ADVERTISEMENT

Fool's Gold

CBBCrazy

All-American
Feb 18, 2007
Cal Sucks!!
Isn't it the same year in and year out. We get a number 1 or 2 class of talent yearly. We see them play no names and they are running them out of the gym. We then play a contender in one of the classics and get beat. We then think we have it figured out by playing more bennies. Then all of a sudden we get to the real games and we are mediocre at best. Last night we played a team of returning players some 25 years old and we see boys playing men. The NBA prep system will not win and has not worked for Cal. For him this is his legacy to put all the players he can into the league. All he cares about is just that. He schedules all the bennies to make his winning record, he will never win more than that. I am an old man that loves UK Basketball, he is killing our program and there is nothing we can do other than quit watching and buying tickets. The fool's gold that he is selling will not be bought by me anymore. I am done with Cal, he is the worst thing to ever happen to the University of Kentucky imo and nothing he can do will change how I feel about him period.

Totally agree …. Remember listening to Cawood as a 8 year old kid cheering on the team while imitating every play in my room on a nerf hoop. I get the game has changed, but I am truly over Cal and the same excuses every postgame. Fact is … he is out coached in every important game. Love the kids on the team but not only must a coach teach the x and o’s but instill the pride of Kentucky basketball. Pride goes a long way in driving effort. I live in Nashville and had tix to Vandy game that I just gave away this morning.

It's not the players. If adjustments we made on how we defend the out bounds and pick n roll UK would have 3 more wins this season. Looking at the roster alone we have talent but the players aren't being put in a position to succeed. There's absolutely no way practice time is being utilized to address these shortcomings.
The results against power 5 opponents the last 4 years is unacceptable. UK basketball didn't become what it is by accepting mediocrity. Does anyone think Alabama, UT, or UGA would be okay with losses to UK football? We shouldn't be okay with what's been transpiring on the hardwood.

Totally agree …. Remember listening to Cawood as a 8 year old kid cheering on the team while imitating every play in my room on a nerf hoop. I get the game has changed, but I am truly over Cal and the same excuses every postgame. Fact is … he is out coached in every important game. Love the kids on the team but not only must a coach teach the x and o’s but instill the pride of Kentucky basketball. Pride goes a long way in driving effort. I live in Nashville and had tix to Vandy game that I just gave away this morning.
That sucks man and I feel your pain.

Isn't it the same year in and year out. We get a number 1 or 2 class of talent yearly. We see them play no names and they are running them out of the gym. We then play a contender in one of the classics and get beat. We then think we have it figured out by playing more bennies. Then all of a sudden we get to the real games and we are mediocre at best. Last night we played a team of returning players some 25 years old and we see boys playing men. The NBA prep system will not win and has not worked for Cal. For him this is his legacy to put all the players he can into the league. All he cares about is just that. He schedules all the bennies to make his winning record, he will never win more than that. I am an old man that loves UK Basketball, he is killing our program and there is nothing we can do other than quit watching and buying tickets. The fool's gold that he is selling will not be bought by me anymore. I am done with Cal, he is the worst thing to ever happen to the University of Kentucky imo and nothing he can do will change how I feel about him period.
This ^ is the best post I’ve read in a long time. 100% accurate without going overboard.

What was the excuse last year:

Tshiebwe- Senior
Wheeler- Senior
Toppin- Senior
Fredrick- Senior
Reeves- Senior

And the year before:

Grady- Senior
Tshiebwe- Junior
Wheeler- Junior
Brooks- Junior
Toppin- Junior

It’s not about talent or experience. It’s about toughness.

The team is a reflection of the coach.

He is soft.

They are soft.

He has no fire.

They have no fire.

He feels no sense of urgency.

They feel no sense of urgency.

He had something to prove when he first started here.

He no longer has to prove anything to anyone.

He’s a champion. He’s a Hall of Fame coach.

He has nothing left to prove.

So, he is a shell of the coach he use to be.

It's not the players. If adjustments we made on how we defend the out bounds and pick n roll UK would have 3 more wins this season. Looking at the roster alone we have talent but the players aren't being put in a position to succeed. There's absolutely no way practice time is being utilized to address these shortcomings.
The results against power 5 opponents the last 4 years is unacceptable. UK basketball didn't become what it is by accepting mediocrity. Does anyone think Alabama, UT, or UGA would be okay with losses to UK football? We shouldn't be okay with what's been transpiring on the hardwood.
This is 100% spot on!!!

I've been saying it all week!!! Cal has either quit coaching or can't motivate his kids to APPLY his coaching to the games!!!!! Either scenario is RIDICULOUS for the amount of money he makes!!!

Cal came out for the Postgame presser with a look on his face like he has NO answers except that DJ will be the savior when he returns. What a load of BULLCRAP!!!!!!

Hey Cal, you have LOST the ability to succeed here. WHY???!!!!!

SAD isn't it. I HATE IT!!!

Our group used to go to the SEC Tournament EVERY year!!! We stopped going when UT beat us a few yaers back and Cal said in the postgame that it wasn't that big of a deal because he wanted to get back home to his dogs. This told me and my friends that spent their hard earned money to support HIS team that we weren't important to him or the program!!!

The worst part about this whole situation is there isn't much we can do about it because of that HORRIBLE contract Mitch gave him.

But, if everyone would stop going to games, that would send a message. However, if you check on Ticketmaster, Stubhub or any of the re-sale sites, ticket prices are STILL outrageously high!! T We have some fans that will go no matter what.

I posted a thread stating fans should stop going to the SEC Tournament and some posters said they would go no matter what. That's why we are in this CRAP SHOW now.

What was the excuse last year:

Tshiebwe- Senior
Wheeler- Senior
Toppin- Senior
Fredrick- Senior
Reeves- Senior

And the year before:

Grady- Senior
Tshiebwe- Junior
Wheeler- Junior
Brooks- Junior
Toppin- Junior

It’s not about talent or experience. It’s about toughness.

The team is a reflection of the coach.

He is soft.

They are soft.

He has no fire.

They have no fire.

He feels no sense of urgency.

They feel no sense of urgency.

He had something to prove when he first started here.

He no longer has to prove anything to anyone.

He’s a champion. He’s a Hall of Fame coach.

He has nothing left to prove.

So, he is a shell of the coach he use to be.
But, you can tell these kids hate to lose, or at least a few want to win.

But, you can tell these kids hate to lose, or at least a few want to win.
They'll make millions either way so why bother. NIL's free money takes the hunger out of it all. Hunger has made everything in society improve. Content people don't need to do anything superior.

Not one player on the floor last night for UT was 25 years old. JJJ is 23 and Santi is 22.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT