ADVERTISEMENT

From a Hog/SEC/ basketball fan.

Will someone please tell me why I just read this thread?
I liked JunkyardHawg and @ThreeHogNight
So surely the OP isn’t representative of fan base?
Thanks. I'm Junkyardhawg.I was banned awhile back for a week and i don't know why are why it wasn't lifted. It's been well over a year. If you know of a MOD i can email, please let me know but i'm cool being HamuelLJackson as well

Reactions: Bkocats
Thanks. I'm Junkyardhawg.I was banned awhile back for a week and i don't know why are why it wasn't lifted. It's been well over a year. If you know of a MOD i can email, please let me know but i'm cool being HamuelLJackson as well
Hate that for you
I happen to know a couple of mods read this so maybe one can look into it for you

At any rate. Always happy to talk basketball with you

Reactions: HamuelLJackson
Hate that for you
I happen to know a couple of mods read this so maybe one can look into it for you

At any rate. Always happy to talk basketball with you
Good deal.. I've continued to read a lot over the last year or so. I'll be active this year. I coach Girls HS Softball in Louisville so as soon as season is over, i'll chat ya up. I've posted over here for the last two decades. Is Notelvis still around? Deplion?

Good deal.. I've continued to read a lot over the last year or so. I'll be active this year. I coach Girls HS Softball in Louisville so as soon as season is over, i'll chat ya up. I've posted over here for the last two decades. Is Notelvis still around? Deplion?
lol have fun with that. Be glad to catch up after the season
Haven’t seen motel is in a while ..I think Deplion still lurks

Hey, I appreciate the kindness and attempt at decorum, and the apology for the idiots who have inundated the board with nonsense tonight. I do have a suspicion, however, that you're either the very poster who created about a dozen screen names to flame UK fans here tonight or one of their pals. I'm sure we could look at IP addresses to confirm that first option (if I'm right)

As for the supposed rivalry between UK and Arkansas, there never really has been much of one. There was a bit of one back in the mid-90s when both of our teams were very good and the best in the SEC. But since then it's been back to very little rivalry because Arkansas hasn't been good enough most of the time. I'm sure Calipari's presence in Arkansas will make the games next season especially intense. Maybe we'll have a short-lived rivalry for a few years. Who knows?

Calipari is exactly like a used car salesman in multiple ways. He has a gimmick he uses to bring in recruits. It goes like this: bring in top 30 freshmen, promise them starts and minutes, get them lots of attention and NBA scouting, get them to work on their NBA game to make them most appealing, recruit next season's crop of freshmen over the current team, push the guys to be one and done, send them away to transfer if they aren't good enough to be drafted, rinse and repeat. He sees player "success" (i.e. making the NBA) as a higher priority than program or team wins. You'll see it eventually even if you turn a blind eye to it right now.

His spin on this is that he's a "players first coach and program." Arkansas fans will love the talent initially and expectations will soar, but when Cal can't produce wins at crunch time of the season, eyes will be opened.

Calipari can't coach from the bench very well. If his initial game plan isn't working, his team will struggle. He plays man to man, exclusively, regardless of how a game is going and regardless of whether his team is struggling to stay in front. He's stubborn. He hates criticism. Claims he's above it and ignores it, but he soaks it in and wears it, and will likely bring it up after a big win in a very cringe way. He downplays the SEC tournament, so don't expect much there. If something doesn't dramatically change for Cal with this move to Arkansas, he will be forced to retire in the next 5 years.

I was all in with Calipari when he came on board. His first 6 seasons were some of UK's best ever. I ignored much of the "players first" talk and even the bragging about the NBA draft being the biggest day in UK's history. But something changed after that 2014-15 team lost to Wisconsin, robbing him of a perfect season. And then the lifetime contract changed him again, followed closely by the Covid fallout. He's not been the same. I'd likely still be ignoring his flaws if he was still winning\Great post! I have one clear example of what many in this threthread

Hey, I appreciate the kindness and attempt at decorum, and the apology for the idiots who have inundated the board with nonsense tonight. I do have a suspicion, however, that you're either the very poster who created about a dozen screen names to flame UK fans here tonight or one of their pals. I'm sure we could look at IP addresses to confirm that first option (if I'm right)

As for the supposed rivalry between UK and Arkansas, there never really has been much of one. There was a bit of one back in the mid-90s when both of our teams were very good and the best in the SEC. But since then it's been back to very little rivalry because Arkansas hasn't been good enough most of the time. I'm sure Calipari's presence in Arkansas will make the games next season especially intense. Maybe we'll have a short-lived rivalry for a few years. Who knows?

Calipari is exactly like a used car salesman in multiple ways. He has a gimmick he uses to bring in recruits. It goes like this: bring in top 30 freshmen, promise them starts and minutes, get them lots of attention and NBA scouting, get them to work on their NBA game to make them most appealing, recruit next season's crop of freshmen over the current team, push the guys to be one and done, send them away to transfer if they aren't good enough to be drafted, rinse and repeat. He sees player "success" (i.e. making the NBA) as a higher priority than program or team wins. You'll see it eventually even if you turn a blind eye to it right now.

His spin on this is that he's a "players first coach and program." Arkansas fans will love the talent initially and expectations will soar, but when Cal can't produce wins at crunch time of the season, eyes will be opened.

Calipari can't coach from the bench very well. If his initial game plan isn't working, his team will struggle. He plays man to man, exclusively, regardless of how a game is going and regardless of whether his team is struggling to stay in front. He's stubborn. He hates criticism. Claims he's above it and ignores it, but he soaks it in and wears it, and will likely bring it up after a big win in a very cringe way. He downplays the SEC tournament, so don't expect much there. If something doesn't dramatically change for Cal with this move to Arkansas, he will be forced to retire in the next 5 years.

I was all in with Calipari when he came on board. His first 6 seasons were some of UK's best ever. I ignored much of the "players first" talk and even the bragging about the NBA draft being the biggest day in UK's history. But something changed after that 2014-15 team lost to Wisconsin, robbing him of a perfect season. And then the lifetime contract changed him again, followed closely by the Covid fallout. He's not been the same. I'd likely still be ignoring his flaws if he was still winning.
Great post! For all of the Arkansas fans reading this thread, many CAT-fans have said over and over about Calapari’s horrific bench coaching. I want you to go watch the Ky/Gonzaga game this past year and you tell us we are wrong. Watch what few did to him by running a high pick n roll with Ike/ Nembhardt literally the entire second half and they scored at will every time.

He made zero adjustments looked like a deer in headlights this is what you will see eventually.

The guy is a complete farce as a x/o’s coach but arguably the best recruiter of all time.

Don’t know or care for Musselman but I predict his tenure will be wildly more successful, time will tell.

Great post! For all of the Arkansas fans reading this thread, many CAT-fans have said over and over about Calapari’s horrific bench coaching. I want you to go watch the Ky/Gonzaga game this past year and you tell us we are wrong. Watch what few did to him by running a high pick n roll with Ike/ Nembhardt literally the entire second half and they scored at will every time.

He made zero adjustments looked like a deer in headlights this is what you will see eventually.

The guy is a complete farce as a x/o’s coach but arguably the best recruiter of all time.

Don’t know or care for Musselman but I predict his tenure will be wildly more successful, time will tell.
Yeah, that's a great example. There are several others from just this season alone. The game we lost to UNC Wilmington at Rupp Arena is another great example. Wilmington's coach OWNED Calipari in that game. They led most of the game and at the end won on straight line drives to the basket, and we couldn't stop it at all. Cal doesn't zone, period. His excuse at that point was that they hadn't had a chance to work on it yet. The last 2 games of the season are also prime examples. Texas A&M came in with a plan they knew would work based on knowing Calipari and it worked to perfection. Cal was helpless to adjust. Same thing with that Oakland game. That game went back and forth a bit more than the Texas A&M game did, but it was the same attack the entire game and we couldn't stop it.

Last edited:

That was absolutely pathetic to let the Zags use that play time and time again. I was screaming at the TV for the dumbass to adjust but it never happened. At one point I almost threw my beer at the TV but my wife calmed me down lol.

• Haha
Reactions: deep3
Didn't read most of the thread. Kool aid jones, Mayyutt Sayyid, reayteo, H.W.L, hogfan2012. All the same poster...maybe masking his ip with a VPN.

All this effort and turns out he/she really sucks at trolling.

Last edited:
A few good points but #5 is just a silly take. Here's the proof....

Anyone old enough to remember the 1990s (a guy named Pitino and a guy named Richardson) will dispute this as well. Arky-UK was THE SEC rivalry back then.

Reactions: sambowieshin
A few good points but #5 is just a silly take. Here's the proof....

It literally says in those that they did the same things for Tennessee and Auburn too though

1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forums to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.
If I come back it will only be to talk basketball nothing else. I would think that would be OK with true fans of the game. We have a UK fan on our forums that talks basketball.

2nd Congrats on Koby I hope the rumored 1.7M was not the price for a player that had a average of 11 PPG, the 3 point % looks good on paper but I really don't think he can do anything like that with a player in his face or he would of averaged a lot more points.

3rd Coaches. For AR and Muss he was trying to leave 2 years ago to UCLA to go back home but their coach did just enough to keep his job. When the Muss buss left most of us had no hard feelings if you look him up he never stays anywhere long. This year was a big bust, we beat Purdue and Duke then came the injuries and the same poison as last year Devo leaving the team 15 minutes before a game then the wheels fell off.
Cal I really despise him to put it nicely, reminds me of a used car salesman. With that said not sure I can watch a game still with him coaching. I hope for us he has figured out the game has passed him by and uses this opportunity to change.

For Pope I think this was not the best hire for one of the top basketball schools, we saved you like 30M in my opinion you could of done better.

4th With todays game with the portal and NIL NOBODY can consider their school as a destination like it was at one time. Now it's all about who will pay me the most money and you can expect the same thing the next year because they will be gone for more money.

5th AR VS KY I have never considered this game a rivalry. I'm sure some will disagree and after the events of this year it will be a huge game for the nation not just us. I dated a girl from the U of TX back when we were in the SWC and the game was coming up (football) and she informed me this was one sided, the only dates they circled on their calendar was A&M and OK.

6th I hope all of your fans and team a successful season and we play each other for the national title and one team wins by 2 points. Not really going to happen but sounds good at least.
Well I’m at the baseball game sitting in the middle of a handful Arkansas fans and there is one major league asshole Arkansas fan. Announced himself when he arrived that he was there to be as obnoxious as possible. Was a complete asshole even as Arkansas was getting curb stomped. Most Arkansas fans were laughing enjoying his show. Pretty much confirmed to me that Arkansas fans are pathetic.

Reactions: warrior-cat
1st I would like to apologize for any AR fans coming to your forums to start crap. That doesn't represent 99.999% of AR fans.
If I come back it will only be to talk basketball nothing else. I would think that would be OK with true fans of the game. We have a UK fan on our forums that talks basketball.

2nd Congrats on Koby I hope the rumored 1.7M was not the price for a player that had a average of 11 PPG, the 3 point % looks good on paper but I really don't think he can do anything like that with a player in his face or he would of averaged a lot more points.

3rd Coaches. For AR and Muss he was trying to leave 2 years ago to UCLA to go back home but their coach did just enough to keep his job. When the Muss buss left most of us had no hard feelings if you look him up he never stays anywhere long. This year was a big bust, we beat Purdue and Duke then came the injuries and the same poison as last year Devo leaving the team 15 minutes before a game then the wheels fell off.
Cal I really despise him to put it nicely, reminds me of a used car salesman. With that said not sure I can watch a game still with him coaching. I hope for us he has figured out the game has passed him by and uses this opportunity to change.

For Pope I think this was not the best hire for one of the top basketball schools, we saved you like 30M in my opinion you could of done better.

4th With todays game with the portal and NIL NOBODY can consider their school as a destination like it was at one time. Now it's all about who will pay me the most money and you can expect the same thing the next year because they will be gone for more money.

5th AR VS KY I have never considered this game a rivalry. I'm sure some will disagree and after the events of this year it will be a huge game for the nation not just us. I dated a girl from the U of TX back when we were in the SWC and the game was coming up (football) and she informed me this was one sided, the only dates they circled on their calendar was A&M and OK.

6th I hope all of your fans and team a successful season and we play each other for the national title and one team wins by 2 points. Not really going to happen but sounds good at least.
1st: Brevity.
2nd: Know what you are posting about.
3rd: Brevity: see how this works?

Rumor. Started by a Mizzou fan that was still bitter Brazile left them for us.
Nah. You guys are culturally accepting down there in Fayetteville. It was just a matter of time until the nation realized how open minded you guys are down there. It's actually quite beautiful.

Way to lead the pack into the new era of accepting gay love in the athletic community. It's nice to see your community getting the credit they finally deserve down there.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Nah. You guys are culturally accepting down there in Fayetteville. It was just a matter of time until the nation realized how open minded you guys are down there. It's actually quite beautiful.

Way to lead the pack into the new era of accepting gay love in the athletic community. It's nice to see your community getting the credit they finally deserve down there.
Figured you would have grown up a little.

GO HOGS GO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT