ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW, Clemson lost to UofL

As exhibit A on how random college basketball is, Clemson, playing for a spot in the final four, lost to Louisville of all teams.

Goes to show that anything can happen.
Lost by 21 to Boston College in the ACC Tournament less than 3 weeks ago. Never saw this coming.

Lost by 21 to Boston College in the ACC Tournament less than 3 weeks ago. Never saw this coming.

That BC game was the one game that doesn’t make much sense to me as I felt Clemson would make a run in the ACC tournament. But there is also the weight of history. Clemson has never won an ACC Championship. They are the ACC’s traditional worst program in Basketball. Every conference has one. For you folks in the SEC I would think it’s probably Vanderbilt.

The Tigers lost three 1 point games to Duke, Virginia and NC State. They also did something that they have only done twice in their entire history, which is to win in Chapel Hill. They are a bruising physical team that can control tempo. Hall is one of the best players in America that people don’t know about. They have a very nice mix of good and experienced role guys. Sometimes it takes a while for a team to finally get their footing and figure it out. They underachieved in the regular season and I think it’s just counter balancing now. I’m not shocked that they are in the elite eight.

The weight of history goes out the window tomorrow though since there will be a first time Final Four participant from the West region.

Reactions: Haggin_Hall_1983
It’s one thing to lose, but losing by that much is a head scratcher.

Agree, but it was just one of those games. Clemson only had two guys in double figures and BC had four. Harris and Zackery for BC were a combined 18-of-34 shooting and made nine 3-pointers. Clemson only had four three-pointers for the entire game! That was also BC’s 4th straight win so they had a little “Uncle Mo” going for them at that time.

Believe they started out 9-0 this year with wins over both Bama and South Carolina.
It's the same story most years for Clemson. They start the season very well, beating up on mid majors and maybe get one or two power conference victories that look good and their fanbase says how great Brownell is. Then once ACC play starts they start to falter and they're all calling for the guy's head and say it's just another year where their team was fool's gold.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Believe they started out 9-0 this year with wins over both Bama and South Carolina.
Yeah everyone knew Clemson was good this year. They like everyone outside Purdue and UConn had a couple head scratchers this year. Parity is greater than ever. That said, we should be doing very well in this but we aren’t.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT