ADVERTISEMENT

De Sousa being held out at KU

Just got home from work. I stated that the worst that would happen is De Sousa gets held out this year while his eligibility gets reviewed. Kansas had nothing to do with the Maryland booster's alleged payment to his guardian. He was cleared by the NCAA last year, so doubt anything last year gets vacated. If they actually find evidence that $60K was paid, he probably won't play this year.

Next up in February and April is the Nike trials.

Just got home from work. I stated that the worst that would happen is De Sousa gets held out this year while his eligibility gets reviewed. Kansas had nothing to do with the Maryland booster's alleged payment to his guardian. He was cleared by the NCAA last year, so doubt anything last year gets vacated. If they actually find evidence that $60K was paid, he probably won't play this year.

those have nothing to do with Nike.. .just coaches taking money from agents

Reactions: kl40504

Loses yet another recruit, doesn't care.

I'll tell you this.. If I lost Billy Preston for the year he was at Kentucky, while also having to put up with piss poor recruiting... I'd be pretty upset with Cal.

I don't get how Kansas fans can continually lose recruits like this, and not give a single shit.

I'll tell you this.. If I lost Billy Preston for the year he was at Kentucky, while also having to put up with piss poor recruiting... I'd be pretty upset with Cal.

I don't get how Kansas fans can continually lose recruits like this, and not give a single shit.

Oh, they care. They just don't want anyone to see them sweat, especially UK fans.

I do and still feel that De Sousa gets to play.

Like.. It's you and your team that gets screwed. Not us. Kentucky is fine. This helps our recruiting. This is why kentucky keeps getting players. And now we have one less experience Kansas player to worry about when we play.

Reactions: kl40504
This is also a fact... what you want Duke to get punished for does not equate to NCAA violations.
Did you miss this?

It’s a direct violation, clearly written in the rules.
  • A loan of money, regardless of temporary nature of loan, intent to pay back the value, or whom the loan is from (i.e. parents of teammates are not appropriate persons to offer loans to student athletes.)  
  • A special discount, payment arrangement or credit on apurchase or service

Self gets a lot of criticism on the Kansas board I frequent about recruiting failures. It is hard to complain about the season last year as we made it to the final four.

KU at the very least should vacate their final four from last year and be banned from this upcoming post season. Probably won’t happen but if this becomes a big dostraction for them I wouldn’t be suprised if the ad pull the plug on the postseason in January.

KU at the very least should vacate their final four from last year and be banned from this upcoming post season. Probably won’t happen but if this becomes a big dostraction for them I wouldn’t be suprised if the ad pull the plug on the postseason in January.

Why? The NCAA cleared De Sousa, so like Kansas who played them, they were duped too. Are they going to punish themselves too?

You were saying early on that DeSousa would play and nothing would happen to Kansas. You now have changed your mind on DeSousa and let's see what happens to Kansas. This is what Gary Parrish is saying: We’re not there yet. The NCAA will address the Kansas situation in time. And, when it does, I can’t think of any reason why Kansas won’t be required to vacate its 2018 Final Four appearance.

I have inside info that KU is getting hit and it’s coming fast.

During the season they informed Memphis that they were investigating his SAT scores and recommended he be held out, but was played anyway.
But they didn't just vacate the games after which they reopened their investigation. They vacated all games, even the ones he had been ruled eligible by the NCAA to play. UL players were all ruled eligible and played, but were later ruled ineligible after their benefits came to light. NCAA has already set ample precedent that they can and will overrule their previous decision on a players eligibility. Even long after.

Thats not how it works. If they find out after the fact he he took money he is still ruled ineligible and games must be forfeited. It's probably a new concept to you since you usually lose your recruits before the season starts.

But they didn't just vacate the games after which they reopened their investigation. They vacated all games, even the ones he had been ruled eligible by the NCAA to play. UL players were all ruled eligible and played, but were later ruled ineligible after their benefits came to light. NCAA has already set ample precedent that they can and will overrule their previous decision on a players eligibility. Even long after.

Right, but Memphis was warned. NCAA cleared De Sousa and was duped just like KU. I also don't know how they could have vacated Memphis's wins, since the investigation was dropped after Rose graduated and would not cooperate with the NCAA.

The moment Silvia de Suzy and family took cash to play for Kansass, he became an ineligible player. Say goodbye to every win last year, the FF banner, and the 173rd Pig 12 banner.

His guardian took money to influence him to play at Maryland from a Maryland booster. Your post is factually incorrect.

Thats not how it works. If they find out after the fact he he took money he is still ruled ineligible and games must be forfeited. It's probably a new concept to you since you usually lose your recruits before the season starts.

I get the concept, but NCAA cleared him. If they retrospectively punish KU, they'll have to punish themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT