ADVERTISEMENT

Daimion Collins commits to LSU

Actually he has a point.Collins had a huge loss so gets somewhat of a pass but to be honest in his first season he looked worse in the end than the beginning.Ware was here 3 seasons and never developed one post move.Livingston didn't improve by the end of the season either and Wheeler regressed before quitting.Why is that?
Are you actually wanting a response to this? I mean, come on. Be real - if you want me to respond then I will, butttttt it seems like it's not actually necessary if you've really been paying attention, right?

The kid worked his butt off, he just wasn’t able to put on the weight needed to bang in the SEC. He will be an excellent weak side defender because they will play a good amount of zone. I can see him averaging 8 and 5 and 2-3 blocks per game.
He did put weight on, then lost 20ish pounds after his dad died. Clearly that would have an effect.

KJ Williams was a 5th yr (Covid) SR. The rest of that LSU team really sucked. I'd have put Theiro, Wheeler, Collins, Onyenso & Fredrick against them (w/out Williams) and felt good about winning.
Collins would get 15mpg next year at UK if he returned. if he don't start, he's getting 25mpg. But unless they have a really good portal transfer, I think he is their best player.

Maybe I'm overvaluing them. McMahon did get Will Baker in the portal. I like him a lot.

I’m not mad if you are or aren’t. It sucks that someone hates me bad enough to keep showing up making posts about me constantly. A lot of hate to go that far to make usernames and all that like he is.
I know nothing about who you are talking about. I sure don't hate you. I even invited you to a football game next year.

I Cant College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

It is relatively going home. His home is in Atlanta, Texas which is in East Texas. It's more like Bayou Country than the Blue Grass. It's a manageable drive from Atlanta, Texas to Baton Rouge at 4.5 hours.
Wasting your time talking to the haters. In their mind LSU is on the west coast near UCLA.

Reactions: RickUK-Club74
I hate that he left. I wish he hadn’t of went to another SEC school as well. SMH dang this off-season has been tough on our team.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Atlanta, TX sits on the border with Mississippi and Louisiana (and Arkansas and Oklahoma) The only metro area closer is Dallas at 3 hrs drive. Baton Rouge is 4 hrs away.

Good luck to the young man, but here is a list of D1 schools closer to Atlanta, TX than LSU is: LA-Monroe, LA Tech, LA-Lafayette, SMU, TCU, Baylor, North Texas, Texas A&M, Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State, and AR-Little Rock.

Good luck to the young man, but here is a list of D1 schools closer to Atlanta, TX than LSU is: LA-Monroe, LA Tech, LA-Lafayette, SMU, TCU, Baylor, North Texas, Texas A&M, Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State, and AR-Little Rock.
All but TCU and Baylor and TAMU (also SEC) are mid-majors. And he ain’t getting much NIL (to help his mom) at a mid-major. And those 3 majors aren’t much closer than LSU (15min, 40min, 1:25).

Last edited:
So much for going home. I guess 4.5 hours isn’t too bad but I figured there would be a Texas university closer he would go to. Guess he still has exposure and top quality talent to play against and be way closer than UK was.
Stephen F Austin is about an hour and 45 minutes away. Think there is a UT Tyler not too far away.

Last edited:
Not sure why so many here care.

I highly doubt it was an anti-Cal move - they seem to have a great relationship - but, for the sake of argument, let's assume it was. I'm all for it, in that sense.

It's closer than UK, but it's still not that close. Nearly 5 hour drive means it's not some place you're just going to go home every weekend.

This clearly wasn't *just* about being close to home.

I think he meant 15, 40 and 1:25 closer to Atlanta, TX than LSU is.
Got it. But it looks like he wanted to be as close to home with the best NIL.

I drive from Central KY almost monthly through Atlanta, TX on my way to Lufkin.

My point is Atlanta, TX is a long ways from Dallas and Houston. And it seems to relate much more to Louisiana than many may realize.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT