ADVERTISEMENT

Global Climate Changes

The US just increased its child tax credit, which tells me that there's at least SOME concern on declining birth rates, which yes, will be a big problem for any society to keep growing and progressing.

I’m getting it priced out.

I’ve spent big money on an EV and I haven’t bought gas at a station in 3 years.
Thought you had it all priced out. You’ve lectured people here on how affordable it is. Why don’t you have it yet? Also if this is a true crises, is price really a consideration? After all you people want people who make 50k a year to buy a $60k EV…

I’m doing my part, just bought a brand new truck that has gotten about 14 mpg so far. Love it…

Thought you had it all priced out. You’ve lectured people here on how affordable it is. Why don’t you have it yet? Also if this is a true crises, is price really a consideration? After all you people want people who make 50k a year to buy a $60k EV…

I’m doing my part, just bought a brand new truck that has gotten about 14 mpg so far. Love it…
Lectured? Rogue mocha asked me the cost to go off grid and I spelled it out for him.

EV pricing is coming way down. I’m hearing it’s cheaper to buy the EV is many cases

The US just increased its child tax credit, which tells me that there's at least SOME concern on declining birth rates, which yes, will be a big problem for any society to keep growing and progressing.
It may not be climate change or over-population, but since 99.9% of known species are extinct, mankind will probably become extinct, too, it seems … just a few links that talk about the potential … there are many more …

• Haha
Reactions: warrior-cat
Love the overpopulation crowd. What are YOU doing to solve the issue? See any good bridges lately?
The same crowd that wants us to keep letting illegals, terrorist, and invaders into our southern borders? Yeah, to them we are only overpopulated by hard working, morally conservative taxpaying Americans. There are not enough of the lazy fiscally irresponsible people who will live off of the government giving up their freedoms for the free stuff they have been promised.

The same crowd that wants us to keep letting illegals, terrorist, and invaders into our southern borders? Yeah, to them we are only overpopulated by hard working, morally conservative taxpaying Americans. There are not enough of the lazy fiscally irresponsible people who will live off of the government giving up their freedoms for the free stuff they have been promised.
The U.S. is not over-populated, along with many other Western nations. It may well be that the planet soon will be …

Well, that would be incorrect, so carry on.
Remember when the record industry was moving from vinyl to CDs (perhaps, you do not ;) ), it raised the price of vinyl artificially so that the purchase of CDs was comparable. Will the price of EVs come down or will the price of gas powered vehicles keep rising to make the two more in align?

I will cook with gas and drive gas today and won’t feel bad about it in the least. Have a great day!

• 10. 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5—$42,785
  • 9. Hyundai Ioniq 6—$42,715
  • 8. 2023 Kia Niro EV—$40,875
  • 7. 2023 Volkswagen ID.4—$40,290
  • 6. 2023 Mazda MX-30—$35,385
  • 5. 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric—$34,885
  • 4. 2023 Mini Cooper SE Hardtop—$30,895
  • 3. 2023 Nissan Leaf—$29,135
  • 2. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV—$28,795
  • 1. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EV—$27,495

Here are the 10 cheapest EVs according to car and driver.

Last week, a friend of mine said he was a buying a new Mercedes SUV for his wife and they took a hard look at the EV, because it was a lot cheaper than the ICE SUV. Apparently, they were willing to come off 24,000 on the EV SUV. Conversely, they had to pay well over sticker for the ICE equivalent. The EV suv was way cheaper in this case. The wife wouldn’t test drive the EV and decided to pay 30,000 ish more for the ICE SUV.

When temps are below 0, EV owners need to precondition their battery to accept a charge.

Or charge in your garage and not in uncovered charging station in the coldest city in the country

Let’s not act like ICEs didn’t blow 1,000 gaskets yesterday

When temps are below 0, EV owners need to precondition their battery to accept a charge.

Or charge in your garage and not in uncovered charging station in the coldest city in the country

Let’s not act like ICEs didn’t blow 1,000 gaskets yesterday
I think we need more carbon emissions to battle the effects of this arctic air. My kids school was cancelled today due to low temps. Sounds like a climate crises to me!

I think we need more carbon emissions to battle the effects of this arctic air. My kids school was cancelled today due to low temps. Sounds like a climate crises to me!
For sure! All my solar panel lectures must of had a larger effect than I realized

The U.S. is not over-populated, along with many other Western nations. It may well be that the planet soon will be …
That depends on how you look at it and who is looking at it. When a city is overtaxed (can't handle the amount of people financially), it is considered by many to be overpopulated. Now, I know you and many others think we can and should pay more taxes and bring in a lot more people, but no one yet has answered my question posed a couple of years ago as to how many is it before it is too many? What's the number? We just can't open the borders and go willy nilly without a plan of where to stop or what would be a controlled number each year so as to not burden the American worker.

• 10. 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5—$42,785
  • 9. Hyundai Ioniq 6—$42,715
  • 8. 2023 Kia Niro EV—$40,875
  • 7. 2023 Volkswagen ID.4—$40,290
  • 6. 2023 Mazda MX-30—$35,385
  • 5. 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric—$34,885
  • 4. 2023 Mini Cooper SE Hardtop—$30,895
  • 3. 2023 Nissan Leaf—$29,135
  • 2. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV—$28,795
  • 1. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EV—$27,495

Here are the 10 cheapest EVs according to car and driver.

Last week, a friend of mine said he was a buying a new Mercedes SUV for his wife and they took a hard look at the EV, because it was a lot cheaper than the ICE SUV. Apparently, they were willing to come off 24,000 on the EV SUV. Conversely, they had to pay well over sticker for the ICE equivalent. The EV suv was way cheaper in this case. The wife wouldn’t test drive the EV and decided to pay 30,000 ish more for the ICE SUV.
Not after replacing batteries in the long term.

Reactions: sefus12
Iowa experiencing record low temps last few days. Global warming my ass.

Iowa experiencing record low temps last few days. Global warming my ass.
Come on man, global warming is actually the cause of the record cold. Keep up…

The sad thing is these alarmists say this with a straight face. They also look down on us peons and believe to their core we just aren’t smart enough to understand.

Clown world…

Unfortunately iirc it's only in developed nations. Third world countries are ploughing along as normal.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Arizona got hit with cold this week, if we are checking.

Record lows for Vegas last month

Some models have the climate cooling over the next 2 decades. Could this be proof?!?!

😉
Again this week, areas of the United States experiencing record lows. Two years in a row. People are dying. -19 in Denver!!

It is my understanding that it’s not really under debate that the earth is warming, it is. This is to be expected as we are recently (in the grand scheme of things) coming out of an ice age. What is being debated (I guess) is whether or not human beings are unnaturally speeding up the warming. Deeper into that what is being argued over is whether or not political policy in the United States will have a significant impact.

It is my understanding that it’s not really under debate that the earth is warming, it is. This is to be expected as we are recently (in the grand scheme of things) coming out of an ice age. What is being debated (I guess) is whether or not human beings are unnaturally speeding up the warming. Deeper into that what is being argued over is whether or not political policy in the United States will have a significant impact.
I would add: is warming a threat, let alone an existential threat?

The debate is whether the warming is caused by man, which alarmists argue it is. They truly believe ending fossil fuels etc will stop warming immediately, which is a fallacy.

I’m not against green energy at all, but I’m also never going to support the destruction of our infrastructure to achieve it. It also magically gives one party insane political power, which is interesting to say the least…

It needs to be done over time and as technology allows, which is simply not the case today.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
The debate is whether the warming is caused by man, which alarmists argue it is. They truly believe ending fossil fuels etc will stop warming immediately, which is a fallacy.

I’m not against green energy at all, but I’m also never going to support the destruction of our infrastructure to achieve it. It also magically gives one party insane political power, which is interesting to say the least…

It needs to be done over time and as technology allows, which is simply not the case today.

No it’s whether or not we’re speeding up the warming, which is an important distinction. That’s my understanding anyway.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
I would think for certain parts of the world it would be, yes. I would say Kentucky is a pretty good spot geographically that wouldn’t be hurt as much as other places.
Is this the sort of thing you submit to speculation?

This is a scientific debatable issue, not about Kentucky, but as a whole.

Additionally, there are many positives to warming. Many of those positives impact places and cultures not named Kentucky.

Is this the sort of thing you submit to speculation?

What? I’m just shooting the shit casually talking, I haven’t looked into and don’t really care that much about it tbh. I dont try and use too much mental resources on things I have almost no control over. Are you saying you’ve passionately studied it? If so go ahead and let me know the real truth, as I actually would be interested.

Also there was this program called the history of earth on Netflix (I think that’s what it was called). I thought it was absolutely fantastic, had me hooked. Would highly recommend a watch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT