ADVERTISEMENT

Deone Walker tweet

bluecoon1

Senior
Jul 18, 2017
Someone mentioned he also removed everything associated with UK from his Instagram. Guess I’m reading this different than others thinking it means he won’t transfer but not sure why he’d remove his IG stuff.

I have no idea about what's on his mind. The only thing I know is that he looks unhappy when he is on the field. That could be for a myriad of reasons but something is up with him.

He starts , got the NIL to come back and will be on all conference teams . He’s in a better spot than 98% of CFB players , and humans in general . If he’s not happy , there’s likely not much you can do
though some may not like being on a "below average" conference team... Look at how many jumped ship from Vandy last year...

Don't have any insider info, just speculating about human nature....

Hope he stays... as he's the most valuable D-fensive player we have...

He is the focal point of the defense, a team Captain, gets a high NIL and will be an All-American next season. WHY in the world would he transfer????

He has one more year until he is a 1st round draft pick. Going to a higher profile program would mean he has to SHARE the spotlight with others. At UK he is KING!!! Can't see him leaving.

But, in this day and age, NOTHING surprises me with young people.

Don’t have a figure but I suspect he’s pretty well paid here. That said, there might well be a bidding war for someone with his skill set. In this day and age, a coaches first job at year’s end is to recruit your own players first.

He starts , got the NIL to come back and will be on all conference teams . He’s in a better spot than 98% of CFB players , and humans in general . If he’s not happy , there’s likely not much you can do
Despite losing, he looked pretty darn happy last night, he was dancing and jumping with a huge smile on his face at one point. Announcers even mentioned how they’d be dancing too if nobody could block them. So not sure where you get he looks unhappy.

I made a thread yesterday saying Walker is out TOP recruiting priority this offseason. We bette hope a top 5 team don’t start setting aside NIL for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose a WR too

I made a thread yesterday saying Walker is out TOP recruiting priority this offseason. We bette hope a top 5 team don’t start setting aside NIL for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose a WR too
He was beastly Saturday. He's a stud and will have a nice pro career awaiting him. We need this dude back next season.

hes probably the best D lineman we have ever had. I remember during Mumme we had Dewayne Robinson who went on and had a great pro career- this kid is an absolute freak of a player!

Reactions: Basil Cat
hes probably the best D lineman we have ever had. I remember during Mumme we had Dewayne Robinson who went on and had a great pro career- this kid is an absolute freak of a player!
Robinson was actually a huge NFL bust

Robinson was actually a huge NFL bust
Being that he earned nearly 20 million playing in the NFL, we have a different opinion of what is a bust. He did get hurt and traded, but had several solid years in New York, and was good enough to get a big contract in Denver. Realize, the average NFL career is about 3.2 years for a defensive lineman, and he played for 6, I think he did fine.

Being that he earned nearly 20 million playing in the NFL, we have a different opinion of what is a bust. He did get hurt and traded, but had several solid years in New York, and was good enough to get a big contract in Denver. Realize, the average NFL career is about 3.2 years for a defensive lineman, and he played for 6, I think he did fine.
He had a solid rookie year and got hurt and was role player while he played out his rookie contract. He did manage to get a 5 year, 24 million contract extension on the trade to Denver. This was in 2008 and Denver cut him less than a year later. He was out of football at that point, didn’t collect fully on that extension as a result and I’m not trying to pile on the man, but when the number 4 pick has that kind of career, right or wrong, you’re considered a bust. It is what it is

Reactions: TeoJ
Sure do, they were all outstanding, especially Jaffe, smallest nose guard ever. One of the toughest too, it seems like he was in on every tackle when he played.
Yeah, lol! Jaffe was maybe 5'11' 240, super quick and very strong.

art still
Maybe.

Josh Allen is the most decorated/awarded player in UK history, but perhaps all the awards he won were unavailable for Still in 1977?

Both Still and Allen (and Robertson) took over some games.

I listened live to Cawood's call of the road win at LSU with WKYT's Rob Bromley turned down.

"Kentucky blocks the field goal . . . Still is returning it with LSU chasing . . . MY GOD, what could they do if they caught him?"

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Any Kentucky list of great Defensive linemen must include the least popular of all: Lou Michaels.

He was a dominant football player, and a two-time All American.

He was also mentally unstable, and only his brother could "handle" him when he went off, a frequent problem that required his brother being summonsed from Pennsylvania several times during Lou's time on campus.

In 1957, a thug from Ohio drove to the UK campus, having heard there was a gent there meaner than the thug.

My cousin (and many others) saw Michaels bite the ear off the thug from Ohio on a public street on campus.

Here's an old newspaper article about "old mean Lou." The best story is the last: he challenged a player on his own Colt's team to a fight, on a long-distance flight at 31,000 feet, asking him "to step outside." His potential opponent thought about it for a second, and said, "after you!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuke99m
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT