ADVERTISEMENT

Drew to UK?

I can get on board with Drew. But I’m sure he has been on Mitch’s short list for a while and had an offer prepared just for this circumstance.

Mitch screws the pooch again. And I thought he’d never top Billy Clyde Gillispie. But this might —same prickly, irritating demeanor. 19 out of 20 seasons out before the Sweet 16. He’ll be crushed by Kentucky.

Anybody who thinks this is an upgrade is delusional.

Last edited:
LOL that’s the best you got “is suck it up”? Oh we’re gonna be sucking it up alright just like we already have been here lately.
What choice do we have? Hmm?

It's either take the safe hire in Drew or risk it on an unknown.

Cal has screwed us for the last time Thank God.

Do not understand the hatred for Drew. He is a definite upgrade over Cal and lifted the Baylor program from ashes.
It’s the flavor of the month. Who is winning now. Oats just went the final four and being in the SEC everyone knows him. Drew isnt as popular.

Drew is a damn good coach. Baylor was a cesspool when he went there. He currently has the #3 recruiting class in the nation and he could most likely bring those recruits to UK.
He isn’t a left winger and that’s why the Cal kissers don’t want him. All the more reason to hire him. Hopefully the Cal boys move to the Arkansas board so we can have normalcy here again

As I've said for months, I'm not as opposed to Drew as others here but his recent tournament resume of getting knocked out in the first weekend isn't going to cut it here. His loss in the tournament this year to Clemson downgraded him in my eyes but it's not a terrible hire versus other options.

Wow. Amazing the bipolar craziness on this board. Drew may or may not be the home run hire. But he took Baylor out of the ashes and won a title there. Baylor had done nothing, ziltch in what 50 years?! Don't tell me about how long he took to do it or what his winning % was for the duration. They were graveyard material when he took over. What he did was nothing short of phenomenal. Good grief.

If we have approached all of the home runs—Hurley, Oats, Donovan—and been turned down, I could live with Drew. I do think that Pearl has the better personality for the job and his lack of a title would have him energized as ever, but Drew would be solid.

If I’m honest, I would def take Donovan over Drew, but Donovan has been out of the college game for awhile. This new landscape with NiL and portal may be harder for him to navigate. Just doesn’t seem like any of the nba guys wanna mess with college and the year round grind. Don’t blame them.

Edit to add—I can’t stand Pearl. But, a part of me thinks he could kill it here for 5 years or so.

Reactions: sdryan2
Mitch screws the pooch again. And I thought he’d never top Billy Clyde Gillispie. But this might —sane prickly, irritating demeanor. He’ll be crushed by Kentucky.

I will not use the over the top word delusional, but those thinking Wright, Stevens, etc were sadly misled. They were never coming.

As I've said for months, I'm not as opposed to Drew as others here but his recent tournament resume of getting knocked out in the first weekend isn't going to cut it here. His loss in the tournament this year to Clemson downgraded him in my eyes but it's not a terrible hire versus other options.
Drew can't handle this job. He's done a real good job of building Baylor but he simply doesn't have the charisma to embrace everything this job requires. It's over his head.

Mitch screws the pooch again. And I thought he’d never top Billy Clyde Gillispie. But this might —sane prickly, irritating demeanor. He’ll be crushed by Kentucky.

I'm no Mitch fan but he's had less than 24 hours. How the hell has he "screwed the pooch"? Now if he goes and hires Shaka Smart, then yeah, that's screwing the pooch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT