ADVERTISEMENT

Football QC hiring

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
Listing posted for a football QC hiring with an "apply by" date of 2/26. Think Coen took an employee with him to Tampa so I guess this is a replacement. Could be an ex-player or coach.

Reactions: satcheluk
Listing posted for a football QC hiring with an "apply by" date of 2/26. Think Coen took an employee with him to Tampa so I guess this is a replacement. Could be an ex-player or coach.
Should be plenty of apps from us on the board.

That would be funny, a bunch of applications with our screen names.

They should look to Van.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Mostly likely will be someone close to CMS that he trust and either winding down a career or looking to build a resume. Many HS coaches looking to make the jump to college take these type positions.

Mostly likely will be someone close to CMS that he trust and either winding down a career or looking to build a resume. Many HS coaches looking to make the jump to college take these type positions.
I’m just wonder if woody way moved to a admin staff. He was Coens buddy.

Looks like UK may have their man. TOS saying UK will/has hired Derek Shay, TE coach at Marshall. He'll likely be an analysist or QC at UK. Previously coached at LSU and MO(assume he was at MO with Bush Hamdan, that's were the connection would be). This is an off the field position.

Gran's official title is: "Special Assistant to the Head Coach" which is a long title for "someone he can shoot the shit with." QC is much different.
Should be promoted to run game/blocking scheme drawer upper guy.

I thought Eddie Gran was in this kind of role, if not would seem to be a good fit for it.
A lot very quick to defend Gran but he sure didn’t have any interest from other programs when he left UK. And for good reason. (Recruiting/Pass game development)

Folk have described Grans roll as roster analysis. helping Stoops and Marrow identify position count to fill in recruiting HS and portal, who on the team is leaving, who is alstaying.. what spots are best to fill with someone from the portal with CFB experience or is there room & time for a HS development guy.

It may be that the hire isn’t “official” yet, but I have not received a “TBNT Position Filled” email yet and I was in the 10-15% of candidates that moved past the first phase to the hiring manager waiting to see if you’d be the 3-5% that got interviews. HR said all candidates that were referred to the hiring manager would receive an email stating the position had been filled…timeline 2-6 weeks. Yesterday was the end of week 1.

I’ll update if the email comes through over the next couple days. But my assumption is they would be calling him QC and not SR Offensive Analysis….even though that’s basically what a QC does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT