ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Coach Pitino - NIL Statement about writing a check to Pope to support.

Short-Dawg-69

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Please keep this bumped up on the board as I would like Rick to really do this…. What he said….

Coach Pitino,
I won’t lie I have been critical of your past actions. That said you gave us many GREAT memories and I appreciate you for those.

That said you stated you would write a check to Coach Popes NIL if needed.

Please do so…. This will heal several fans and your imprint on this program.

IF…. You do write that check…. I openly hearted welcome you back at Rupp Arena.
I hope Coach Pope and yourself can have that relationship like Hall / Cal did.

By the way I love Cal but Soooo….. Glad he is gone….. so I can cherish his good as I cherish your good.

Sign BBN Fan Shorty….

It's a nice idea but as long as he is a coach of an NCAA team he is not allowed to contribute even if he wanted to. I don't think he was serious with his statement.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
It's a nice idea but as long as he is a coach of an NCAA team he is not allowed to contribute even if he wanted to. I don't think he was serious with his statement.
Again let’s hold Rick to his word…..
He may not able to donate……
BUT…… someone on his behalf can and Rick be present.
Maybe a business Rick owns…
There is ALWAYS some loop hole….

I just want Rick to follow through so he can come back respectfully when he retires.
As I want Cal to come back when that retirement comes.

Rick has a lot of baggage and if a big check came… I’m not overlooking the past but forgiveness is 💯 on the table.

I just want Rick to follow through so he can come back respectfully when he retires.

Rick has a lot of baggage and if a big check came… I’m not overlooking the past but forgiveness is 💯 on the table.
What did Pitino do that requires forgiveness? That he left for the NBA? or he coached for Louisville? or something else?

Honestly don't know.

It's cool to see Pitino backing Pope.

I’ll forgive him and welcome him back if he ever decides to pay for college for all the underage girls his administration prostituted. I think that’s not only fair but shows he has a conscience and truly wants to be a better person.

Edit: before anyone says this- I know this won’t happen and don’t expect him to do this. But I do believe there are things bigger than basketball. And the safety and innocence of children is one of those things.

Reactions: KFuqua and track42
What did Pitino do that requires forgiveness? That he left for the NBA? or he coached for Louisville? or something else?

Honestly don't know.

Some of our emo fans are still upset that he took the Louisville job almost a quarter of a century ago.

They were not okay, but some of the same fans were perfectly okay with Calipari burning the program down over the course of a four year period.

I wonder how St John’s feels about that statement? Really odd.

Last edited:
would be nicde to have his email address just to drop h im a line of thanks for his support of Pope

I’ve always loved the memory of what RP did here. I’m over the redbird shit too. Let’s go! He can be the godfather of uk basketball.
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Reactions: AllBlueEverything

Honestly don't know.

How about flipping off the crowd at Rupp Arena when he brought the cards there?

Reactions: KFuqua
It wasn't the "crowd". It was directed at a specific person that he heard say something. He has a temper, but deep down he loves UK.
any idea what was said to Pitino?

He does seems to love Kentucky...only left because an even bigger name job came open. That's what happens when you hire a coach with no ties to the program. But Pitino didn't leave Kentucky to go to hated rival Louisville. He went to the Boston Celtics. Even Calipari had to find out the hard way that the NBA may be a higher job but not a better job.

When Pitino was at Kentucky...man...that was amazingly talented....so talented that really good player in Jeff Sheppard had to redshirt...and he didn't transfer! Mercer, Anderson, McCarty... and before that...Feldhaus, Farmer group....Pitino restored your program and he will have a hand in restoring it again with Pope.

any idea what was said to Pitino?

He does seems to love Kentucky...only left because an even bigger name job came open. That's what happens when you hire a coach with no ties to the program. But Pitino didn't leave Kentucky to go to hated rival Louisville. He went to the Boston Celtics. Even Calipari had to find out the hard way that the NBA may be a higher job but not a better job.

When Pitino was at Kentucky...man...that was amazingly talented....so talented that really good player in Jeff Sheppard had to redshirt...and he didn't transfer! Mercer, Anderson, McCarty... and before that...Feldhaus, Farmer group....Pitino restored your program and he will have a hand in restoring it again with Pope.
No idea what was said but in that position you have to have better self control than that. Which obviously is not a Pitino strong suit.(see 15 seconds in a restaurant booth) I loved him as a basketball coach. I was a student at UK during his time and had a few interactions with the man lets just say I wouldn't classify him as a nice person and leave it at that.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I don't really expect Pitino to follow through with his gesture. I think it was more of a "you suck, Cal" than anything else.

How about flipping off the crowd at Rupp Arena when he brought the cards there?
How many times? And who was "the crowd"...the entire UK crowd or was it a certain person who was making FULL use of his/her right to free speech?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT