ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

RIP Minneapolis. Figured once everyone in Philly was frozen on night one that any place with chilly temps and late fall-like hoodie weather in spring would be out. No one wants to celebrate WM weekend in-person in 40-55 degree weather. And yes, it's not lost on anyone that we're likely to see Snoop, on 4/20, in Vegas, back at WM.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Raw card for Monday is crazy, might even have me watching it. Better not turn any of these into some less than 5-minute bullshit though
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: Zoey Stark vs. Ivy Nile
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: Shayna Baszler vs. Zelina Vega
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: Lyra Valkyria vs. Asuka
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: IYO SKY vs. Natalya
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Finn Balor
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Ricochet vs. Ilja Dragunov
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Gunther vs. Sheamus
Uhh thats 8 matches. How the **** do you expect all of these to be longer than 5 minutes lmfao? Going to start Raw with the bell ringing and end it with the bell ringing and nothing in between?

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Great show. Backlash did everything it needed to do. The Cody vs AJ match was amazing. I felt this way when Cody was in AEW as well but to me he is the best wrestler in the world just from a tempo, storytelling, and cadence perspective. His matches all make sense. He always sells the way he needs to. The pace of the match never speeds up or slows down too much. His matches are unique from the WWE style in that they aren't layered the same exact way and in AEW his matches always felt more put together than his counterparts.

Uhh thats 8 matches. How the **** do you expect all of these to be longer than 5 minutes lmfao? Going to start Raw with the bell ringing and end it with the bell ringing and nothing in between?
They got 180 minutes to work with buddy. If they all went 10 (and inevitably some of them will have commercials during the match) that wouldn’t even be half the show.

Great show. Backlash did everything it needed to do. The Cody vs AJ match was amazing. I felt this way when Cody was in AEW as well but to me he is the best wrestler in the world just from a tempo, storytelling, and cadence perspective. His matches all make sense. He always sells the way he needs to. The pace of the match never speeds up or slows down too much. His matches are unique from the WWE style in that they aren't layered the same exact way and in AEW his matches always felt more put together than his counterparts.
He kicked out of a burning hammer after 1

Nick Khan should get his own wing in the nonexistent HOF when it's all said and done. WWE Universe used to mean the states, the occasional trip to Toronto, and one non-televised Euro trip per year. Now we're getting PLE's and SD's in WWE-starved locations around the world. We're watching wrestling in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night. We're going to miss these French crowds on Monday when Raw is in Hartford. One would think we're really close to them pulling the trigger on WM in London, perhaps 42. I have no problem watching a huge show at 3pm on a weekend.

Nick Khan should get his own wing in the nonexistent HOF when it's all said and done. WWE Universe used to mean the states, the occasional trip to Toronto, and one non-televised Euro trip per year. Now we're getting PLE's and SD's in WWE-starved locations around the world. We're watching wrestling in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night. We're going to miss these French crowds on Monday when Raw is in Hartford. One would think we're really close to them pulling the trigger on WM in London, perhaps 42. I have no problem watching a huge show at 3pm on a weekend.
I wish all PPVs/PLEs started at like 1 eastern

Raw card for Monday is crazy, might even have me watching it. Better not turn any of these into some less than 5-minute bullshit though
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: Zoey Stark vs. Ivy Nile
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: Shayna Baszler vs. Zelina Vega
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: Lyra Valkyria vs. Asuka
  • WWE Queen of the Ring First-Round Match: IYO SKY vs. Natalya
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Finn Balor
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Ricochet vs. Ilja Dragunov
  • WWE King of the Ring First-Round Match: Gunther vs. Sheamus
Is KOTR actually going to go back to being the PLE in June and meaning the winner faces the champ at Summerslam, like it used to be? Or is it staying the same pointless tournament that it has been, where it doesn't help put anyone over just gives them a reason to put "King" in front of their name and wear a crown and carry a ceptar?

Is KOTR actually going to go back to being the PLE in June and meaning the winner faces the champ at Summerslam, like it used to be? Or is it staying the same pointless tournament that it has been, where it doesn't help put anyone over just gives them a reason to put "King" in front of their name and wear a crown and carry a ceptar?
Probably the latter

Agree. Escpecially Sunday shows. I am getting old and don't want to watch wrestling after midnight on a work night.
I switched to four 10-hour shifts at work last year so I just take the Monday after as my third day off that week if necessary 😎

Though I do wish AEW would switch to Saturdays still. TK claims buy rates are better on Sundays. I don’t know if it’s true but it would make sense with tv viewing trends as Sundays are the most watched night of the week for TV.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I struggle to stay awake to watch stuff like the final four and the Super Bowl. Outside of mania and the rumble there’s a good chance I’ll miss the main event with an 8 pm start. As soon as I hit 40 the staying up late days ended for me

Reactions: GeraldV
I'll always laugh thinking about Cornette and Last talking about Punk coming up to Cora Jade and giving her words of encouragement which made her tear up for a moment and then Last mocks dramatic anti-Punk fans by shrieking "That monster!"

Reactions: Wesley91581
I'm erecting something for her as we speak.
The Office Thats GIF

Reactions: Col. Angus
Morning, getting caught up after that big horse race over the weekend.
Backlash sounded like a good show made much better by an insane crowd.
Minneapolis does have a dome but sounds like Endeavor wanted the show in Vegas so that's what happened.

PwInsider reporting WWE did not offer Jerry Lawler a new contract and is no longer with the company. However he is still under a legends deal.

I struggle to stay awake to watch stuff like the final four and the Super Bowl. Outside of mania and the rumble there’s a good chance I’ll miss the main event with an 8 pm start. As soon as I hit 40 the staying up late days ended for me
Jose Cuervo and Redbull will fix that

Morning, getting caught up after that big horse race over the weekend.
Backlash sounded like a good show made much better by an insane crowd.
Minneapolis does have a dome but sounds like Endeavor wanted the show in Vegas so that's what happened.

PwInsider reporting WWE did not offer Jerry Lawler a new contract and is no longer with the company. However he is still under a legends deal.
I don’t even know what a legends deal is? Pay you not to go to AEW or tna?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT