ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think any current UK players or coaches read this board?

I often wonder how many new posters come on rivals. I feel like they're a ton of competition now compared to 2003 when I joined. I really doubt the players come in here. Maybe reddit, but not here.

I highly doubt players read message boards. Most of them probably don't even know what a message board is. They stick to X and things like that. Parnets on the other hand, are in the demographic that grew up with message boards. I always think about if I was a parent, id I'd be able to stay away from here.

I know for a fact multiple football parents are on KSR+ board.

USC o-line transfer...forget his name and new QB dad are both on that board. They've posted, answered questions, etc.

Of course. Why do you think Cal is so butthurt toward the fans all the time? Do you really think he deigns to come down from his throne and be among the peasants? Please.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Some rumors are a few of them do.

DNvbzzY.jpg
This is obviously photoshopped...no self respecting Italian eats Papa Johns

Of course. Why do you think Cal is so butthurt toward the fans all the time? Do you really think he deigns to come down from his throne and be among the peasants? Please.
When has Cal been anything but respectful to fans?

Cal is a great ambassador for UK and the entire state.

He works tirelessly to raise money and awareness for natural disasters in the state and world.

Even if one hates Cal’s coaching they would be hard pressed to find anything wrong with how he conducts himself away from the sidelines.

There are a few miserable people that are hate filled and just want to be offended by Cal.

They all just happen to post here.

Reactions: maxp12 and grevey35
I think I would just for the sheer amusement and insanity of it all. If you don't take things too seriously, it can be quite entertaining.
I doubt it, maybe a player’s family or someone in the athletic department. I highly doubt most of them have time to read or even think about it, nor care.

I don't get the Rex hate. Sure, he had a substance abuse issue that took him to a bad place and he did bad things. He paid his debt. He has told the truth about what happened while he was here. He was a great player here. Why doesn't Richie get the same hate? He served more time in prison than Rex did.
I respect your opinion. It's not the substance abuse issue or any one thing for me and I don't hate Rex at all. I just don't care for ppl who are starters of shit. Actually I used to love Rex. He shit talked MJ!

He just goes out his way to throw a shot at UK any chance he gets. When he was gettin sober and goin through an embarrassing time he showed back up to where he was loved and got back on the bandwagon on countdown to tipoff show on the UK BB network and acted excited to be back but once he left thats when he reverted back to slinging racism shit again via Twitter. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was his first time but he done did an article in SI. If we didn't already have the past thrown up in our face enough about Rupp and then Rex throwing gas on the fire still talking about shit that went on 35+ years ago repeatedly..kinda a bitch move.

I can't remember if it was RR or if someone sent me screenshots of Rexs Twitter from 2-3 yrs back but he just randomly starts tweeting unprompted about how at UK he would have to go with black teammates to visit there gfs home and act like he was the boyfriend for the weekend so the father's wouldn't flip their daughter.

I'm sure he prob telling 100% truth but if it bothered him that bad he shouldn't have come back to work for the UK-BBNW If it hurt him so much he just couldn't cope. Is what makes it worse IMO is that he just randomly dug it all back up jus because he was bored I assume.

Kenny Walker was here around that time. He was fine with how things went. He even said leave the Rupp Arena name alone, as did Goose but Rex....it's Rex Chapman is the one thats life was almost snuffed out because some drunk coach not even from the state of KY allegedly said something about RACE 35+ yrs ago 😂😭😭🤏. He's a lil bitch. He could ball though.

2 of our top 3 scorers which are both great dudes who played here and were black never had a problem with it at all. Kevin Grevey introduced Goose to his wife and she's a white woman. Thank God nobody made Goose break up wit her or didn't go throw them under the bus and he's still married to her all these years later. What a couple. I'm glad we had dudes like Givens and Walker speaking out positive things about the program when it's important that they don't even have to do with it comes to race. Yet Rex always seems to have trouble finding the good in us except when he gets caught stealing and needs get paid.

But you're right Richie is very deserving of the fan hate and he gets plenty of it. Rex is a dick to fans. I've never seen Richie treat fans like shit but I've heard stories and I don't just like to go on that unless I've encountered it personally. Rex played in a barnstorming tour with the Unforgettables and Reggie Hanson and everyone could sign something for a kid including Reggie. Rex wouldn't. He didn't have 10 mins to sign shit for some young kid and it wasn't in front of everyone in the gym. It's fine though. That part not illegal. He paid his debt to society but if he needs bring the past up to remind fans of unpleasant times all the time then maybe fans need remind him not to not forget not to steal anymore.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I respect your opinion. It's not the substance abuse issue or any one thing for me and I don't hate Rex at all. I just don't care for ppl who are starters of shit. Actually I used to love Rex. He shit talked MJ!

He just goes out his way to throw a shot at UK any chance he gets. When he was gettin sober and goin through an embarrassing time he showed back up to where he was loved and got back on the bandwagon on countdown to tipoff show on the UK BB network and acted excited to be back but once he left thats when he reverted back to slinging racism shit again via Twitter. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was his first time but he done did an article in SI. If we didn't already have the past thrown up in our face enough about Rupp and then Rex throwing gas on the fire still talking about shit that went on 35+ years ago repeatedly..kinda a bitch move.

I can't remember if it was RR or if someone sent me screenshots of Rexs Twitter from 2-3 yrs back but he just randomly starts tweeting unprompted about how at UK he would have to go with black teammates to visit there gfs home and act like he was the boyfriend for the weekend so the father's wouldn't flip their daughter.

I'm sure he prob telling 100% truth but if it bothered him that bad he shouldn't have come back to work for the UK-BBNW If it hurt him so much he just couldn't cope. Is what makes it worse IMO is that he just randomly dug it all back up jus because he was bored I assume.

Kenny Walker was here around that time. He was fine with how things went. He even said leave the Rupp Arena name alone, as did Goose but Rex....it's Rex Chapman is the one thats life was almost snuffed out because some drunk coach not even from the state of KY allegedly said something about RACE 35+ yrs ago 😂😭😭🤏. He's a lil bitch. He could ball though.

2 of our top 3 scorers which are both great dudes who played here and were black never had a problem with it at all. Kevin Grevey introduced Goose to his wife and she's a white woman. Thank God nobody made Goose break up wit her or didn't go throw them under the bus and he's still married to her all these years later. What a couple. I'm glad we had dudes like Givens and Walker speaking out positive things about the program when it's important that they don't even have to do with it comes to race. Yet Rex always seems to have trouble finding the good in us except when he gets caught stealing and needs get paid.

But you're right Richie is very deserving of the fan hate and he gets plenty of it. Rex is a dick to fans. I've never seen Richie treat fans like shit but I've heard stories and I don't just like to go on that unless I've encountered it personally. Rex played in a barnstorming tour with the Unforgettables and Reggie Hanson and everyone could sign something for a kid including Reggie. Rex wouldn't. He didn't have 10 mins to sign shit for some young kid and it wasn't in front of everyone in the gym. It's fine though. That part not illegal. He paid his debt to society but if he needs bring the past up to remind fans of unpleasant times all the time then maybe fans need remind him not to not forget not to steal anymore.
I think King Rex stole your girl.

I think psychology professors and grad students would be more likely to read this board. I'd imagine it would make for a good master's thesis.

I’m gonna give it a zero point zero chance Calipari is reading Rupp Rafters or cares about the takes of randos on it.

And he shouldn’t.

Reactions: maxp12
Well, I think that probably all of them can read and some are likely basketball fans so it doesn't sound crazy to me. But I am not quite sane...

The message board community is a fringe community. Pretty much everyone here is 30 or older. Young people read twitter. Young people who like bewbs read reddit and that’s the closest thing to a message board they know.

UK does have people read the boards. I have a nephew that was a manager on the football team his freshman year. I posted on the football board that info and said I've asked him to get me a bunch of UK gear extra large, joking of course.
His first meeting, the head manager came in and said, "OK who's got an Uncle Ollie on the message boards that thinks he's getting free $hit?" He said he just slumped down in his chair. We laugh about it all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT