ADVERTISEMENT

For The Guys That Leave For Arkansas

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
How do you think they will adapt to not getting the attention they’re used to here? I can’t imagine going from somewhere where you’re practically idolized to somewhere that it’s a little more than a casual passion? It would have to be demotivating to some degree I’d think.

How do you think they will adapt to not getting the attention they’re used to here? I can’t imagine going from somewhere where you’re practically idolized to somewhere that it’s a little more than a casual passion? It would have to be demotivating to some degree I’d think.
Are you referring to positive or negative attention?

Tradition in what?
Arkansas has basketball tradition. They had Eddie Sutton/Nolan Richardson in the 80's and 90's and recently they've had Musselman take them to 2 Elite 8's and a Sweet 16 in the last 5 years which is why it'll be interesting to see how this marriage with Cal goes. They expect him to get them over the hump. He's not sniffed the 2nd Weekend since '19.

Arkansas has basketball tradition. They had Eddie Sutton/Nolan Richardson in the 80's and 90's and recently they've had Musselman take them to 2 Elite 8's and a Sweet 16 in the last 5 years which is why it'll be interesting to see how this marriage with Cal goes. They expect him to get them over the hump. He's not sniffed the 2nd Weekend since '19.
Exactly!

Hawg calling. I have been in all states except Alaska and Hawaii and Arkansas is the ugliest and arguably one of the worst states in America
The northwest part of the state in the Ozark mountains is really nice but yeah the delta and southern Arkansas kinda suck. Basically the closer you get to Louisiana and Mississippi lol

Arkansas is a football school. They only had success under Nolan Richardson and he became a nut job.
This is what I'm curious to see. If people thought Stoops and Cal didn't get along.... Let Cal say something about football down there and see how it goes. Lots of talk about billionaires in Arky... well they are all football first guys. They are just splurging on the bball for fun.

To the guys getting ready to wear Red:

Get ready for a different BBN reception in Rupp next year.

Not many times has former players come back the next year and played in Rupp. That has to be mentally taxing.

Big Z following Cal is a puzzle to me. Seems like he was underutilized and showed very little development. By contrast, seems like he would thrive in Pope’s system.
It’s quite possible sometime next year if Z pays any attention at all to what’s going on in Lexington it will hit him that he effed up. I’m surprised he went as well as the last several games he didn’t have that look of enjoyment he had early on when cal started dictating more how he played. If Z isn’t getting 25 minutes per game next year at a minimum it will be more coaching malfeasance. Of course cal will misuse him anyway so not sure it matters.

Who cares let's put our hands to the plow and let the dead bury the dead THE POPE has arrived and THE ASSIGNMENT

The northwest part of the state in the Ozark mountains is really nice but yeah the delta and southern Arkansas kinda suck. Basically the closer you get to Louisiana and Mississippi lol

Grew up very close to Arkansas. Even the people that live there want out. I lived for nearly a year just outside Fayetteville too. While it’s a nice campus there’s nothing to do, I was bored out of my mind. Calipari is going to absolutely hate it but he didn’t want to be there anyway.

3 years and you become “fanbase #5”. He thinks you are lucky he’s even there, so try and not question his horrible coaching because the second you do he’s going to suffocate the program. I give it 3 years. Still cannot believe Arkansas took him, there’s a reason UK wanted him gone and Ohio state and USC said no. Rumor is he floated his name to many programs and all said no. But he tried to use Arkansas to gain leverage in our department, which was used against him and he tried to backtrack. Too late. He never dreamed he’d end up there lol. So we do appreciate it.

On Arkansas boosters (meant for the post above). Arkansas fans have pushed the idea for years that they have massive boosters the problem is? Those boosters never do what they claim they’re going to. Jerry Jones doesn’t care, neither does the Walton’s. If they did Arkansas would be killing it in football but they don’t. I remember hearing Arkansas fans going back to the 90’s brag about these boosters, but nothing ever comes of it. Unlike a Joe Craft who’s a billionaire that actually gives loads of money. As far as football goes I’d much rather have tennessees boosters than Arkansas. As far as basketball goes Joe craft all day. The booster talk is PR and it won’t Materialize past most, around or below the typical. Of arkansas had boosters throwing themselves the way they want people to believe, they wouldn’t have been so average / below average in both major sports for a very long time. Also, if the Boosters were going to kill it trust me, Muss would still be there. That’s who Arkansas would have invested in. The booster talk is just trying to promote good PR and make up for the fact that they were left for USC basketball. These days, living in Fayetteville is a hard sell.

Arkansas has had really bad luck over 30 years and so this hire made sense to them from a PR standpoint. I actually hate it because I think Arkansas has some respectable people who are nice folks in the state. I hate seeing decent people get in bed with this psychopath. Buckle up man, don’t say I didn’t warn you. Thank him constantly, but he’s going to butcher the program and spit in the face of your basketball alumni and history. You can’t question it. If I were you I’d be quiet until about 3 years go by then pray he’s ousted. Of course, he’s going to be looking for a better job immediately I’m sure so maybe you’ll get lucky. I’m rooting for ya. **from someone who’s had a front row seat to Calipari for 30 years.

Last edited:
Grew up very close to Arkansas. Even the people that live there want out. I lived for nearly a year just outside Fayetteville too. While it’s a nice campus there’s nothing to do, I was bored out of my mind. Calipari is going to absolutely hate it but he didn’t want to be there anyway.

3 years and you become “fanbase #5”. He thinks you are lucky he’s even there, so try and not question his horrible coaching because the second you do he’s going to suffocate the program. I give it 3 years. Still cannot believe Arkansas took him, there’s a reason UK wanted him gone and Ohio state and USC said no. Rumor is he floated his name to many programs and all said no. But he tried to use Arkansas to gain leverage in our department, which was used against him and he tried to backtrack. Too late. He never dreamed he’d end up there lol. So we do appreciate it.

On Arkansas boosters (meant for the post above). Arkansas fans have pushed the idea for years that they have massive boosters the problem is? Those boosters never do what they claim they’re going to. Jerry Jones doesn’t care, neither does the Walton’s. If they did Arkansas would be killing it in football but they don’t. I remember hearing Arkansas fans going back to the 90’s brag about these boosters, but nothing ever comes of it. Unlike a Joe Craft who’s a billionaire that actually gives loads of money. As far as football goes I’d much rather have tennessees boosters than Arkansas. As far as basketball goes Joe craft all day. The booster talk is PR and it won’t Materialize past most, around or below the typical. Of arkansas had boosters throwing themselves the way they want people to believe, they wouldn’t have been so average / below average in both major sports for a very long time. Also, if the Boosters were going to kill it trust me, Muss would still be there. That’s who Arkansas would have invested in. The booster talk is just trying to promote good PR and make up for the fact that they were left for USC basketball. These days, living in Fayetteville is a hard sell.

Arkansas has had really bad luck over 30 years and so this hire made sense to them from a PR standpoint. I actually hate it because I think Arkansas has some respectable people who are nice folks in the state. I hate seeing decent people get in bed with this psychopath. Buckle up man, don’t say I didn’t warn you. Thank him constantly, but he’s going to butcher the program and spit in the face of your basketball alumni and history. You can’t question it. If I were you I’d be quiet until about 3 years go by then pray he’s ousted. Of course, he’s going to be looking for a better job immediately I’m sure so maybe you’ll get lucky. I’m rooting for ya. **from someone who’s had a front row seat to Calipari for 30 years.

how to make my facebook cover photo private

My guess:

Mark Pope talked about how your are lucky to wear the UK jersey and it’s not just a stepping stone to the NBA. The Cal players didn’t resonate with that message. They were used to hearing the exact opposite. They heard nothing else after that - so poof, they are gone.

I have no problem with it. Pope will get the culture right.

You don't have a clue about Arkansas basketball. Its much more than a casual passion. Our ON CAMPUS arena that holds 20,000 people, is a much more intimidating place to play for visiting teams than Rupp. Arkansas is the second best basketball school in the SEC behind Kentucky and that may change now that that you have Pope. He is a very uninspiring hire that you fans are trying hard to pump up as a great coach. Good luck with that, as he is not worthy of the Kentucky job.

You don't have a clue about Arkansas basketball. It’s much more than a casual passion. Our ON CAMPUS arena that holds 20,000 people, is a much more intimidating place to play for visiting teams than Rupp. Arkansas is the second best basketball school in the SEC behind Kentucky and that may change now that that you have Pope. He is a very uninspiring hire that you fans are trying hard to pump up as a great coach. Good luck with that, as he is not worthy of the Kentucky job.

It appears moreso that you have no idea about Kentucky basketball. Arakansas has a decent basketball culture, but it’s different here. As far as being 2nd in the SEC, you take that up with Tennessee fans, or whatever team of the moment is putting together consistent basketball for a couple of seasons.

Good luck with Cal. We might have to take y’all out to dinner or something. We owe you a big one!

For the guys that leave for Arkansas, I say enjoy your 1st round losses in the SEC & NCAA tournaments.

I'm curious as to what type of reception the former Cats who go to Ark get at Rupp next year?
Then same question for Cal.

You don't have a clue about Arkansas basketball. Its much more than a casual passion. Our ON CAMPUS arena that holds 20,000 people, is a much more intimidating place to play for visiting teams than Rupp. Arkansas is the second best basketball school in the SEC behind Kentucky and that may change now that that you have Pope. He is a very uninspiring hire that you fans are trying hard to pump up as a great coach. Good luck with that, as he is not worthy of the Kentucky job.
I could agree that Arkansas is the 2nd best basketball program in the SEC. But, the distance between them and Kentucky is miles wide. The fact that the Arkansas fan base is ecstatic about hiring a coach that wasn’t up to Kentucky standards is great proof that we are not even in the same stratosphere
Much more likely is that Arkansas’ position in our league will drop. Tennessee, Florida and Alabama will surpass them soon

Last edited:
It’s quite possible sometime next year if Z pays any attention at all to what’s going on in Lexington it will hit him that he effed up. I’m surprised he went as well as the last several games he didn’t have that look of enjoyment he had early on when cal started dictating more how he played. If Z isn’t getting 25 minutes per game next year at a minimum it will be more coaching malfeasance. Of course cal will misuse him anyway so not sure it matters.
I hope Z gets the kind of playing time he wants. I wish he was still with us. Related to his getting 25 minutes a game, I was surprised to see that Amari Williams averaged only 23minutes last year, less than previous year. Is he foul-prone ??

Last edited:

Oh look, yet another SEC program that thinks they’re going to overtake Kentucky.

Signed,
Them all at one point or another.

This is your second time believing this IIRC?

Arkansas is not a national brand and Nike would never allow their big time recruits to all head that way. You’re not getting what you think. And Kentucky has its perfect match, you have an old washed up maniac who was ran out of Kentucky and couldn’t coach Lebron to dunk. Look up UK and Bill Curry, that’s what you have minus Curry’s coaching ability. Thanks for saving us some cash and enjoy!

And on April 10th, Nolan Ricahardson did not walk thru that door!!!!

Also, it won't be "40-minutes of hell" it will be "40-minutes of __________" (insert sale or stale) whichever suits Arkys outlook..............

Reactions: UKPopeVIII
Arky is going to start their own athletic shoe brand to compete with Nike, Addidas, etc!!! Alot of NIL money for their players.............

Supposedly it was a Brad idea, IDK........

th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT