ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think any current UK players or coaches read this board?

I highly doubt players read message boards. Most of them probably don't even know what a message board is. They stick to X and things like that. Parnets on the other hand, are in the demographic that grew up with message boards. I always think about if I was a parent, id I'd be able to stay away from here.

I am certain some players end up reading (although most likely only when something gets linked from social media) and that Cal has people who monitor it and give him details. In the past I know players who were active on the forum at the time they were playing, but that was decades ago.

Pretty sure at least one poster has been a player in the past 10 years.......

But yea, Im sure they read threads from time to time. Of course they do. I mean, if you're a recruit and a guy from Rivals is interviewing you, you'd probably be curious about the article or your ranking and eventually find yourself here..

I don't think UK fans on this board are that unlike the rest of the internet social media either. That's not necessarily a good thing, But there are just more of us when it comes to basketball.

Reactions: bigbluelou
Former players? Certainly. I believe several have even identified themselves.

Current players? Not sure but doubt it bc all the other stuff like IG, X and Tik Tok

And Rex, if you're reading this now, I apologize for my "Apple" comment in the other thread. You are one of my biggest UK heroes, and I'm only a couple years older than you. :-D
He should've had to sell $14,000 worth of Caramel Apple product at Country Fair around Kentucky to work off that restitution and fines for stealing all that Apple merchandise. Except it happened In Arizona and not Ky so it couldn't go down like that. But I'd like see Rex come thru hollering get yr Apples! Candy Apple! Don't have to charge this Apple!

But Rex just thinks we don't like him cuz he black. He thinks everyone got something against him just cause he's black 😂. Hell alot of us didn't even know til years after he played here.

He had such a pretty game though and ya wanna love a guy like that but then find out how much he really just can't stand the fans or Kentucky people unless he is just finding a way to use us to get paid or cash in somehow and that puts him on traitor level for me.

He makes it seem like UK is only place this stuff ever happened to players or ppl in general at. I've never heard of him once come at it from the other angle. And it wouldn't even be a problem except he pokes that race bs every chance he gets.

Last edited:
He should've had to sell $14,000 worth of Caramel Apple products 🍎🍏 at Country Fairs around Kentucky to work off that restitution and fines. Except that it happened In Arizona so it couldn't go down like that. I'd like see ole Rex come thru hollering get ya Apples! Candy Apples anybody wanna Apple?! Don't have to charge this Apple!

He probably wouldn't be able to do the job tho without having to get on Social media and blame it all on UK fans that he couldnt sell no apples because Caramel is brown or something along those lines. He thinks everyone got something against him just cause he's black 😂. Hell alot of us didn't even know til years after he played here.

He had such a pretty game though and ya wanna love a guy like that but then find out how much he really just can't stand the fans or Kentucky people unless he is just finding a way to use it to get paid or cash in somehow and that puts him on traitor level for me.

He makes it seem like UK is only place that ever happened at or that the whole debate goes both ways. I've never heard of him once come at it from the other angle. And it wouldn't even be a problem except he pokes that race bs every chance he gets. He just seems like an ol kiss ass or something.

If anyone knows of a state I can move to that don't have a racist person in it though let me know and I'll put a For Sale sign up move today.
Once again, I find myself needing a translator.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueWhite21
Once again, I find myself needing a translator.
Yeah I went overboard a lil bit but some will get it and some won't. In the first part I was referring to him stealing when he was caught stealing Apple products from an apple store and then tryin sell Apple 🍏 products at a pawn shop and I said he'd should had to done some community service selling caramel apples at a fair for his community service for that $14,000 worth of shit he stole from Apple.

Then I mention that shit he always bringing up about his time at UK and how he was treated so wrong. And how bad it was for poor ol Rex and I was just being sarcastic but it's just pretty much saying Rex is whiny little bitch who just don't seem to care for UK and KY ppl in general unless he trying to promote his name, but if he was more cool he'd be one of my all time fav players because he had the game. One of the first guys I remember too. So anyways. Sorry about that.

Reactions: sk73
Some rumors are a few of them do.

DNvbzzY.jpg

I know three former players that not only read here but post here. All were great players. One has been mentioned - the other two would probably never be guessed.

As for current players / no idea.

As for Cal - he had a guy that did read here and report back. That was a while ago and that guy is gone for a while now; and did not leave happily. He wasn’t a coach, but just someone who worked in the program and with the team. I know this because I am friends with his really good friend. Hope that makes sense. Reason Cal had this guy reading here - there was some recruiting info that leaked; info that was sensitive.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
I think I would just for the sheer amusement and insanity of it all. If you don't take things too seriously, it can be quite entertaining.
I think so, I have offered advice about players, coaching, shooting and officiating. I think some were improved because they read my posts!

Reactions: bigbluelou
Yeah I went overboard a lil bit but some will get it and some won't. In the first part I was referring to him stealing when he was caught stealing Apple products from an apple store and then tryin sell Apple 🍏 products at a pawn shop and I said he'd should had to done some community service selling caramel apples at a fair for his community service for that $14,000 worth of shit he stole from Apple.

Then I mention that shit he always bringing up about his time at UK and how he was treated so wrong. And how bad it was for poor ol Rex and I was just being sarcastic but it's just pretty much saying Rex is whiny little bitch who just don't seem to care for UK and KY ppl in general unless he trying to promote his name, but if he was more cool he'd be one of my all time fav players because he had the game. One of the first guys I remember too. So anyways. Sorry about that.
I don't get the Rex hate. Sure, he had a substance abuse issue that took him to a bad place and he did bad things. He paid his debt. He has told the truth about what happened while he was here. He was a great player here. Why doesn't Richie get the same hate? He served more time in prison than Rex did.

I don't get the Rex hate. Sure, he had a substance abuse issue that took him to a bad place and he did bad things. He paid his debt. He has told the truth about what happened while he was here. He was a great player here. Why doesn't Richie get the same hate? He served more time in prison than Rex did.
The fact that these sentences even have to be written is sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT