ADVERTISEMENT

GO TO RUPP ARENA!

TheBlueMax

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Kentucky
If you're 67 like I am, you'll likely appreciate what I am about to recommend.

I was a student at UK from 74-78, and that afforded me the chance to compare seeing games at Memorial with those at Rupp. I saw every game as a student, and was present when students got great seats in Section 31 for the first-ever game in Rupp versus Wisconsin (1976, a 72-64 win)

Long story short, I attended last night's volleyball game...the first time in Rupp in several years. I was completely floored with the extremely impressive updates. How it looks now is amazing. I can't wait to attend my next game there (working tonight at UK). Go tonight if you can--get off the couch and go get yourself a ticket.

It was so loud that first night ever, but it was arguably some of the worst looking 1970's architecture, and the color scheme was awful. Transformations over the years have made things much better (we did not have ice cream that first few years!).

My oh my, have things changed. From outside to in, it looks like the basketball palace it should be. I look forward to going again soon, and this is a great time for any of you--especially those who have never seen UK play in Rupp--to see them in person. What an absolute pantheon it is today compared to that very first night. I do highly recommend that you use these early-game opportunities to see the greatest program in the history of college basketball perform on their most amazing home stage.

GO BIG BLUE!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT