ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Kyren has been BIG! Is he a 1st round pick next year? He might be.
I'd say yes. He was coming on the end of last season. Was hurt a few games this year but was awesome when healthy. He did his damage with an OLine who was thought to be one of the worst in the league coming in to the season. I'd say they definitely overperformed this year.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Welp I lost the championship (to a close friend) by exactly five points -- I switched kickers, from Butker to Sanders, and that cost me the win (Butker had 25, Sanders 7). XD

It was fun. I wish the Bengals had been better. =D

CNN: RFK Jr.’s VP prospect Aaron Rodgers has shared false Sandy Hook conspiracy theories in private conversations

I hope he tears an ACL.

And screw that CNN reporter for covering for him for over a decade.
Our current vice had never been to our borders much less out of the country, Rodgers seems well-read and informed at least, I’m sure he’s seen a foreign country before as well… not sure how it’s that different.

Honestly, ANYTHING that blocks lifetime politicians from ever becoming pres or vice I’m all for.

Reactions: J_Dee
Honestly, I don't even want to know what percentage of NFL players agree with that viewpoint. It's a lot higher than we think.

In other news. I'm heading to the finals in my fantasy basketball league, and likely going to take home the title. Going for the 3-league sweep in our group of friends. Might have a trophy made for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee and GeraldV
I know I gripe about fantasy football a lot but it's that time of year that I start to miss it. :/

How did everyone's teams do at the draft?

Did ya get a trophy made LineSkiCat?

Hahaha I'm actually down in the city with one friend who was in all 3 leagues.. and another friend who was in 2 of them. I made sure to remind them that I swept their asses.

I do find once NFL and NBA fantasy are over, I kind of need to fill my time with other things. I spend a lot of time on fantasy when in season hahaha.

Jets won the 1st round IMO. Why? Because they not only got one of the guys that they wanted (Fashanu) AND they moved back one spot to get him, and picked up a 4th and a 5th (gave up a 6th).. no one else really got MORE value got their draft pick I don't think.

Then we took one of our 4ths and traded it for a 2025 3rd.. took another 3rd and a 6th and moved up like 12 spots to get our receiver..

I think the Jets are angling to move up in the 2025 draft to get their replacement QB.

No one has “won” anything but projections.

I’ve never understood the excitement over the NFL Draft. One player normally doesn’t make much a difference on an 11 man team, the NBA is much different.

But even the NBA Draft just let me know when it’s over, never got thinking who they may draft and why? That’s another version of FF but you don’t get anything from it in my opinion.

ZERO idea still who the Pack drafted.

I’ve never understood the excitement over the NFL Draft. One player normally doesn’t make much a difference on an 11 man team, the NBA is much different.

But even the NBA Draft just let me know when it’s over, never got thinking who they may draft and why? That’s another version of FF but you don’t get anything from it in my opinion.

BIG NFL fan here. Love fantasy football and my Cowboys but I've just never been excited for the draft. I know guys who take off work over it. I watched the first few picks of Round 1 then it was over for me. I missed nothing.

Well sure. Maybe our pick is the worst player drafted, who knows. But i still think it's fun to assess who we think did well and who didn't.

I always like when a team can turn their pick into something else. I don't think the Giants "won" their draft pick (many gave them an A+) because they drafted the guy that was going to fall to them.

So because it's never too early.. here's some of my thoughts on NFL fantasy next year:

-- I feel like I don't want to touch a QB AT ALL, until round 7 or 8 and beyond. Part because this is a heavy QB draft we just had, and part because the new rule changes against defense means QBs are probably going to ball put. Josh Allen lost Diggs, so he falls back to earth. Jalen hurts is dropping IMO. Chiefs will rely on the defense. Etc. No need to take a QB early at all.
-- unless it's Stroud. He might be a cheat code next year. But I'm also thinking he might be top3 QB to go? Is that crazy to assume?
-- because of those rule changes, defense means nothing to me now. Won't even draft one because there's no telling how this will go for every team. Might as well just stream.
-- Garrett Wilson will have a bounce back year. Oline is greatly improved for my jets.. and even if Rogers goes down, they have the best backup in the league with Tyrod Taylor. I might include Breece Hall there as well, but the Jets oddly drafted TWO rbs this year, so maybe something is up..
-- tight ends will be similar to QBs.. you can get a TE1 at the end of your draft. Kelce and Mandrews are aging, Kittle is still a little inj prone to me.. and now you got Kmet with Caleb, cousins/penix with Pitts, You got Brock Bowers out there, you still got guys like Muth, you got the next dudes in McBride and LaPorta. There is no longer just 1-2 elite TE.. that position has made a comeback.
-- rams RB Kyre might go top5?
-- look for this weird home/away schedule when drafting. I know it's silly, but now teams have to cycle between 8 and 9 home games, and the international games sometimes count for that. Schedule is no longer just 8 and 8.

And finally, I want to remind everyone:
-- I won both my fantasy leagues, so clearly I'm on a Jesus level of fantasy sports. Not quite God-like, because who is.. but I'd say I'm neck and neck with Jesus. I can't walk on water as of now, but he doesn't have the titles I have, so we're fairly even.

Speaking of defenses though, I'm going to go against my point above:

Maybe draft the Jets defense, they probably won't be taken until the last round.

But they were a top5 defense last year... and thats WITH having no time of possession because we had no QB. Think about that. The Jets were able to remain top5 despite the offense having the ball FAR more than any other top defense. They had no business even being in the top20.

They lost Huff but they added Hasan Reddick. They lost no one else of note. Quinnen Williams is back, Sauce is back. DJ Reed is back. Tony adams and CJ mosley are back. Everyone is there. And they will have an offense that keeps them fresh and off the field.

The Jets will play a bills team that had to cut a ton of people, Miami who they do well against, and new England who os rebuilding. This defense might be #1 next year. I don't think that's a crazy prediction and I usually sell on my Jets.

If any of you play dynasty fantasy, I really like Guerendo’s future outlook with the Niners.

Dynasty would drive me absolutely insane. XD

If y'all want, I can host a head-to-head Paddock PPR league on ESPN.com this year. It'll be as simple as possible: free and for bragging rights only, using just the basic settings that ESPN has. Everybody's welcome, and I don't mind a bit to change any settings with a majority vote that we can hold in this thread.

Reactions: GeraldV
I rarely ever draft a QB before the 8/9/10 rounds unless you want Mahomes or whatever it may be, and even then I wouldn’t.

Many times I don’t draft a kicker or D unless I get top 3 in double digit rounds.

I’m all about skill positions, horde them and then trade later for what you need because people will almost always want more skill players due to injury and whatnot.

I don’t think QBs separate that much either are the top 3-5. RB/WR/TEs that get in the end zone in what I look for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT