ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave the states every other year for Thanksgiving and it's great. Try to travel that week every year. Nothing for Thanksgiving in town.

Worship Ireland. Was commenting in the weather that time of year. So ggp, pti.

I mean, sure, BUT that’s kind of like me saying Pappy 20yr FTW. I was only talking blantons product.

I like WLW, but I’d rather have the $700 it sells for.

FYI, to motivate BBdK to get is OWA from my collection I offered the rest of my sample of that William Weller and he still will not come get his bet winnings.

Oh well, my 12 yr Batch 2 barrels were just received at the distillery. I hope like hell my 4 yr barrels will be there next Saturday too, for some GYERO critique on my plan.

In other words, they haven’t averaged 9 or 10 wins a year.

Got it.
Well, yes they have. 8.5 rounds up to 9 and over half of their post NC seasons have ended with 9 or more wins. Not sure what other metric you want to use besides mean and mode to determine average.

Maybe GGP and learn math?

Last edited:

* Haven't seen KSR's Arkansas breakdown yet, but they're batting 1.000 with describing opposing defenses as "bend-but-dont-break" so far this season, which is a complete horseshit, nonsensical cliche. I'm assuming the Razorbacks have a similar D?

The Hogs currently rank 14th in the SEC in red zone touchdown rate, 11th in scoring defense, 12th in passer rating, and 12th in third down efficiency. Arkansas has been able to rush the passer and force some turnovers, but this old school 4-3 scheme has been a bend-but-don’t-break unit despite having a couple seniors in the front seven who will be draft picks.

UT started their downfall when they ran out the Colquitt boys. Every year they had a Collquitt on their roster, they where good.

"Bend but don't break" = "Let's hope the opposing offense f***s up"

image_handler.aspx

The Hogs currently rank 14th in the SEC in red zone touchdown rate, 11th in scoring defense, 12th in passer rating, and 12th in third down efficiency. Arkansas has been able to rush the passer and force some turnovers, but this old school 4-3 scheme has been a bend-but-don’t-break unit despite having a couple seniors in the front seven who will be draft picks.

:joy:

Are they doing this as a joke or something?

I mean, sure, BUT that’s kind of like me saying Pappy 20yr FTW. I was only talking blantons product.

I like WLW, but I’d rather have the $700 it sells for.

Blanton’s SFTB is prolly just as much of a unicorn as WLW. Regular Blanton’s is $200 if you can find it.

Regardless, in NY I can’t afford to be this picky.

my buddy unleashed WLW, Pappy 23 and others last week and I thought WLW was complex and delicious.

Reactions: wcc31 and WynnDuffy
Any of the Antique Collections, and particularly the WLW, are so much more interesting than any of the Van Winkles, save the 15YO 107. Even when they were still Stitzel Weller, the 20 and 23YO were fairly one dimensional oak bombs (though very good oak bombs - don’t get me wrong).

Those prices are comical in and of themselves, but to see 10YO Old Rip at $100 over Stagg. o_O

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Kooky any time you want some Blantons SFTB let me know. $180 all/air shipped to your office or front door.

I agree about the Pappy and was really just making a point.

SAE enjoy your Miller Lites.

Reactions: jameslee32
Any of the Antique Collections, and particularly the WLW, are so much more interesting than any of the Van Winkles, save the 15YO 107. Even when they were still Stitzel Weller, the 20 and 23YO were fairly one dimensional oak bombs (though very good oak bombs - don’t get me wrong).

Those prices are comical in and of themselves, but to see 10YO Old Rip at $100 over Stagg. o_O
Yes. Spot on. The Pappy 23 was gloriously balanced, but like driving a Bentley. WLW was a Pagani it was exotic & unique. Albeit, I’ve never driven either... but you get the point.

Supposedly, the antique Eagle Rare is the best of the collection.

Currenty working interesting bottles of HighWireSouthernRevival Jimmy Red Corn, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, BOP5. All terrific and completely different.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
Yes. Spot on. The Pappy 23 was gloriously balanced, but like driving a Bentley. WLW was a Pagani it was exotic & unique. Albeit, I’ve never driven either... but you get the point.

Supposedly, the antique Eagle Rare is the best of the collection.

Currenty working interesting bottles of HighWireSouthernRevival Jimmy Red Corn, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, BOP5. All terrific and completely different.

The Elijah Craig Barrel Proof is just so, so good. Kind of nuts it is relatively available and affordable. If that same whiskey was slapped in a tall, slim Buffalo Trace bottle, it would be right there in that untouchable rack in your photo.

^ Handy is so delicious. When I could still find it, I used it for Old Fashioneds and Sazeracs, and they were some of the best drinks I’ve ever made. Stood on its own neat phenomenally too, of course.

Goddamn I like whiskey.

/drunk

Elijah Craig 23 is one of my personal favorites. Picked up a Stagg for celebration of another trip around the sun. Blanton’s has always been a staple, but the SFTB is on roids.

Eagle Rare 23 is a special treat.

Reactions: jameslee32
Well since everyone is posting their favorites, to this point I’d say Bookers 30th, Stagg(‘17 especially), and Weller Full Proof have been mine.

I liked the WLW, but to say it’s one of my favorites would be a stretch.

I just got a Kentucky Owl and Barrel Craft 15 year and I’ve read and heard several people say these could fall in line with what are currently my top pours.

I really like my SFTB hook up, and he seemingly NEVER runs out. I’ve seen his receipts where he pays $125 a bottle so his markup isn’t that bad at 180.

No love for the Handy? That shit is amazing and complex AF. I'd take that over the WLW or Eagle Rare.

JMO.

Handy rye is the best whiskey I've ever had. Period.
Parker's Heritage 2011 was finished in cognac barrels and is amazing. Probably need to try the one finished in the orange curacao barrels last year.
Pappy 15 or 20 >>> Pappy 23. I go back and forth between the 15 and 20 as my favorite of the two.

Reactions: WynnDuffy and wcc31
- The way a few people conduct themselves in airports and then on the plane baffle me. I'm not sure how you missed all those events that basically tell you that not only are you not special but someone just saw a graphic of your Christian parts in another room. But when you get to that line, just pretend like you don't see the other 700 people or my personal fave, try to sprint the aisle deplaning.

- Wife took me to see Chris Stapleton last night. He said he was a little sick and still murdered. Never been a Country music guy but maybe I ought to reconsider. Not too bad with the :eyes: candy either.

- Pretty certain you guys have beat the NBA talk to death. Regardless, f every single thing about China and the spineless dorks from the NBA. We're better than making everything about money but we still fall into that trap time and time again.

- Finally got into podcasts and have been cherry-picking Rogan. Started the Dakota Meyer one night before last. Almost immediately Rogan talks about Dakota Meyer and Jocko. Jocko Podcast 115. Pretty new but I'd be shocked if there was a more intense and emotionally -charged 3 plus hour podcast created to date. While it goes without saying, the world needs more people like Dakota Meyer. If you don't know who Dakota is, he was in one of the worst fire fights in Afghanistan and as a 21 year old at the time, saved a lot of lives that day. Really what makes him more of a hero is that it nearly cost him his life with PTSD and he's come through it to tell his story and inspire people. Kentucky boy, too.

- Adopted a pup a few weeks ago. Mastiff/Black Lab but the runt. Traveled this week so seeing the little guy run up to me last night was awesome. Wanted him to sleep in the bed so talked the wife into that and 3 am I woke up shivering because the comforter, puppy and wife were gone. He yacked all over the place. Still, worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT