ADVERTISEMENT

Duquesne coach predicting Ugonna will make a lot of NBA money (Vaught)

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida
“(He’s) gonna make a lot of money (in the NBA),” Dambrot said. “He’s the newfangled (and) that’s kind of what those centers in the NBA look like now. Run, jump, and then he changes the game.”

“We told our guys if you’re not 100 percent shooting don’t shoot it because it’s coming back at you. And that’s just like a turnover really. I hope (Kentucky can) keep him a while, it won’t be easy.“

The comments by Dambrot, Onyenso said, won’t impact his daily approach and will strive to get better as the season progresses.

“It doesn’t change anything,” Onyenso said. “I just keep staying focused and I’m just working on my craft, trying to improve every day. When the time comes, I’ll make the money. But for now, all I’m focused on is improving my game offensively and also building my confidence.”

Am I remembering correctly that he can't enter NBA draft next year (age)? Or can he because he is international player?

I’m hoping Cal keeps him on the bench to ensure he comes back next year. Play him like 5-8 minutes a game. Collins and Oscar both in front of him.

We need to see more from him.. more minutes for an entire game, and more of what he can do against better competition.

But he's showing that he could.. could.. be right there with Anthony Davis and Nerlens Noel (already much more polished offensively than the latter).

My prediction is that as the season goes on, he gets more and more minites, especially as Oscar gets some breaks, and he plays himself into the lottery. 7 feet tall with a 7-5 wingspan, already 240lbs. He's the shot blocking center that every NBA team will covet.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT