ADVERTISEMENT

Givony has updated his draft picks............

Congratulations.
Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Reed #3 to the Rockets and Rob #4 to the Spurs. For those Arkansas fans lurking around just a reminder that Cal can take top talent and still lose.
i saw where CBS updated their draft mock after yesterday, Reed to the Wizards and Rob to Utah. Dinged Rob a bit for his listed v/s actual height.

Would love for Reed to go to my Rockets. But still think I'd rather have Dilly.

Houston doesn't have a lot of experience or veteran presence outside of FVV and Brooks, the latter I'm not even sure will be in the league much longer. I'm not sure that's the best fit for someone like Reed.

This is considered a weak draft and no clear cut favorite to go #1 like Wembanyama last year. 4/5 kids could be taken.

Also, how is Olivier Sarr's brother the projected #1 pick when he averaged 9 points and 4 rebounds for a team in Australia. Is the draft just that weak this year?

If he did not start, that could be 3 of the top 5 picks who did not start at a level lower than the NBA.

i saw where CBS updated their draft mock after yesterday, Reed to the Wizards and Rob to Utah. Dinged Rob a bit for his listed v/s actual height.

Rob measuring 6'1 without shoes vs listed at 6'3 at UK in shoes is the dumbest thing ever. 6'1 barefoot means 6'2 or more in shoes. They're going to drop a guy that dynamic over an inch?

If it was someone listed as a 6'10 center who's really 6'7, then sure I get it. Robs calling card has never been his size.

Rob measuring 6'1 without shoes vs listed at 6'3 at UK in shoes is the dumbest thing ever. 6'1 barefoot means 6'2 or more in shoes. They're going to drop a guy that dynamic over an inch?

If it was someone listed as a 6'10 center who's really 6'7, then sure I get it. Robs calling card has never been his size.
I believe it was that and his weight. I think it is stupid also, kind of like what a OL or DL runs the 40 in. 40 yard dash is the most overrated tool used to determine a football players ability. Even at WR and RB. Long list of Hall Of Famers who didn't run a 4.3-4.4. Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith just off the top of my head. Smith ran a 4.58 Jerry Rice a 4.71.

Chad Johnson 4.57
Antonio Brown 4.58
Frank Gore 4.58
Larry Fitzgerald 4.63
Chris Carter 4.63
Anquan Boldin 4.71

Last edited:
Do not want to see Reed go to the Rockets. They have ball hogging guards galore. And very young which may hurt him not having veterans to mentor him. Well unless you consider Dillon Brooks a mentor, lol. They are a very talented young group and just a couple really good vets from taking the next step, but hope he doesn't go there.

My wife and I argue over this all the time.

Top 10 draft picks and thoughts on Reed and Rob going there :
1. Atlanta - No
2. Washington - No (CBS has Reed going there)
3. Houston - No reason above
4. San Antonio - If Reed is still on the board, be a nice spot for either.
5. Detroit - Hell No
6. Charlotte - Meh
7. Portland - No
8. San Antonio - Would it be wild if Reed goes 4th / Rob 8th to the Spurs ? Keldon is probably gone, but I could get behind a all UK Lotto draft.
9. Memphis - Be fun with Ja
10. Jazz - NO (CBS has Rob slotted here)

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Also, how is Olivier Sarr's brother the projected #1 pick when he averaged 9 points and 4 rebounds for a team in Australia. Is the draft just that weak this year?
It’s a weak draft and Sarr isn’t seen by most scouts as anything remotely equivalent to some of the more recent top picks. Also, he’s playing in the ABL, which is a full fledged professional league, so while those numbers aren’t eye popping, they aren’t seen as a big disappointment when he’s doing that as a teenager against much older and more experienced professionals.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Imo people are underselling rob big time. He's a top 5 pick in most drafts. Rare combo of insane athleticism, playmaking, shot making, and shooting. You just don't find that every day.

Reed would be lottery in most years. 42 inch vert. Great decision maker. Defensive playmaker. Elite shooter. People are really selling him short draft wise.

Imo people are underselling rob big time. He's a top 5 pick in most drafts. Rare combo of insane athleticism, playmaking, shot making, and shooting. You just don't find that every day.

Reed would be lottery in most years. 42 inch vert. Great decision maker. Defensive playmaker. Elite shooter. People are really selling him short draft wise.
How can top 5 picks be under sold ? I think you do not understand underselling. What do you expect scouts to say "they should go 1/2 in the draft ? LOL. Underselling would be saying "he has top 5 talent, but I see him going 15th or so." Nobody has them out of the top 10.

I think I saw that Reed was only 6' 1 3/4" without shoes. This seems to be the norm for all college players. All seem to be listed 1 to 2 inches taller in college and high school.

Reactions: Fox2monk

I think the 165 is the bigger hitch but I'd guess it is just a ding and should not hurt him too badly.

Reactions: Fox2monk
How can top 5 picks be under sold ? I think you do not understand underselling. What do you expect scouts to say "they should go 1/2 in the draft ? LOL. Underselling would be saying "he has top 5 talent, but I see him going 15th or so." Nobody has them out of the top 10.
The scouts aren't underselling Sheppard; it's some UK fans that don't think he's a top five talent. IMO, the ones who don't think he's a top 5 talent likely don't watch the NBA and are probably wrong a lot about NBA things.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Weakest thing I’ve seen was the mind of the head coach.

The scouts aren't underselling Sheppard; it's some UK fans that don't think he's a top five talent. IMO, the ones who don't think he's a top 5 talent likely don't watch the NBA and are probably wrong a lot about NBA things.
Bargaining stage stuff to no small degree.

Reactions: ukfan1622

It is pretty straightforward.

Many posters are saying they're only going high because the draft is weak. Not true. Rob is too 5 most years. Reed is lottery most years

Reactions: rob_47 and Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT