ADVERTISEMENT

Elzy's cats lose again to lsu

There's no shot she's back, right? I mean if she is Mitch is basically saying he doesn't give a flying f*** about the wbb program.

Matthew Mitchell has to step down 2 weeks before the season starts for health reasons. Left with few options that close to the season Mitch Barnhart hires the lead assistant… for diversity reasons, not because she was the logical hire at the time, but for diversity. LOL at the excuses weak people make for their failures in life.

Matthew Mitchell has to step down 2 weeks before the season starts for health reasons. Left with few options that close to the season Mitch Barnhart hires the lead assistant… for diversity reasons, not because she was the logical hire at the time, but for diversity. LOL at the excuses weak people make for their failures in life.
I don’t think that many people believe she was some sort of diversity hire . If anything, it was more of an emergency at that time .
Race and gender should never be a consideration when hiring or firing , as it should always be the most qualified . In some professions more than others , it’s critical to have the most qualified .
Some feel that DEI pressure on businesses is eroding that concept and causing / forcing hires that more reflect diversity than quality and qualifications . That should never happen , and I don’t think it happened here . With Elzy , most agree it hasn’t worked out , tho

Interesting timing. No doubt her meeting with the administration is going to be in the next few days with the SEC tournament likely over for Kentucky on Wednesday, as they play Wednesday morning. A really good class might be the only thing that would save her, but this isn’t it
Yeah, you would think a coach who should be on the extreme hot seat would be recruiting like crazy to at least show maybe they will be good down the road.

What excuses do your parents make for you?

Risky not having someone that’s been in the high-level recruiting trenches , at least as an assistant . Someone that has the contacts . Transy is like recruiting kids that want to be there because of the academics and happen to be 2nd team all region in basketball…that sort of stuff. The portal even magnifies stuff , because a lot of transfers are kids you recruited , etc. You’d really be better off finding a high school coach that’s won several titles , good x’s and o’s and comes from a school that consistently cranks out top talent , as opposed to d3 college .
This is your belief what you have got to look at is the production cal gets all the best players in the United States and he can't sniff a title juli holds opponents to 42.7 a game and has not lost a game in 2 years and hung one on a national level give me a coach then the players will follow this lady can flat out coach defensive demon

I think it’s just that too many programs have invested in women’s bball since UT’s glory days , and the talent has spread out . UCONN has fallen off some also . Lots more games on TV and lots of universities have good coaches and care more about the sport. Tennessee isn’t a recruiting hotbed , and recruiting nationally is a lot harder
UConn fell off when Geno gave up that team USA gig to the Staley. That’s when UConn’s dominance started going down the drain. Then South Carolina became the IT school!

She rode Rhyne Howard’s talent for 2 years and has been in free fall since.
Cal gets to ride 4-5 Rhyne Howard type talented men’s players every season.
You take that away and you get 9-16.

Mitch, Elzy, and Cal all need to GO, GO, GO!!
Heck even when she had Howard the one year she won the SEC and lost the very first game of the NCAA. Having the first pick in the WNBA you shouldn’t be losing the very first game of the NCAA tournament. What I also find funny is that Howard in her off season doesn’t even come back to UK to help out she goes to Florida like WTF….

Reactions: ukjenning44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT