ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Norlander says Drew passed on UK offer

Money/accounting... You could possibly get Drew for much less than you could Hurley.

But you'd prefer to spend 8M per year rather than 10-11M.
I think ole Mr back to back is worth the extra 3 mil .... pocket change .. lol

When I Read that his wife was very introverted I kinda wondered if this was the right fit. Don’t think this was something they were built for as a family. Basketball would’ve been fine.

It’s a historically good program. Historically being the key word. Top coaches don’t want to have to deal with what Cal had to deal with from a fan base. So why would they leave a good situation for that ?
That’s not what I asked, but thanks

It seems increasingly clear that we're going to have to *buy* a coach, right? I don't think UK is the destination it once was - guys clamoring to be here. Guys campaigning for the UK job.

Seems like now we're going to HAVE to make someone the highest paid coach in college athletics. Not by choice, not by prestige - but by necessity (don't want to use "last resort" as a phrase here).

This isn't necessarily a strong criticism, but I do think it shows how people/coaches/agents outside the state of Kentucky/BBN view the program right now
True. I love UK but we all have to realize that over the last 25 years we have won 1 championship. UCONN has won 6. UNC, Duke ,Villanova and Kansas have won 2 or 3.

True. I love UK but we all have to realize that over the last 25 years we have won 1 championship. UCONN has won 6. UNC, Duke ,Villanova and Kansas have won 2 or 3.

UConn was given one of ours by the officiating, and Cal and the officials forked over the other shots we had, but yeah.

And.... the others are catching up, but still haven't caught us. Doesn't mean sht unless you are wearing 1 inch thick lenses

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
UConn was given one of ours by the officiating, and Cal and the officials forked over the other shots we had, but yeah.

And.... the others are catching up, but still haven't caught us. Doesn't mean sht unless you are wearing 1 inch thick lenses
I think it does mean shit. The last 25 years means a lot. We got our Blue Blood status during the first 25 years but that's been over 65 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
I think it does mean shit. The last 25 years means a lot. We got our Blue Blood status during the first 25 years but that's been over 65 years ago.

3 titles in a 17 year span 96-2012. 7 FF in the same period... You remember those? Not that long ago...?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT