons, but I had no idea they were really that loaded, since I have never seen them pony up like that even for football.

The questions it brings up are many.

- What had been going on between this alumnus and Arkansas previously that they didn't rope him into such a commitment before now?
- They've had some big name hires in the past few years in football but why haven't they spilled the beans before or publicly acknowledged donations from this megamillionaire?
- Are they getting desperate that they just want to pay for whomever UK is recruiting instead of doing the work themselves? Hope somebody comes to their senses.
- Who is running the show over there?
- Is Cal running roughshod over their athletic dept the way he did early in his time at UK?
- Why, if it's a destination program, do they need to lay double the offers of other schools on the table, and why would a mega-donor commit to that without input?
- Do they only want the ones that they can't get?
- Cal isn't getting any younger, maybe the pain of first round losses are finally driving things home for him, and he's finding that hunger again?

Seems like the wild west over there
Thats all BS, the part about JJ.

For no less than the 25th time, this something Matt Jones took from a rumors discord and just ran with it and repeated to manipulate you guys. 100% not accurate.

Arkansas is not relevant on the national scene at all and will never be. They don’t move the needle in any sport that matters and never will. Nike doesn’t give two shts about Arkansas and that’s why you won’t be getting the big recruits just Calipari’s fringe OAD’s that he got at Kentucky. And you won’t even get all of those. You guys make sure to stick around for the inevitable because we all can’t wait to laugh at you. lol.

Little Arkansas good grief.

Cowboys fans have to be livid that he's spending all this money on draft night, instead of focused on his team.

Arkansas is not relevant on the national scene at all and will never be. They don’t move the needle in any sport that matters and never will. Nike doesn’t give two shts about Arkansas and that’s why you won’t be getting the big recruits just Calipari’s fringe OAD’s that he got at Kentucky. And you won’t even get all of those. You guys make sure to stick around for the inevitable because we all can’t wait to laugh at you. lol.

Little Arkansas good grief.
You seem to be taking this hard.

You seem to be taking this hard.

He's probably a NYGiants fan. They don't like Jerry spending his money. In this case though, you'd think a NYGiants fan would be happy Jerry is more focused on Arkansas right now.

Is Arkansas just going to double the NIL for a UK commit they've never heard of? Jerry, Jerry, Jerry....

For the Arkansas faithful, the things that are pleasing you can hurt you somehow.
The original tweets are readily available. In them, the rumor spreaders said Jones would double whatever previous Kentucky recruits (like Fland) were offered by UK.

It was clear this didn't pertain to new offers to guys like Carr or Butler. The thought is silly. Some of our UK fans have been making it seem like Arkansas would offer anyone we're presently going after double the NIL, which is BS.

I'm actually surprised you didn't take a deeper look into the actual implications before you started this thread. By not having done your research, you actually helped facilitate some BS that is already spreading across BBN.

The original tweets are readily available. In them, the rumor spreaders said Jones would double whatever previous Kentucky recruits (like Fland) were offered by UK.

It was clear this didn't pertain to new offers to guys like Carr or Butler. The thought is silly. Some of our UK fans have been making it seem like Arkansas would offer anyone we're presently going after double the NIL, which is BS.

I'm actually surprised you didn't take a deeper look into the actual implications before you started this thread. By not having done your research, you actually helped facilitate some BS that is already spreading across BBN.

Lol. I'm actually surprised 2 out of thousands of people on this board understand this thread for what it is. But I guess I shouldn't be. No one reads anything anymore. It's hilarious and sad at the same time. I didn't "help facilitate" anything you nutter. Lmao

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT