ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer

Heard it's really good. I'd say it bodes well if you like their other offerings.

On the other hand, I could see this being a monstrosity:

alltech-207x300.jpg

10% ABV, though.

I bought a Stone 22 oz. 4-pack at Costco today with

Stone IPA
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous
Stone Russian Imperial Stout

The Sublimely Self-Righteous is a Black IPA and is probably the best beer I have ever had. I am drinking the Arrogant Bastard now and will have the Self-Righteous during the K-State game later tonight.

I've got some Founder's Red Rye PA. This may be my favorite beer ever, for now, until I find a new favorite.

Thanks for renewing this thread. I will archive the other upon return home. Finally tried Yuengling lager on tap at a hole-in-the-wall bar near New Smyrna Beach. Only costs $1.25 on tap. Meh, C grade.

Originally posted by buckethead1978:
Had a glass of Bells Two Hearted earlier this week.

Pretty tasty. I only have dark beers in the fridge at the moment.
That's a top 5 rated beer every year., love it.

Currently working on a 6 pack of Uinta Brewing's "Hop Nosh IPA". One of the best IPA's I've had. Solid A.

Took some visiting relatives on a whirlwind tour of Lexington today and stopped by Country Boy for a couple brews after the obligatory lunch at Willies Locally Known (so they could experience the blackberry habanero wings). Had two really solid brews there:

Heart of Dankness - really good beer. Imperial Black IPA @ 9% ABV per the menu. Loaded with hops but also smoky and chocolatey. My cousin called it "Hop Chocolate".

Alpha Experiment w/ Mosiac IPA - "experimental" brew, I guess, with Mosaic hops. Has a real fruity, citrusy aroma to it from the hops, nice bitterness, and very smooth. Highly drinkable.

They were installing new 60bbl tanks today too, which is never a bad thing when you make good beer, and they do.

Overheard the bartender saying they had a batch of Nacho Bait (Habanero Blonde) in process too. Love that one.

Fresh batch of Stone Enjoy By is now available in stores.

If you've never had it please try it - fantastic beer.

Coors golden Banquet beer in a old school bottle at the moment. Don't know why but it looked good. It's better than Budweiser. Had Sam Adams ale yesterday and it's WAY better than the lager!

Had a Founders Oatmeal Stout on tap at Mellow Mushroom earlier this evening w/ Richie and some folks.

Delicious, just like all their beers I've had.

Mellow Mushroom had about 30 taps, was impressed. 3 West 6th, both Left Hand's, Country Boy, and basically every other beer you'd want. Impressive.

Drinking Bells Oberon and Founders All Day IPA. Both are very solid for $10.99 a sixer. Wish I could get more Hopslam.

Originally posted by tammefan:

Drinking Bells Oberon and Founders All Day IPA. Both are very solid for $10.99 a sixer. Wish I could get more Hopslam.
Dunno if you are near Louisville or not, but there are at least two stores here that had it in stock as of yesterday:

Liquor World - corner of Hurstborne Lane and Bardstown Road had several six packs in their cooler.

Similar store (may also be Liquor World - never noticed the name) in the Cedar Springs Kroger shopping center on Bardstown Road at the Gene Snyder had at least two sixers as well.

Can't guarantee they are still there, but as of yesterday afternoon, both had some.

Try Founder's Double Trouble. It is similar to HopSlam, but available all year.

Originally posted by dgtatu01:

Good call. Double Trouble is a regular in my fridge. Guess ill get some Dogfish Head 90 since its easy to find.

Country Boy is much better than West Sixth imo. Everything Ive tried at Country Boy has been fantastic.

But I hate hoppy beers.

The Lemongrass Wheat is different than other fruity wheat beers. 30 lbs of lemongrass are steeped into each batch, giving it a balanced, bright (not sugary or sweet like a shandy) lemon flavor. Sorachi Ace hops are used to give a bright hop balance as well.

Will KY ever get Fat Tire? Big fan of New Belgium Brewing. Usually drink the crap out of it every year on vacation at Hilton Head.

Supposed to be very soon. Hopefully in a month or two. Saw an article about it a few months ago.
This post was edited on 3/24 9:41 PM by ATess1977

Fat Tire is good, but I would be excited for their Lips of Faith series. There are some good mfers in that line

Deviant Dale's IPA is one of my new favorites.

Had a growler from LB. I was happy when I found it in pint cans.

Just picked up a six pack of Sweetwater Happy Ending. 9% Imperial Stout. One of their more limited offerings I heard. Will save it for pregame.

Running out of 'new' IPA options at my little beer store, so went with Deshutes Inversion IPA...a $1 less than most of the other offerings.

I love it...I'm in a pretty great mood overall right now, so am I overhyping it based on that? Seems great to me.

^^^ You're not the first person I've heard that said that was good. Been meaning to pick up a six pack of it.

Originally posted by dgtatu01:

I wish...

2014-Availability-Calendar-920x710.jpg

How accurate is that chart though? It's damn near April, and you can get Breakfast Stout at any decent beer store around here...chart says it stops in December (4 months ago)

Inversion IPA is great. I think I like their Chasin' Freshies IPA better, but it is superb. Deschutes is one of the best breweries out there. If you get the chance, buy Conflux #1 from them. Maybe the best beer I've ever had

@Willy: Yo, brother, what was that smoked stuff we drank last Monday at Redlight Redlight in Orlando? That was some good brew. Usually I attempt to meticulously document brews, but life has been a blur over the past few weeks. Thanks.

This post was edited on 3/28 6:44 AM by AustinTXCat

Don't know what it was this year, but I've not enjoyed Hopslam as much. My beer tastes are always changing though. I used to love that Left Hand Sawtooth and the Southern Tier 2X IPA, but last time I had them I didn't like them as much.

Anyone ever had the Lagunitas Undercover Invistigation Shut-Down before? I hadn't even heard of it before, but saw down in GA today and grabbed a six-pack.

I hate TN laws that require anything over a certain ABV% to be sold in liquor stores. As a result our craft beer selections are somewhat limited. Bells doesn't even distribute here and neither do a few other common craft breweries. You can still get high gravity stuff at restaurants, but they can't sell it at grocery stores. You also can't get "regular" beer at a liquor store. All that is supposed to be changing soon, but it's a pain in the ass right now.

Picked up a sixer of Lagunitas Brown Shugga. A very high rated beer., %9.99 abv. This is my first barley wine style beer, don't care much for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT