ADVERTISEMENT

Does Newman's dad REALLY believe this:

gracetoyou

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Here's his own words:

“From what I heard [Howland] has just as many players in the NBA as [Kentucky coach John Calipari] Cal does,” Webster told The Clarion-Ledger. “The fact that he went to three straight Final Fours, that in itself speaks volumes. Mississippi State wasn’t far off. I think if Coach [Rick] Ray would have been there another year they might have made it with the juniors and seniors they have.

I really think they believe that with Howland & now Newman they are a final 4 contender.

I'm not bashing...I just cannot believe folks would seriously fall for that.

Reactions: liveblue92
Here's his own words:

“From what I heard [Howland] has just as many players in the NBA as [Kentucky coach John Calipari] Cal does,” Webster told The Clarion-Ledger. “The fact that he went to three straight Final Fours, that in itself speaks volumes. Mississippi State wasn’t far off. I think if Coach [Rick] Ray would have been there another year they might have made it with the juniors and seniors they have.

I really think they believe that with Howland & now Newman they are a final 4 contender.

I'm not bashing...I just cannot believe folks would seriously fall for that.
This is bull.. Msu will be terrible next year. Go to Msu and jack 30 shots a game and let the chips fall where they fall. He can average 17 points a game. Msu will be something like 15-17.

funny-dumb-people-16.jpg

I've said it over and over in the "DID THE PLATUNES HURT CROOTIN?" and other threads questioning Cal, but if kids and their parents are going to have this mindset or believe things like that, there's nothing he can do.

Compared to this list for Calipari
NBA players coached
UMass
Memphis
Kentucky

Don't want anyone on our team that dumb

I didn't realize that Newman's dad still had eligibility. So dumb lol.
It's a little surprising to see some people not knowing why Newman's dad may be a Mississippi State homer.

Well MR. Webster if Malik comes to Kentucky, he will have a chance to play for the national championship, if he don't come to Kentucky, we will still have a chance to play for the national championship.

As a MSU alum, Mr. Webster has been suffering for years. I believe the suffering will continue because one player will not make them a contender in the SEC. If Marshall Henderson couldn't do it, Newman isn't doing it either.

I really wanted Newman--bc he's a freaking scoring machine--but I don't think there is any chance he leads Mississippi State to a Final Four. However, I do think Newman is pretty damn good, and good enough to possibly lead MSU to a Sweet 16, very slim possibility IMO though.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
As a MSU alum, Mr. Webster has been suffering for years. I believe the suffering will continue because one player will not make them a contender in the SEC. If Marshall Henderson couldn't do it, Newman isn't doing it either.
Newman is a lot better than Henderson. But still even can't win the SEC for them.

It's crazy...Miss St. is about to land their highest ranked recruit maybe ever. But if you check miss st sports guts twitters there is nothing but football tweets. I found one tweet regarding a Newman & no one even responded.

I could seriously see tomorrow being a "who cares" event for most of that fanbase. Some will probaby even ask Malik who? That's probably why it's private because bulldog fans could care less.

The good news is, Newman will likely be coming to Lexington, where he will get booed out of the arena and lose (probably badly). Not that I wish ill-will against him, but it will be a direct reflection of his decision.

Newman wants to be "the man"... He can't possibly care about winning because Miss. St is going to be terrible even with him.

That's why I loved the platoon system. Weeds out potential scenarios like this. If Newman DOES choose state for things like this we didn't want him anyway. I'd rather have the ulis and Matthews and Lee's of the world who want to do what they can to support the team. If he picks us then we'll just pretend he never said that

You can't fix stupid. Clearly they are delusional if they think MSU has a chance at a SEC Tourney Final Four, or even a NIT Final Four next season. They could have a one shining moment in the CBI or CIT though if they are man enough to accept a bid to whichever one of those lets power 5 teams in it. I know one does not.

It is inconceivable that Newman will choose MSU over Kentucky. I think his decision tomorrow will be UK.

I hope no one is upset when newman picks msu. May not be a banner year, it may (probably will), but that guy sounds like a cancer and that's most likely why he's going elsewhere.

Blows me away that Howland had Jrue Holliday, Michael Westbrook, and Kevin Love on the same final four team and couldn't get to the championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT