ADVERTISEMENT

Do you still regularly see folks in face masks where you live/work?

Just might be more comfortable. I mean it was in the singles and negatives for a week when I was visiting in January. That seems worth a $20 scarf rather than a re-breathed (made that up) hospitable mask. 🤷‍♂️

I still see a few and until very recently still didn’t care. But, I have realized, thanks to this thread, that I was wrong.

Someone made a personal choice different than mine, and I should probably call them names and bring up politics like a normal person would!! Thanks, this thread, for showing me how to American.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
See the occasional idiot in a car by themselves with masks on. Just stop it. Your virtue signaling is overplayed. Funny how we NEVER saw this here before covid. Living in fear is a hell of a thing and I question the mental health of those people.

The pro-mask, pro-vaccine, pro-fear argument summarized in one brilliant piece of parody. Well done!
I’m pro stop crying about other people wearing masks. It has zero effect on you yet you melt down about it. Sums up what kind of person you are.

Oh but pro vaccine BS,l when not a word was said about vaccines. WTH does that have to with people wearing masks to protect themselves, their family, or feel more comfortable? Any nonsense to defend y’all’s trashy behavior.

I am still going thru cancer treatments. I'm in an infusion room once a month full of mostly older patients along with the other aspects I deal with thru Dr visits etc. Long story short I rarely see anyone wearing them. In places you would think you would see it as a common practice. No one wears them. Maybe 1 in 50 I see.

My docs tell me they wear them if it's requested.

20141002-SIERRALEONE-slide-QZ5X-superJumbo.jpg

It's wild that an Ebola hospital in Africa, they don't just wear a little cloth mask. I wonder why? It's almost like if you are really afraid of the disease that you'd do ^^^^^ instead of just

OIP.wFKQrnA2OaVHx5OsK3IM9AHaJW

Reactions: Spica Orbit
I didn't read all of this thread, but just in case that this hasn't been said:

If you are feeling ill and you want to reduce the chance of you spreading the illness then put on a cloth/paper mask when going out in public. That is the purpose of thos types of masks.

If you have a health condition where you are concerned about contracting a disease from someone else when you go out in public then wear an n-95.

It has been common in Asian countries to wear masks for decades because they are being courteous and not wanting to spread their germs. Not because they are concerned about contracting something themselves.

I will give as much flak for people wearing them as I witnessed given to those for not wearing them. By my calculations that will require the rest of my lifetime of calling people poosies for wearing one to equal what we endured with the sanctimonious bunch during the actual time of peak covid.

• Haha
Reactions: hmt5000 and JDHoss
I'm always going to be in "who cares?" mode on this subject. If you're triggered in 2024 by seeing some random in a mask then that's a you problem and I can't imagine you live a very happy life. Some have health issues and may feel that mask gives them added protection. Maybe you disagree, that's fine. If I find myself in 15 degree weather clearing snow, I'm probably going to wear a mask I saved since that's added warmth. I've done it before and it helped. If you ride by and want to assume I'm a woke libtard sheep, I mean, okay I guess. I live a normal life so this stuff does not bother me or trigger me. I have no idea why it would anyone else. Anti-mask people want us to move on with our lives...but they're the ones getting upset if they see one person in society wearing a mask now. It's just absurd we've put this much energy and emotion into this.
Before we moved to Florida, we had Under Armor Cold Gear masks that covered our face, ears and neck worked great if you're out in the cold for any length of time. We had them on at a state semifinal game between Bell Co and Boyle Co where it was in the upper 20s and stayed warm. An added benefit was a boy who looked to be maybe 5 that was sitting in front of us with his dad. The kid kept looking back at us with wide eyes and trying to get his dad's attention. He whispered something to his dad, and dad turned around and said, "he thinks you two are ninjas." We pulled the face part down to show him our face, but he'd still turn around every few minutes and grin at us.

I didn't read all of this thread, but just in case that this hasn't been said:

If you are feeling ill and you want to reduce the chance of you spreading the illness then put on a cloth/paper mask when going out in public. That is the purpose of thos types of masks.

If you have a health condition where you are concerned about contracting a disease from someone else when you go out in public then wear an n-95.

It has been common in Asian countries to wear masks for decades because they are being courteous and not wanting to spread their germs. Not because they are concerned about contracting something themselves.
Or just stay the f*ck home.

Yes. I regularly see folks in face masks … and I never give it the first thought, nor do I see any reason to care.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYExtemper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT