ADVERTISEMENT

Davion Mintz good news?

Brooks is far from an impact player. What’s he done?
Played like an old school underclassmen in the College Game that is not typical for a UK recruit. More potential than underclassmen at other schools who averaged 10.3 PPG and 6.8 RPG. It takes players like him to return and develop because elite 5 star recruits like Wall, Cousins and Fox aren't going to do that for you.

Mintz and Allen are two of the shooters needed. (The bigs are not necessarily scorers.) That leaves the Boston position. Whether it’s BJ or someone else they have to be a shooter as well.

Toppin Brooks OT and Collins can man the 4/5 with Toppin able to play the 3 as well. That leaves the necessity of two guard subs. A PG and a shooting guard. A bonafide PG could push Mintz to the 2 and Allen would be the 3. Askew can be a backup at either the 1 or 2.

I definitely would be glad to have Mintz back
Well then throw up some love or something instead of shitting all over the guy’s post. We just had the worst season in 100 years but it ended the other day. You can crawl out now

You guys act like people that complain just hate the team and root against it.

The fact is, the people that complain just want success. Year after year of roster turnover punctuated by a 9-16 season isn't acceptable. That doesn't mean I want us to suck. I'm mad that we never get anyone back. That doesn't mean I don't want us to get anyone back. I'm honestly baffled as to how me complaining about the lack of returning players translates to I don't want returning players.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
I feel so sorry for your pain. I hope you recover soon.

Played like an old school underclassmen in the College Game that is not typical for a UK recruit. More potential than underclassmen at other schools who averaged 10.3 PPG and 6.8 RPG. It takes players like him to return and develop because elite 5 star recruits like Wall, Cousins and Fox aren't going to do that for you.
I don’t disagree with your premise. Good post.

But I just don’t see it with Brooks. Hope I’m wrong.

Why is everyone assuming Powell will be here it will take an SEC rule change by the conference AD’s for that to even be possible. You really believe they are going to change the rule to help UK build a roster, Dream on.
Or a waiver of the existing rule. Many have been granted recently including a FB player who transferred from Auburn.

Injury certainly hurt his development this year, and then he stepped into a dumpster fire and just isn't a best 1 or 2 players on a team type guy at this point who was going to turn it all around. But he's definitely good enough to be a consistent contributor, starter caliber guy for Kentucky. Needs to work on strength, defense, and jump shot.

Reactions: westerncat
Anyone else notice the irony of the fan base sitting on pins and needles hope for a multi-year college student, non NBA prospect to save our season next year?

Some people just like to complain. No one is saying he'll save the season, just that it would be nice to see a quality experienced player return.

But many of you aren't happy with any news that doesn't start with "coaching search".

Reactions: kl40504
who thought this team would win it all?

You kidding? Were you MIA from May until November? This was going to be one of Cal’s best teams ever! Clarke and Boston were going to be the 2nd coming of Anderson and Mercer. Sarr, Mintz, and Brooks made this one of Cal’s “most experienced teams ever here!” Not until it all fell apart did it become “well COVID this and inexperience that...”

Matter of fact when I would ask everyone to maybe consider pumping the brakes because we have no clue how this group will mesh, or if the freshmen will live up to the hype ... I was called a negative nelly. Gary Parrish had the nerve to rank us 12th in the preseason and there were calls for him to be held accountable! for being so bad at his job.

so hell yeah ...up until November a ton of people thought this team would win it all

Mintz AND Brooks both return and we add Powell, we can easily be a #1 seed next year.

This recent iteration was going to be “Cal’s 3rd best team ever” here. Let’s hold off on the bold predictions.

Mintz and Allen are two of the shooters needed. (The bigs are not necessarily scorers.) That leaves the Boston position. Whether it’s BJ or someone else they have to be a shooter as well.

Toppin Brooks OT and Collins can man the 4/5 with Toppin able to play the 3 as well. That leaves the necessity of two guard subs. A PG and a shooting guard. A bonafide PG could push Mintz to the 2 and Allen would be the 3. Askew can be a backup at either the 1 or 2.
Toppin is not a 4

You kidding? Were you MIA from May until November? This was going to be one of Cal’s best teams ever! Clarke and Boston were going to be the 2nd coming of Anderson and Mercer. Sarr, Mintz, and Brooks made this one of Cal’s “most experienced teams ever here!” Not until it all fell apart did it become “well COVID this and inexperience that...”

Matter of fact when I would ask everyone to maybe consider pumping the brakes because we have no clue how this group will mesh, or if the freshmen will live up to the hype ... I was called a negative nelly. Gary Parrish had the nerve to rank us 12th in the preseason and there were calls for him to be held accountable! for being so bad at his job.

so hell yeah ...up until November a ton of people thought this team would win it all
Really

who thought this team would win it all?
The last 6 years I expect them to at least make the tournament but getting past the 1st weekend is doing something special. That's what it has come to with Cal the latter years of his coaching career!

This is 100% correct. I have no problems admitting I was one of those. BJ Boston will forever go down as the biggest miss I've had in watching a player. I thought he was going to be one of Cal's best at UK.

This season was surreal.

Now that Askew is gone.. Mintz has no one in his way at PG currently. And based on the way the season ended, He'd start at PG to open the season and likely never lose it.

Hopefully that's what Cal is telling him at least. No reason to lose Mintz other than him just not wanting to do another year.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
This is 100% correct. I have no problems admitting I was one of those. BJ Boston will forever go down as the biggest miss I've had in watching a player. I thought he was going to be one of Cal's best at UK.

This season was surreal.
Mine was Clarke. I thought he’d perform circles around BJ this year. Of course, I also thought Skal was destined to be Noel Jr, so there’s that.....

Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT