ADVERTISEMENT

Dare I compare Dillingham to ....

Dude’s bones are made out of rubber and his joints must have come from a Mister Fantastic type experiment gone right. I’ve never seen another human being be able to move like that. I don’t think we fully understand how impressive Dillingham’s physical talents are yet.
I started saying this early. His ability was pretty obvious watching OTE. He may have looked more aggressively to score and forced things at times but I suspect that is what his coach wanted.

Also reminds me a little of Isaiah Briscoe in that he can seemingly get to the rim anytime he wants.
The difference is Dillingham is way quicker and his body control at the rim is light years ahead of Briscoe. Not to mention he has way more confidence in his perimeter shooting.

I can get behind an Iverson light comparison.

Reactions: grevey35
I continue to be the only lifelong Kentucky fan that did not like Ramel Bradley.

I’m sorry, it sounds like he was a great dude which is not something I would’ve known back when he played.

I thought he was a complete bonehead on the court and played like he just wanted to be the man.

He averaged more turnovers than assists his final season, Dillingham has a ridiculous assist to turnover ratio.
Well to be fair his last season was him and Crawford. They basically willed us to the tournament and damn near won a game.

Clearly Dilly and Shep are spending a lot of time in the gym together, they are playing more and more like the same person every game. It's a fun thing to watch. Imagine our opponents if/when we get Bradshaw back and see those three coming off the bench. It's like

blade-wtf.gif
I think Dilly should get his hair cut like Blade, he already moves as fast as a Superhero.

I really can’t think of a good comparison for Dillingham. He’s just a very polished player. He can handle the ball at an elite level, pass at an elite level and score at an elite level. He makes some errors at times, but not nearly as many as one would expect considering the speed that he plays.
He’s Kyrie Irving

Check out 2:38 in the video that’s Dilly’s game 100%.

Not a perfect comp but I've said for a minute he reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Monk with better handles.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I see a old timer in his game, one of the most underrated players imo. Nate "Tiny" Archibald dude was killer with the ball and good shooter, led NBA in scoring and dimes a time or two, only 5' 11" maybe 6 foot.
Good comparison 👏 👍

a little bit of Ramel Bradley with a pinch of Russ Smith thrown in? (sorry hate the Cards but Russ was such a good player) He also reminds me of a throw back player Ed Davender a bit, just the way he can attack the rim. Thoughts?
Ramel Bradley was a nice player, but he isn’t in the same universe as Dillingham on the talent scale.

They definitely play with a similar flair, not as athletic or tall. Better handles. Both score in ridiculous ways and can go absolutely nuclear in no time.

Interesting if you look on Rob's official UK page....favorite UK player, Mr. Monk.

• Love
Also reminds me a little of Isaiah Briscoe in that he can seemingly get to the rim anytime he wants.
There are zero similarities. Briscoe had a terrible shot and limited ball skills. Dillingham is crazy fast and smooth with a ridiculous handle.

I see a old timer in his game, one of the most underrated players imo. Nate "Tiny" Archibald dude was killer with the ball and good shooter, led NBA in scoring and dimes a time or two, only 5' 11" maybe 6 foot.
That's high praise indeed. Rob is 6'2" or 6'3" though.

Combo of Davender, Delk, and Blackmon
James Blackman was one of my all time favs. He didnt show his potential until his Senior year really, and maybe Hall contained him too much But man that kid could play! hes a coach now up in his hometown I think. Glad to hear he is doing well.

There are zero similarities. Briscoe had a terrible shot and limited ball skills. Dillingham is crazy fast and smooth with a ridiculous handle.
So which one of them is it that can't/couldn't get to the rim????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT