ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg predicts title game apperance for Arkansas within 3 years

I predict Cal has mojo for about the off season and realizes he has to coach again and realizes he couldve just retired collected a mil a year and gone out as UKs coach and eventually been loved again then he’ll realize hes made a huge mistake. Cal coaching in a real RED state will make him miserable.

Last edited:
I get trying to back your buddy, but this is fangirl territory. Funny enough, he’s putting even more pressure on Cal.

I predict Cal is done with coaching in three years, and leaves behind 4 programs that can’t stand him.

Cool.
Bluegrass79 aka Lpkilla7 predicts Kentucky wins the championship within 3 years with Scott Drew.
I also predict seth Greenberg can kiss my white ky arse.
Also predict you will see bluegrass 79 back in July after I come back from probation LOL. I might have said something about the Caliparian and got 6 months!!!

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
For one thing, Arkansas will be the hunter versus the hunted.
That can often make a huge difference, as we've see it when so many teams have played us.
Just a thought ...

Seth, Cal is not going to sleep with you so stop simping.
R.2aab22249f576d2d172065a5c40c9ca7

I don’t even care if they do get to the title game (spoiler: they won’t). Because it won’t change the fact that Cal was mailing it in here. That’s a fact Seth. If he is able to reach his previous level of success, it will just make it all the more glaring that he flat laid down on the job at Kentucky while being paid nine million dollars a year, which is pathetic and shameful. But that’s Cal.

Cal can’t get UK past the first weekend but will take arky to the final four almost immediately? Question to Greenberg is why can he do it at Arkansas but not UK? We are on a 10 year FF drought and a 5 year 2nd weekend drought. Don’t just spout nonsense, back up your thoughts with reasoning.

Cal's going to need some good X and Os minded assistants and they will need to be young as he has burned some bridges. Can he humble himself enough to listen will be the real question. Has he learned enough from this experience or does he still not recognize his own flaws.

Not my problem anymore.

If there is a high school senior class that is exceptionally good, maybe a lot better than the last several years, he would have a shot. He would probably get three or four of the top 10….you never know if there’s a player like a Davis in there

Hes going to do very well. Hes going to buy the best portal players and have older rosters. I do believe he will make another Final Four because he will combine old with new guys way better. Just my opinion.

Matt Jones made a good analogy.

Cal will change for the next wife; he wasn’t going to change for the first wife. He’s going to be driven to show us UK is the issue.

I’m not going to laugh at that cause I absolutely think it could happen. Arkansas was just in two Elite 8s in recent years. But he wasn’t going to do it here again so what does it matter?

I’ve got a prediction.

Year one. Number one recruiting class does ok. First round loss. Wait until next year.

Year two: Another number one recruiting class. Early exit. Wait until next year.

Year three: Number two recruiting class. Fails to make tournament.

Matt Jones made a good analogy.

Cal will change for the next wife; he wasn’t going to change for the first wife. He’s going to be driven to show us UK is the issue.

I’m not going to laugh at that cause I absolutely think it could happen. Arkansas was just in two Elite 8s in recent years. But he wasn’t going to do it here again so what does it matter?

That kind of change never lasts. You can hit the gym hard for a while and maybe even cut calories but eventually your personal human nature is gonna creep back in.

I don’t think they’ve invented coaching Ozempic yet.

It’s possible if Arkansas gets a motivated Calipari and not the version we got the past 5 years

Agree but we already know that's not what they're getting. We knew that soon as it was reported his current staff was going and he was adding brad.

If those prove true, and no reason to doubt, he's just furthering his parasite behavior of the last few years

Reactions: FiveStarCat
I told my friend that even if Arkansas somehow manages to win a National Championship in the next few years I still think it's a win for a Kentucky by him leaving. I think it's a win for Kentucky because he wasn't going to do that at Kentucky. It's been pretty obvious that ever since he got that huge payday he stopped caring about coaching and winning. So by him leaving now we can now have have at least a chance to start winning again. Instead of waiting after 3 years of mediocracy. This could also be a win for him because this might help him get his passion back and he might be more inclined to try to please his new fans and AD. This could be a win win for both parties. That's not to say that UK might not hit some bumps in the road though. Especially if we have to fall to a tier 2 or tier 3 coach. We could run into a bad hire of a HC before a good hire of a HC.

Cal will hurt Kentucky recruiting. He may get them all, but it opens the door for Duke or UNC to have better recruiting when the Cal/UK duo aren’t getting the lion share.
And, before I get quoted, “what has the top recruiting classes got for us?” or “you build through the portal now”, you win by getting talented players and developing those players over 2-3 seasons. Look at the UConn model, most of their roster is a mix of highly skilled players that have been developed into a team

Reactions: Fox2monk
The great thing about Cal winning or losing at Arkansas is the welcome fact that he is no longer here.

I could see Cal doing it simply out of spite, but then again, his tournament record without Robic on the staff says otherwise. If he finds someone to fill that role, maybe. But I think it'll be more of the same for him at Arkansas as to what we saw here over recent years. Highly touted, freshman heavy teams who struggle due to a poor X's and O's coach.

Cal will hurt Kentucky recruiting. He may get them all, but it opens the door for Duke or UNC to have better recruiting when the Cal/UK duo aren’t getting the lion share.
And, before I get quoted, “what has the top recruiting classes got for us?” or “you build through the portal now”, you win by getting talented players and developing those players over 2-3 seasons. Look at the UConn model, most of their roster is a mix of highly skilled players that have been developed into a team
I kind of get your point, but on the flip side it opens the door for UK to actually have guys stuck around 2-3 seasons. Under Cal, that hardly happened and that isn’t going change for him at Arkansas.

Reactions: BBNinSC
I dated a girl for awhile. We ended up breaking up. A few months later I ran into her and she had lost a few lbs, gotten a tan, highlighted her hair, looked great! She even got a new job. I was legit happy for her albeit curious as to why she didn't do that while with me. A couple of years later, I saw that she looked much worse than she ever did while with me. She had really let herself go.

Breakups are a hell of a motivator. But it's not sustained motivation and is temporary. You have to want to improve for yourself, not to try to prove a point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cal has a really nice first year or two at Arky. He'll be jaded and motivated to work. But it won't last, and by year 5 Arky fans will hate him too. And it certainly won't mean we should have stayed in our relationship.

Hes going to do very well. Hes going to buy the best portal players and have older rosters. I do believe he will make another Final Four because he will combine old with new guys way better. Just my opinion.
Guaranteed he goes there and adjusts exactly the way we asked him to do so here. He will probably run zone defense mixed in regularly as well. That’s just how Cal operates so we should almost expect it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT