ADVERTISEMENT

Do you still regularly see folks in face masks where you live/work?

UK till Death

Senior
Dec 21, 2012
Very rarely for me, but I'm not in a big metro area.

Curious about others' experiences... there were comments on a national news article and many people in the comments reported still seeing lots of folks masking. I do not.

I live outside Denver and see a few masks, usually older people. Overall, I don’t really see them too much anymore.

Reactions: UK till Death
I would say yes

My doctor appointments they do (not sure why)
Maintenance lady at work (maybe she was sick?)
Random people at grocery store

I feel like there is a segment that always will or at least for the foreseeable future

No, but I personally don't understand the contempt some online have if someone wants to wear a mask occasionally. Have I seen a few in the past wearing them while driving? Yes, and that's odd, but again, I don't really give it a second thought. I certainly wouldn't run to the internet to put a stranger on blast for it either. I've got my own life to live rather than worrying about others who still want to mask. Their decision. My decision was to move on with my life.

No, but I personally don't understand the contempt some online have if someone wants to wear a mask occasionally. Have I seen a few in the past wearing them while driving? Yes, and that's odd, but again, I don't really give it a second thought. I certainly wouldn't run to the internet to put a stranger on blast for it either. I've got my own life to live rather than worrying about others who still want to mask. Their decision. My decision was to move on with my life.
Exactly, which is what most of us said from the beginning. If you're fat, old, and compromised stay out of the way. The rest of us are moving on with our life...but some of you got this idea we could make things vanish completely or no one would get sick and get over it...then tried to shame everyone and bar them from society.

Exactly, which is what most of us said from the beginning. If you're fat, old, and compromised stay out of the way. The rest of us are moving on with our life...but some of you got this idea we could make things vanish completely or no one would get sick and get over it...then tried to shame everyone and bar them from society.
You're doing the thing I've actually been guilty of in the past, which is taking someone's post and using it as a springboard for a mini-rant. I'm not sure anyone has ever said "if you wear this mask, COVID will vanish and you will not get sick." To me, it's done and over with. We want to talk of how strong we are as Americans but then whined about masks for what, three years now? I wasn't mentally scarred or felt oppressed wearing one and with a few months left in 2023, I'm not going to focus on masks, who is wearing them, and why are they wearing them. I'd encourage everyone to do the same at this point.

Honest to god, with everything this country has been through since 2001, masks aren't even a blip on the radar for me.

If im being honest I do hold some contempt (or more benignly I internally roll my eyes) when I see people wearing cloth or paper masks. If they are wearing an N95 I assume they have a health condition and try not to judge. I think it just had to do with the experience we went through. I remember taking my 2.5 year old daughter to the Disney store and her not being let in because she wouldn’t stop playing with the mask they gave her and her ensuing meltdown. I know that sounds incredibly stupid but it was one of 100 examples of the nonsense forced on us. Just this morning funny enough at Starbucks one of the girls working was no older than 20 and half assed under her nose wearing a paper mask and I just couldn’t help but judge her very negatively. I don’t want to, and it’s getting better, but I still have some PTSD associated with it. Luckily we’ve for the most part moved on from the insanity.

If im being honest I do hold some contempt (or more benignly I internally roll my eyes) when I see people wearing cloth or paper masks. If they are wearing an N95 I assume they have a health condition and try not to judge. I think it just had to do with the experience we went through. I remember taking my 2.5 year old daughter to the Disney store and her not being let in because she wouldn’t stop playing with the mask they gave her and her ensuing meltdown. I know that sounds incredibly stupid but it was one of 100 examples of the nonsense forced on us. Just this morning funny enough at Starbucks one of the girls working was no older than 20 and half assed under her nose wearing a paper mask and I just couldn’t help but judge her very negatively. I don’t want to, and it’s getting better, but I still have some PTSD associated with it. Luckily we’ve for the most part moved on from the insanity.
The damage they’re doing by wearing a mask is unspeakable. I see why you hold them in contempt. There’s a special place in hell for these evil mask wearers.

I live in the suburbs on the west side of Evansville, and I might see one or two people wearing masks when I go out. Just got back from grocery shopping at Walmart and a cashier was wearing a mask, and that was the only one I saw.

Even my doctors and dentist offices in the past 6-8 months have dropped the mask requirement.

Reactions: roguemocha
^not sure if serious or sarcastic, articulate better please or don’t make poor attempts at jokes…

This was aimed 3 posts up at magilla just fyi.

If you’re still advocating masks you sir are touching stupid. We never needed them and def don’t now.

Last edited:
I saw a guy wearing his seatbelt the other day. It hurt me as bad as these evil mask wearers.
“With a mortality rate of 47% for those who choose not to, wearing a seatbelt is absolutely critical to driver and passenger safety.”

Covid less than 1%.

GREAT COMPARISON!

You’re only hurting your own argument with dumb shit like this.

I saw a guy wearing his seatbelt the other day. It hurt me as bad as these evil mask wearers.

I actually would like to thank you for inadvertently proving my point. When I see a post like yours, comparing the efficacy of seatbelt use to making a 3 year old wear a cloth mask my mind goes to a bad place. I start to think this person probably supported children not going to school, firing young healthy people for not getting vaccinated, maybe he was even one of those ugly people that would say “told ya so!” when an unvaccinated person died. It was a very ugly time in this country, and a lot of it was the way people attacked others for not complying with nonsense. So if I see a 20 year old half wearing a paper mask at Starbucks I think “WTF is this idiot even doing?!” And then I start to think “This girl was probably one of those people accusing people of being a grandma killer and wanting to mask my 4 year old at school”. I cant help it, I just do, and I would never admit it outside of this anonymous MB. It’s the same thoughts I had when I read your post. I know I’m probably a weirdo but just being honest that’s what goes through my head. Hopefully as time marches on all our feelings will continue to dull.

Very rarely for me, but I'm not in a big metro area.

Curious about others' experiences... there were comments on a national news article and many people in the comments reported still seeing lots of folks masking. I do not.
Still do especiallyat grocery and Dr. My PC still wears one. Saw a lady driving alone in an suv this week wearing one.

Last edited:
If there’s a place that requires them now (MD office did until a month or two ago) I’d say sorry I haven’t owned one in over a year.

If they don’t have one for me I say okay, bye.

Or sorry I’m from south Florida, we only did that for a few weeks…

“With a mortality rate of 47% for those who choose not to, wearing a seatbelt is absolutely critical to driver and passenger safety.”

Covid less than 1%.

GREAT COMPARISON!

You’re only hurting your own argument with dumb shit like this.
Lol Magilla is not allowed to think on his own so no researching on his own to make a decision on his own. Magilla does whatever the government tells him to do. And is a great mouthpiece for the government who will repeat their lines. Government loves people like him!

Occasionally at the grocery I see some elderly people wearing them.
I see the same thing, more so at the grocery store. Also, people who have tested positive should wear N95 masks for five (5) days after symptoms have ceased as a protocol to help prevent infecting others.
That is my understanding and what my wife and I did for protection of others in public.

Hold on…you’re still currently testing yourself for Covid? Why?
I missed that post but I think everyone has been exposed at least once over by it - I understand the people that people have been told masks help but they are just as likely to come in contact with it by other means such as handles at grocery store etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Get Bucket$
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT