ADVERTISEMENT

Did they let Liam Coen be the Y at the BB game last night ?

Just let it go.
Liam Coen took a job he felt was best for him and his family.

There is a REASON he was trying his hardest to get out of Lexington.

Sometimes a person knows when it is time to cut their losses and leave a situation they think will only grow worse if they stay.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Just let it go.
Liam Coen took a job he felt was best for him and his family.

There is a REASON he was trying his hardest to get out of Lexington.

Sometimes a person knows when it is time to cut their losses and leave a situation they think will only grow worse if they stay.
And sometimes people lie and use everyone and everything they can to get what they want. He not only screwed us once but twice. I will never root for him because I think he is a lying stack of shit who will promise you the moon to get what he wants. Then leave you broken, alone. That’s when he’ll go on his merry way. Fu$k him.

And sometimes people lie and use everyone and everything they can to get what they want. He not only screwed us once but twice. I will never root for him because I think he is a lying stack of shit who will promise you the moon to get what he wants. Then leave you broken, alone. That’s when he’ll go on his merry way. Fu$k him.
You have to take the emotions out of sports.

It is all about the $$$ for coaches, players, ADs, et al.

There is no loyalty in sports other than to the almighty dollar.

That being said, we will probably never know the reason Coen was trying to get out of here as fast as he could.

In this case, I do not think money is the issue.

KSR has an article posing the question of whether 2021 success was really due t Coen or due to the great players we had on that team. Convinced me it was the players, particularly after this past year. Advise reading it.

KSR has an article posing the question of whether 2021 success was really due t Coen or due to the great players we had on that team. Convinced me it was the players, particularly after this past year. Advise reading it.
I'll read it, but Saturday Down South had an article comparing our 2020 and 2022 numbers to our 2021 and 2023 numbers and the gist was, we are screwed (granted, a good replacementcould alleviate any drop off). It's not making me any happier that Coen left.

Huh?

Does this message board exist if you take the emotions out of sports? Who shows up for sporting events if emotions are removed? Statisticians?
I am talking about becoming emotionally attached to these coaches and players who don't GAF about the fans.

I am not talking about cheering and being FANatical about the games or your team.

So he can return again? Again?

So... Is Marrow dipping? White? The heralded new WR coach?
Did Wolford come back?
I wouldn't hire him back, but I have nothing to do with the hiring and firing of coaches. And neither do you.

If I did have that in my power we would have a new AD tonight and he would be looking to hire a new HC in football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, and probably softball given the recent trend of that program.

But that's just me.

If 3 years from now Coen is the best available coach out there and we need a coach, are you telling me you wouldn't hire him because he left here for a better opportunity??

If so, you are one of those one of those fans emotionally attached to a coach you don't even know.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Stay at your current employer forever. Don't leave to get what you want to be happy...you must make sure everyone else is happy

Reactions: cathouse
Stay at your current employer forever. Don't leave to get what you want to be happy...you must make sure everyone else is happy
No but there is a proper way to handle situations.
He lied to current players and recruits and told them he was staying.
Said he wanted to put down roots. OK

Every coach lies to recruits, players, etc. until he leaves. Even Coach K who took a year long retirement tour lied to his sophomores, underclass recruits and so forth. In the support staff you either have young, eager to advance young coaches or the older, assistant to someone for years or a failed somewhere else Coach. The problem now centers on how recruits develop a relationship to the assistant who recruited them and then throw in the ever present transfer portal. College football and basketball have become crazy in the difficulty in developing a roster for one year and forget developing a program. The rich schools will do ok. UK will struggle, particularly in football because of the numbers. Coal money is no longer available and there is really nothing in this state to replace it. Poor school in a poor state.

I feel this. I really rooted for Coen at the Rams because I couldn't blame the guy for taking the dream job that we all knew was the dream job. The BS he spewed about missing college and he enjoyed teaching the kids much more than the professionals in the NFL and all that what you wanted to hear BS only to back out is why Coen rubbed me wrong and I hope he fails miserably in TB as bad as that sounds, it's true.

The problem sports is going to run into in general is that they rely on fans being fanatics and supporting losers and bad teams through the lean years and then expect them to pony up extra during the good years... and Im talking about across all big sports. Money isn't as easy to spend as it used to be. People will start getting narrower on their sports spending.

Instead of following bball and football in college and having a couple pro teams you follow maybe you just pick one sport in one league to follow because of the investment needed. NBA numbers are down on people actually watching games. Clips and partial game viewers dominate the nba now. NFL is still dominating and I would assume they will take some of the college fans if nil gets much worse.

If 3 years from now Coen is the best available coach out there and we need a coach, are you telling me you wouldn't hire him because he left here for a better opportunity??

If so, you are one of those one of those fans emotionally attached to a coach you don't even know.
1. Yes. If given the choice between a decent OC that'll actually stick or a yearly revolving door of really good OCs, I'm picking the former every time. I want players to know who they're playing for, not have to learn a new system every year, and get comfortable with a system's nuances. This ping pong crap is old, and Coen has proven that he'll only contribute to that problem. A few days after the whole debacle, and I can't fault Coen for leaving, but I do put a premium on a steady coach.

2. I'm not following your logic, Chief. That's a non sequitur if I've ever seen one.

Coaching is a business, Coen has been a gypsy for a while. Everyone knows coach's contracts mean very little. The moving on isn't personal with UK fans, maybe some of UK's staff but who knows. But why are the same group so upset with Coen so glad to get Wolford back when according to posters here he was out recruiting for UK when he jumped to Bama. That's pretty disrespectful imo.

Don’t make promises to your employer that you have no intention of keeping. Who knows. They might actually believe you and build their business around your promises. Then they go bankrupt because they trusted you. This guy is a con man constant lier. Don’t protect that. If you wanna see what it’s like. Do some renovations on your home now. Lol. You will spend three weeks waiting for the 1st, 2nd and third guy you hired to show up. They all promised they were gonna be there Monday. Then they show up dump their tools and then you won’t see them for another 5 days. It’s how the industry works now. Same with Coen. He lies at will and I have no use for that. You can’t defend that just by saying he’s doing what’s best for himself because he’s leaving half done homes and homeowners in his wake.

Last edited:
Wandale was incredible. I could have been a decent OC with him on my team (no offense to Scott Frost and Nebraska of course).

Did Wolford come back?
I wouldn't hire him back, but I have nothing to do with the hiring and firing of coaches. And neither do you.

If I did have that in my power we would have a new AD tonight and he would be looking to hire a new HC in football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, and probably softball given the recent trend of that program.

But that's just me.

If you want a coach back that screwed you over the first time they were there you deserve what you get if they come back and destroy your program again. Just look 60 miles to the west and the UL morons who wanted Petrino back. I did not feel sorry for them at all. I would never want Coen back here. I think Wolford is a mistake too. Your word and ethics have to mean something. UK is NOT like Louisville and Tennessee. We don’t want to win at the cost of covering up sexual assaults because they help us win. I never want to have my school with that mentality. I’d rather lose. Coen will never be welcome back for me.

Last edited:
If you want a coach back that screwed you over the first time they were there you deserve what you get if they come back and destroy your program again. Just look 60 miles to the west and the UL morons who wanted Petrino back. I did not feel sorry for them at all. I would never want Coen back here. I think Wolford is a mistake too. Your word and ethics have to mean something. UK is NOT like Louisville and Tennessee. We don’t want to win at the cost of covering up sexual assaults because they help us win. I never want to have my school with that mentality. I’d rather lose. Coen will never be welcome back for me.
Did you welcome Stoops back or are you done with him also??

Regardless of the details, Stoops was TRYING to leave and take the A&M job.

Would you have been OK with Coen leaving if he went with Stoops to A&M. After all, Stoops is who he made that commitment to, supposedly?

How is Coen leaving related to that A&M incident where it was reported Liam WOULDN'T go with Stoops to A&M??

Is all of this fallout from that fiasco? Coen may have been told to get out.....by the boss he jilted. Hmm.

Reactions: The-Hack
1. Yes. If given the choice between a decent OC that'll actually stick or a yearly revolving door of really good OCs, I'm picking the former every time. I want players to know who they're playing for, not have to learn a new system every year, and get comfortable with a system's nuances. This ping pong crap is old, and Coen has proven that he'll only contribute to that problem. A few days after the whole debacle, and I can't fault Coen for leaving, but I do put a premium on a steady coach.

2. I'm not following your logic, Chief. That's a non sequitur if I've ever seen one.
What part of "I wouldn't hire him back" did you not understand Mr. Non Sequiter???

Did you welcome Stoops back or are you done with him also??

Regardless of the details, Stoops was TRYING to leave and take the A&M job.

Would you have been OK with Coen leaving if he went with Stoops to A&M. After all, Stoops is who he made that commitment to, supposedly?

How is Coen leaving related to that A&M incident where it was reported Liam WOULDN'T go with Stoops to A&M??

Is all of this fallout from that fiasco? Coen may have been told to get out.....by the boss he jilted. Hmm.
That’s a lot of speculation of what almost no one knows. The truth could be one of your guesses or it could be something completely different???Stoops has never made a promise and left here after one year. Coen has done it twice. Stoops has given us 11 loyal years. If he wanted to move on fine. But don’t try to come back if you leave. If/ When he leaves I don’t want you back. I’ve never taken a girl back who left. If you’re not loyal and leave goodbye forever.

That’s a lot of speculation of what almost no one knows. The truth could be one of your guesses or it could be something completely different???Stoops has never made a promise and left here after one year. Coen has done it twice. Stoops has given us 11 loyal years. If he wanted to move on fine. But don’t try to come back if you leave. If/ When he leaves I don’t want you back. I’ve never taken a girl back who left. If you’re not loyal and leave goodbye forever.
That is because you are emotionally involved with a coach who doesn't even know who you are.

You get emotionally involved with your girlfriend. Not a coach.

That is because you are emotionally involved with a coach who doesn't even know who you are.

You get emotionally involved with your girlfriend. Not a coach.
Emotions aside once someone shows me they have zero loyalty I’m kinda done with you. It may be my military background but it’s who I am. I will support Stoops until he willingly leaves us. Then??? See ya. Coen hurting our program twice with his one year commitments. Im done with him. Especially him telling Saunders he was staying. Coen has been a friend of that family for years. He just seems like a self centered douch bag of a person like Petrino.

So, you're one of the blue hairs at Rupp?
No I have no hair, so no... If I want to sit I sit and if I want to get up and shout for a play I will... I don't have to follow anyone to show if I like a play... I have been a UK fan since the early 60's... So I will shout when I want to... I don't tell anyone how to act or stand or sit down... It's my right to do whatever I want and also the other's...

GBB

• Love
Reactions: Lost In FL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT