AndyPopCat

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Bluegrass, USA
twitter.com
April 28, 2013

By Eric Guimaraes

DB John Battle (6-2 180) of Hallandale, FL has offers from USC, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Louisville, Vanderbilt, South Florida, LSU, Tennessee. Florida State, Marshall, Rutgers and Northwestern among others. Battle has not yet visited USC but plans to change that over the summer. "Right now, I'm just building a relationship with coach (Grady) Brown," he said. "I got a chance to follow them a lot last year because they were always playing on ESPN. It would be pretty cool to play for them." Battle cited the defense and the success of USC defensive backs in the NFL that interests him in the Gamecocks. He has already visited Florida State and South Florida and enjoyed both trips. Other than USC, Battle would like to visit Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisville and several schools in the state of North Carolina this summer. He plans to narrow his list to six prior to his senior season. "I want to know which schools I'm focusing on before the season begins," he added. Battle does not have a leader.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20130428/PSPORTS02/130429670

ADVERTISEMENT