Happy as a nun in a cucumber patch

Dumb as a day old possum

Wilder thanks a peach orchard sow.

Tore up like a train wreck.

Serious as a heart attack.

Sweating like a whore in confession.

More windy than a bag full of assholes.

That'll make your sticker peck out.

I'm 86 years old and say things that drive my kids and grandkids crazy, but most of it I learned from my dear mom and dad.
Mom
1. Someone that complains about everything: They'd be mad if they were hung with a gold rope.
2. Someone that is always in other's business: They're afraid someone will fart and they won't get to smell it.
3. When you didn't to as told: I've told you 30 eleven times to do that.

Now my Dad
1. Want in one hand and shit in the other and tell me which one gets full first.
2. On a beautiful day: If the weather was like this year round, we couldn't afford to live here.
3. Someone says "are you shitting me": I wouldn't shit you, you're my favorite turd.

Finally, they both called what we would now probably refer to as a punk little kid as "shit asses".

Anyone else have any?
My dad might as well have been yours.

Lazy person: he hasn't struck a lick at a snake in a 'coons age.

Dad: He's about as pleasant as pleurisy.

Dad: ( phony) He's a stuffed shirt.

Playing the if game: well, if my aunt had balls, she'd have been my uncle.

How hot is it: hotter than my granny's cooter on her wedding night (not my parents, but a friend of mine's).
My dad would call those people "blow asses" or he would say "all hat, no cattle" or "born on third base and act like they hit a triple."

My dad is full of these sayings,

Harder than Japanese arithmetic.

He's so dumb he couldn't pour piss out of a boot if you told him the instructions were written on the heel.

Stiffer than a preachers dick in a calves ass.

I wouldn't pay that much to see a piss ant eat a bale of hay.

That could puke a maggot off a gut wagon.

She's so ugly she could make a freight train take a dirt road.
If my dog looked like her I'd shave its ass and teach it to walk backwards.

• Haha
Reactions: Lamar Card
The reason I dug this old thread up is because someone was bitching about the way UK won tonight and someone said "I bet you hate orgasms." I'd never heard that and think it is hysterical. Good way to say "nothing makes you happy."

Reactions: Hank Camacho
Not a parent but one of my brothers after hearing a neighbor start an old truck on a cold morning. "Sounds like 500 cats eating fat meat."

"too windy to haul rocks"

an event that didn't have many people (for example the famous UK football game that marked Joker's exit) "ain't enough people to start a fight"

Useless as tits on a bull

Anyone else grow up calling a paper sack a "poke"?

I've seen "haint" mentioned a few times, he definitely said that, in a literal sense it was a spirit/ghost, but also used to describe an uncomely woman or a woman who was aggravating "aw don't pay her no mind, she's just an ol' haint"

That's just a bunch of "kyarn"

"dreckly" as an unspecified unit of time for later. "They're coming over dreckly", "I'll see you dreckly" etc

Great thread, glad to have seen it, brought some great memories up

Reactions: BCD
My Dad used to say about someone being lazy or not paying attention. "He's got his thumb up his ass and his mind in Arkansas" If it was directed at me, it would be simplified to "git yer thumb out yer ass, melon head"

Not my mom or dad, he passed when I was little but my uncles and mom raised me and this one guy that sold catfish they didn’t like, my uncles would say he’s tighter than a frogs **** and it’s waterproof 😂🍺

Reactions: cat_chaser
Recently was "here while back".

Years ago was "way back yander".

The Depression was called "back in hard times".

The Devil was the "booger man". (The booger man is going to git you.")

A man who wouldn't work was "sorry as kyarn".

Reactions: JumperJack
nervous as a whore in church. That went over like a fart in church. Or that went over like a turd in the punch bowl. That is as screwed up as a football bat or a soup sandwich.

These are all funny.

Laid up like a hair in a biscuit- if something was really stuck.

Ask him what time it is and he’d tell you how to build a clock- describing a long winded fellow.

Fast time and slow time.

Calling their dads daddy even when their dads were in their 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s.

I’ve foundered- I’ve eaten way too much and I want to die.

“if hit had been a snake hit’d a bit you”

Bless his/her heart- (it was a long time before I understood this.)

Every crow thinks theirs is the blackest- a parent blinded by love.

Not having any “truck” with somebody- this must be truly archaic. I heard my grandma say this all her life. Not having any business with somebody.

To spark- to flirt. Also, courting. “You going a -courting”? in a teasing way.

The more I think of this I realize that a lot has been lost.

Laid up like a hair in a biscuit- if something was really stuck.

Ask him what time it is and he’d tell you how to build a clock- describing a long winded fellow.

Fast time and slow time.

Calling their dads daddy even when their dads were in their 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s.

I’ve foundered- I’ve eaten way too much and I want to die.

“if hit had been a snake hit’d a bit you”

Bless his/her heart- (it was a long time before I understood this.)

Every crow thinks theirs is the blackest- a parent blinded by love.

Not having any “truck” with somebody- this must be truly archaic. I heard my grandma say this all her life. Not having any business with somebody.

To spark- to flirt. Also, courting. “You going a -courting”? in a teasing way.

The more I think of this I realize that a lot has been lost.
I called my father "Daddy" on his death bed. I was 57 years old. It's a country thing I guess. My kids stopped calling me daddy when they were teenagers and we moved to the city and their friends made fun of them. But the entire time I lived in Western Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky they called me that.

Another interesting one is that as the oldest son, my mother and father called me "Sonny" until they died. Every oldest son in the country where I grew up was called Sonny at home. The oldest daughters were called Sissy.

Dad yelled "Hey!" when I was half dozing in the car scaring the hell out of me whenever we passed a truck loaded with hay. Not often, but enough that I've never forgot. Can't remember the last time I saw such a truck.

Good thread - Have a great Thanksgiving BBB ..
anyway Dad had a comment when I started dating a kinda thick girl back in the 8th grade - said she was a “ tape and chalker” I was confused and he explained “ if you went to measure her you would have to go half way around and chalk it off , then measure the other half “ .. lol
Funny thread and does bring back good memories

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT