ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Started Hollywood Brown over Ford/Boyd but it never impacted the final score as I won by a large margin (59). Brown, Ford and Sutton all scored within a couple points of one another anyway.

I'm gonna guess the Rams will be revamping their pass protection schemes this week unless they want Stafford killed.

Fun game with perfect weather and excellent eats/drinks. Finished off my 10-year, SB Knob Creek and another guy shared a liter of bourbon ball stout brew.

Anybody pick up anybody cool this week?

What do yinz think of this trade in my league that just got approved? I voted "yes", not that that means anything, 'cause I'm chaotic neutral, and also I don't know jack about Miami. XD

1. Davante Adams and Burrow
for
2. Tutu Atwell, Achane, and Tua

What do yinz think of this trade in my league that just got approved? I voted "yes", not that that means anything, 'cause I'm chaotic neutral, and also I don't know jack about Miami. XD

for

I'd never want to be in a league where the rest of the league can vote to approve or deny a trade. Trades should only be vetoed by a commish if there's evidence of collusion (and at that point, why would you have people colluding in your league to begin with?).

Reactions: J_Dee

for

That's a wild trade.. it doesn't seem bad on the surface.. but #2 wins IMO. Davante is a sell high guy right now, and don't trust him as much as I used to ROS, especially when Jimmy G gets injured. TuTu will still be relevant even if Kupp comes back as Stafford will sling it. Tua is trending as a top5 and he will at the bear least match burrow. And Achane will only be a larger factor as the season moves on.

I'd never want to be in a league where the rest of the league can vote to approve or deny a trade. Trades should only be vetoed by a commish if there's evidence of collusion (and at that point, why would you have people colluding in your league to begin with?).

Not just collusion, but a generally unfair trade, where the person getting the bad deal may be unaware of what they are doing or lacking any care.

But the problem with commish vote, is that he too can be swayed one way or another.

What I settled on is having just 3 vetoes needed in a 10 team. And the reason being #1. the two teams making the trade are already votes "for", we have 1 or 2 teammates who don't pay attention aside from setting their lineup, so they wont vote and not voting is essentially a "yes", and now youre at 3 or 4 people voting yes to a trade right off the bat.. and #2. if the trade IS truly fair, the league can talk about it and the two parties can state their case and then try the trade again.

We had one guy in our league try and trade rape the first timer numerous times, and we didn't have enough vetos to stop it.

Last edited:
This is the first time our league's ever voted on trades. I'm sure we discussed it, but I probably just forgot for some heckin' reason. ;)

But there's definitely no collusion going down. We're all friends, we're all far, far too arrogant to do something like that, and believe me -- none of us want that shame or those consequences.

Trade offer came in..

My Calvin Ridley and Josh Kelley

For his DeAndre Swift and Javonte Williams.

I think I take that all day. Swift and javonte are starting RBs.. and so is Calvin, but he might be showing that he's missed TOO much time.

Trade offer came in..

My Calvin Ridley and Josh Kelley

For his DeAndre Swift and Javonte Williams.

I think I take that all day. Swift and javonte are starting RBs.. and so is Calvin, but he might be showing that he's missed TOO much time.
Depends on the rest of your roster of course, but I probably agree with your analysis of it.

Depends on the rest of your roster of course, but I probably agree with your analysis of it.

It's a 3wr league.. and I do only have CeeDee, AJ and Pittman as start able guys.. I don't really have a 4th at the moment, so I'd be losing that. But my RBs are K.Walker, Gibbs.. and thats it. I have Jerome ford, Warren and Jonathan Taylor (Who I am starting to think may never play this year).

Im willing to give up Calvin's upside.. as I might need some RBs.. and I can always go with a 3WR/3RB set, as opposed to 4WR/2RB (using the flex in this scenario).

Reactions: GeraldV and J_Dee
I also agree with your analysis and I'd definitely make that trade. Is Kelley even remotely an option now that Ekeler's back? I dropped him this week and nobody picked him up.

I also agree with your analysis and I'd definitely make that trade. Is Kelley even remotely an option now that Ekeler's back? I dropped him this week and nobody picked him up.

Yeah I don't think Kelley is a factor even When Ekeler is hurt.

And I also have Ridley in another league so I get to use him either way.

Last edited:
I picked up Russell Wilson (no idea why he was available) and I might play him over Lamar Jackson and Anthony Richardson this week because Denver's playing da Bears and the Ravens are playing Cleveland and the Colts are playing the Rams. I might just roll a die to decide who to go with though. I dunno.

384171391_340404965021129_8396322125522854472_n.png

I picked up Russell Wilson (no idea why he was available) and I might play him over Lamar Jackson and Anthony Richardson this week because Denver's playing da Bears and the Ravens are playing Cleveland and the Colts are playing the Rams. I might just roll a die to decide who to go with though. I dunno.

384171391_340404965021129_8396322125522854472_n.png

It always comes down to what you need. Do you need just 12-14pts for your QB (in your estimation) or do you need 30?

I'm not sure I fully buy the Cleveland defense, based on who they played. Joe Burrow early in the year, Kenny Picket, Tennessee... meh. I think your safe with Russ for today, but I suspect Lamar Jackson will be fine, especially because Cleveland's offense isn't great and will give Baltimore lots of chances.

I benched Gibbs this week, which turned out to be a good play.

But now I have to decide which 3 of this group: Ridley, Mostert, Javonte, Swift, DJ, Sutton

I think I'm settling on the 3 RBs... Swift, Javonte and Mostert.. Just cant trust Ridley at the moment, and not sure what to make of DJ Moore and Sutton on two seemingly bad teams.

It always comes down to what you need. Do you need just 12-14pts for your QB (in your estimation) or do you need 30?

Considering my opponent's lineup, I don't think it matters much. And he got 2.2 from Allgier this morning. XD

But now I have to decide which 3 of this group: Ridley, Mostert, Javonte, Swift, DJ, Sutton

I think I'm settling on the 3 RBs... Swift, Javonte and Mostert.. Just cant trust Ridley at the moment, and not sure what to make of DJ Moore and Sutton on two seemingly bad teams.

I'm not familiar with the matchups, but I'd play Swift and Mostert every week.

Welp I watched the new The Toxic Avenger trailer, and I can't help but think that maybe the Bengals D fell into a vat of nuclear waste this week, and became the Toxic Defenders. Pretty sure I saw Kaufman, Lemmy, and Ron Jeremy on the sidelines a minute ago. Better keep Jeremy away from the cheerleaders. Then again, he doesn't know where he's at...same as the Bengals D. They're the only people gettin' screwed against their will today.

Last edited:
Welp I watched the new The Toxic Avenger trailer, and I can't help but think that maybe the Bengals D fell into a vat of nuclear waste this week, and became the Toxic Defenders. Pretty sure I saw Kaufman, Lemmy, and Ron Jeremy on the sidelines a minute ago. Better keep Jeremy away from the cheerleaders. Then again, he doesn't know where he's at...same as the Bengals D. They're the only people gettin' screwed against their will today.

Yo at least we have horror movies like the Toxic Avenger lol.

Both my opponents this week had Justin Fields.. go figure.

I had Puka and Nico Collins rolling but….

I was up against CMC and the Cowboys D.

I lost in a shootout. 1-3 on the year without Kupp and Chubb. I’m in a fantasy funk.

I lost in a shootout. 1-3 on the year without Kupp and Chubb. I’m in a fantasy funk.

Damn. CMC is just a monster. He'd be #1 overall the last 5 years if he just didnt get hurt.

I look like I will sneak by these weeks 2-0.. despite getting Fields' best games. AJ Brown and Puka were huge for me. But that still means I will be 1-3 in one league and 2-2 in another.. lot of work to do.

LOL, update to this post.

I actually won by .4 points. I was down and the other team had Justin Hebert at QB. Those two kneel downs he took to end the game, reduced his rushing yards enough to give me the win by literally the skin of my teeth.

One of the guys in my league benched Puka and started the Bengals D. I was like what the hell. XD

I did all right this week I guess. My opponent scored a little over 100. I didn't know that Watson was out, if I had I would've started Aiyuk, and that would've given me the best single-scoring week in the league history. But hey, there's always next week.

384523166_993158025100424_4587651990163669338_n.png

LOL, update to this post.

I actually won by .4 points. I was down and the other team had Justin Hebert at QB. Those two kneel downs he took to end the game, reduced his rushing yards enough to give me the win by literally the skin of my teeth.

That's awesome. XD

A guy in our league lost a crucial game one year because of QB kneel-downs at the end of a game and he went berserk over it. XD

Reactions: GeraldV
How's everybody doing?

This is one of the most brutal beats ever in our league. Chad (Mustard Tigers) was relying on Geno Smith to win, and the dirty play by Simmons that took Geno out made him lose by 0.1. XD

Untitled.png

Had a nice bounce back.. 2-0. Beat the two 1st-ish place teams.

The trade went through for Javonte and Swift. Surprised my league mate still was fine with it even after Ridley had his 3rd letdown in a row.

Feeling pretty good. I kind of know who to start now. I said it above, but these first few weeks are largely guessing games as for who to start. Some guys that you drafted in the top50 are borderline unstartable at the moment (my Gibbs and Ridley for example). So if you can get the wins early it's a big help. Even though my starters have sifted through, I'm still 1-3 and 2-2, so I have work to do.

Nothing good on waivers this week, if you ask me.

This is the time to save your waiver spot/FAAB money and let others waste it chasing guys that aren't worth it. Maybe look for a solid defense over the next few weeks and jump on them early.

One thing I'm doing.. I have to kick Evan McPherson to the curb. Can't trust the Bengals.

This is the time to save your waiver spot/FAAB money and let others waste it chasing guys that aren't worth it. Maybe look for a solid defense over the next few weeks and jump on them early.

I've got the Cowboys defense but I'm not sure I want to play 'em against San Fransisco this week.

Arizona's probably on waivers and they're playing Cincy this week and Higgins and Burrow are both playing hurt, but considering that the Giants torched 'em, they still might not be a great play.

Last edited:
I've got the Cowboys defense but I'm not sure I want to play 'em against San Fransisco this week.

Arizona's probably on waivers and they're playing Cincy this week and Higgins and Burrow are both playing hurt, but considering that the Giants torched 'em, they still might not be a great play.

What are the odds, realistically, that Cincy can turn it around? I just can't believe they are this bad, and I don't want to gamble on Arizona. What usually seems to happen to a team like Cincy that's down big.. is play calling can change, players-only meetings happen. I just feel like if you try to stream a defense against them, they are bound to burn you.

What are the odds, realistically, that Cincy can turn it around? I just can't believe they are this bad, and I don't want to gamble on Arizona. What usually seems to happen to a team like Cincy that's down big.. is play calling can change, players-only meetings happen. I just feel like if you try to stream a defense against them, they are bound to burn you.

Exactly. It's a week-to-week gamble on whether or not the Bengals or the Bunguls show up. But if your defense sucks or if it's up against a team like the 49ers, it might be worth gambling on Arizona playing the Bunguls, what with Higgins and Burrow both playing hurt (if Cincy's not careful, Burrow's gonna wind up being Andrew Luck 2.0).

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
I picked up Arizona's defense and Tyler Conklin. I'd rather risk playing a so-so defense against a damaged Bengals team than risk playing the Cowboys against a team that's averaging 400 yards and 31 points per game, and if Denver can give up 27 to Kmet, it can potentially give up at least 10 to Conklin.

Now watch me get burned. Because this is fantasy freaking football. XD

Anyway Joe Burrow actually got dropped this week. It'll be interesting to see who picks him up, and when.

DJ Moore going bananas for those who stayed patient. 66pts in PPR leagues. 230 yards and 3 tds on 8 catches. Absolutely insane, reminds me if the Tyreek Hill Thanksgiving game a few years back.

Of course, fantasy work is never done. If you had DJ Moore tonight (or ever find another performance like this).. You're likely going to win, and it might be worth dumping your kicker or current defense this week, to grab a defense for the following week if one looks good. When the chance presents itself, jump ahead of your league and grab someone for weeks coming up.

Great news! Guy I'm playing this week started DJ Moore. Nothing like being in the hole 49-0 after one guy has played.
The guy who had DJ Moore also had Jamar Chase. Those two guys alone outscored my squad this week.

The guy who had DJ Moore also had Jamar Chase. Those two guys alone outscored my squad this week.

That guy has to have had one of the best single weeks, not only on the year in your league.. but likely tops over the last few years (assuming the rest of his guys didn't blow).

DJ Moore will help me to the highest score of any team in my league so far. And that includes Jefferson's meh day, and a zero burger from Hunter Henry.

Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
That guy has to have had one of the best single weeks, not only on the year in your league.. but likely tops over the last few years (assuming the rest of his guys didn't blow).

DJ Moore will help me to the highest score of any team in my league so far. And that includes Jefferson's meh day, and a zero burger from Hunter Henry.
He scored 211 points this week. Best I recall, that is the first time any of our teams have cracked that 200 point barrier. There have been a couple 185s but never 200 plus.

He scored 211 points this week. Best I recall, that is the first time any of our teams have cracked that 200 point barrier. There have been a couple 185s but never 200 plus.

Holy ****.

That's a lot.. even if it's a full PPR or a leagurle that has higher scoring.. 200 is insane. I'm at 160 with a kicker still left to go.

Holy ****.

That's a lot.. even if it's a full PPR or a leagurle that has higher scoring.. 200 is insane. I'm at 160 with a kicker still left to go.
Full PPR. So yes, he’s had a hell of a week. And had a great time reminding me that he’s scored 211, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT