ADVERTISEMENT

Elzy's cats lose again to lsu

I'd call transy and get that big time coach has not lost a game in two years and hung one last year and may just do it again this year first call I would make
Zero opposition from me with looking at her as a possibility. Gottlieb is already a big time coach that's proven she can win big time at that highest level and recruit at the highest level. Again, might not be able to get her, but that is where I would start.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I'd call transy and get that big time coach has not lost a game in two years and hung one last year and may just do it again this year first call I would make
Womens bball is 90% recruiting. Once you get out of the top 100 gals in high school , the dropoff is tremendous and no way you’d compete in the SEC without 2-3 per yr in top 50-100. I’d make sure the transy coach has the connections and such in the recruiting world . Grand Canyon’s coach is someone they’ll look at

Womens bball is 90% recruiting. Once you get out of the top 100 gals in high school , the dropoff is tremendous and no way you’d compete in the SEC without 2-3 per yr in top 50-100. I’d make sure the transy coach has the connections and such in the recruiting world . Grand Canyon’s coach is someone they’ll look at
Kim Stephens at Marshall is another one to keep an eye on imo.

I am with you on this. She owes a lot to Howard.
The most disturbing parts of her 4 yr tenure are
1) Record since Howard
2) losing not just a lot of transfers ( the #’s are in line with other programs ) , but your best players
You always have to have a net positive with the portal ….you gain more than you lose ..if you lose your quality starters , go get someone else’s.
I’m not sure it’s about diversity , but it was clear it wasn’t going to work even when they extended her , IMO. You could make some argument that they should’ve pulled the plug after last years 12-19 / 2-14 with no quality recruits and losing 2 of top 3 players in portal ( kennedy Cambridge and Jada Walker)

The women's program has officially burnt to the ground. The best girl HS basketball player in the state isn't even considering us. She's either a sophomore or a junior. It's time to move on, bring in new energy, and see if we can get recruiting back to where it needs to be.
The girl from Sacred Heart is the big fish, she is a junior and 2nd in nation, I don't think she is looking at UK.

• Sad
Juli fulks transylvania coach has gone two straight regular seasons undefeated and won the national championship last year in the ncaa 3 she heads into the ncaa ranked #2 and a great chance to win it again I have to believe mitch could get her for the same amount being paid too elzy or maybe less
Yeah I’d give her a shot

As long as she’s not causing trouble, no scandals and the girls like her, I don’t see an issue with her staying. It’s really not a sport a lot of people care about, including myself

If they lose 30 games, no one will really mind. If there’s a scandal, then we’ve got an issue. Just my thoughts
Terrible take

Zero opposition from me with looking at her as a possibility. Gottlieb is already a big time coach that's proven she can win big time at that highest level and recruit at the highest level. Again, might not be able to get her, but that is where I would start.
Check this out juli fulks is holding her opponents to 42.7 pts a game hell call cal and get her on his staff 😀

Last edited:
Once again, another terrible hire and contract extension by Mitch! She won a few easy games as interim, then Mitch signed her to a long term deal then the season went down the drain……she had 1 good weekend (winning the SEC tournament) followed by a first round loss and he extends here AGAIN! Of course, this was with the best player in UK women’s history.

She’s basically had 1 good weekend the entire times she’s been here. Just goes to show how little Mitch cares about winning as long as you’re a nice person.

She's not. I graduated HS with her mom. UK Isn't even listed on her mother's Facebook. Not once.
UK needs a steady stream of solid , top 50-75 players , which they should be able to get and have before. If a stud(ette) in-state comes along ...not from Louisville ..they should be in play there . Check out the pics of renovated memorial …they’re something else

On a side note, it's crazy that Tennessee still hasn't been able to get their women's program going again since Summit.

On a side note, it's crazy that Tennessee still hasn't been able to get their women's program going again since Summit.
I think it’s just that too many programs have invested in women’s bball since UT’s glory days , and the talent has spread out . UCONN has fallen off some also . Lots more games on TV and lots of universities have good coaches and care more about the sport. Tennessee isn’t a recruiting hotbed , and recruiting nationally is a lot harder

Reactions: TM2013
UK needs a steady stream of solid , top 50-75 players , which they should be able to get and have before. If a stud(ette) in-state comes along ...not from Louisville ..they should be in play there . Check out the pics of renovated memorial …they’re something else
For sure, that's what I'm saying there are two other Juniors not from Louisville that should not get out of state.

Reactions: Jjohnb5393
Check this out juli fulks is holding her opponents to 42.7 pts a game hell call cal and get her on his staff 😀
I'd never argue that she's not been successful at the DIII level. My biggest hesitation would be the massive jump from DIII to SEC and her ability to recruit at that level. If you're going to go for a homerun that might be attainable, Gottlieb is the person.

I'd never argue that she's not been successful at the DIII level. My biggest hesitation would be the massive jump from DIII to SEC and her ability to recruit at that level. If you're going to go for a homerun that might be attainable, Gottlieb is the person.
I understand what you're getting at but I will stand by a coach that has not lost a game on the national level in 2 years hung 1 and may do it again back to back you have to be big time to do that I don't care what level you're coaching

I understand what you're getting at but I will stand by a coach that has not lost a game on the national level in 2 years hung 1 and may do it again back to back you have to be big time to do that I don't care what level you're coaching
There are legit issues. But if a womens college coach 2 miles down the road has won 62 stright and a title, if there is change, to not interview her would be ignorant.

Have to be a high level recruiter on the national level if you are going to have a chance to do anything in this conference. Size is always a factor with the better teams. They always have a couple of big talented inside players that can rebound and score inside. And to get that have to be able to recruit everywhere because there is not a ton of that type to go around.

On the coaching part, the players have to like the coach or they leave. The coach has to be a big motivator. And have the x's and o's ability to coach against some of the best there is in the conference. Will take a strong coach to be all that. Can't be middle of the line unless you are content with middle of the pack on a regular basis.

There are legit issues. But if a womens college coach 2 miles down the road has won 62 stright and a title, if there is change, to not interview her would be ignorant.
Risky not having someone that’s been in the high-level recruiting trenches , at least as an assistant . Someone that has the contacts . Transy is like recruiting kids that want to be there because of the academics and happen to be 2nd team all region in basketball…that sort of stuff. The portal even magnifies stuff , because a lot of transfers are kids you recruited , etc. You’d really be better off finding a high school coach that’s won several titles , good x’s and o’s and comes from a school that consistently cranks out top talent , as opposed to d3 college .

Last edited:
I have mentioned it before but for those not aware there are two juniors in KY who are top 10 in the nation and another in the top 25, UK must get these girls, if she can’t get em, fire her ASAP and get somebody who can.
Kentucky not getting those/ right now all we play are Ky kids- so sure she’s tried but the program is the biggest joke in Sec given the name

Elzy just signed a girl from Canada that averages 12 points a game and the only other commit is a project big from Louisville Butler that averages 11 points a game.

• Sad
Elzy just signed a girl from Canada that averages 12 points a game and the only other commit is a project big from Louisville Butler that averages 11 points a game.
Interesting timing. No doubt her meeting with the administration is going to be in the next few days with the SEC tournament likely over for Kentucky on Wednesday, as they play Wednesday morning. A really good class might be the only thing that would save her, but this isn’t it

Imo she’s a diversity hire. I’d rather do diversity hires in sports that no one cares about rather than boys basketball and football. In a perfect world, we’d get the best hire at every job but it doesn’t always work like that.

So in essence, fill the diversity requirements with lesser positions and hire the best of the best in sports people care about (whether they be white or black or man or female)

Again, I have a unique perspective but I know how university hiring works
Not just Universities. When I left Toyota. Every hire was about where you were from. They completely stopped hiring or promoting from within. Sometimes they would create a position because a guy from Zambia applied and they had no one from Zambia. It way crazy. Zero thought to if the guy was qualified. All they seemed to care about was the corporate diversity rankings. Toyota had Zero Recalls to the point where this all began. A recall is now issued about every 3 months. You get what you deserve when you lose your direction of what matters.

Not just Universities. When I left Toyota. Every hire was about where you were from. They completely stopped hiring or promoting from within. Sometimes they would create a position because a guy from Zambia applied and they had no one from Zambia. It way crazy. Zero thought to if the guy was qualified. All they seemed to care about was the corporate diversity rankings. Toyota had Zero Recalls to the point where this all began. A recall is now issued about every 3 months. You get what you deserve when you lose your direction of what matters.
The airlines & air traffic are my biggest worry . Diversify everything , but it’s gotta be the most qualified for that industry …no matter

She rode Rhyne Howard’s talent for 2 years and has been in free fall since.
Cal gets to ride 4-5 Rhyne Howard type talented men’s players every season.
You take that away and you get 9-16.

Mitch, Elzy, and Cal all need to GO, GO, GO!!

• Love
That’s a huge worry since the qualifications to be an airline pilot is race, you should boycott the airlines and just drive.

The ignorance of the people on this board is amazing.
What I’m saying is it’s dumb to announce , or proclaim you want to hire more ( insert race or gender) people …you should just do it . It creates a terrible perception and maybe even pressure on those who hire, etc. Kamala a great example ….they put her in a horrible spot when it was announced a ‘black female ‘ was desired for VP…..then , poof …it happens . Just do it , don’t announce the intentions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT