ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

59° this morning with light winds. Today's high to reach low to mid 80's. Still a lot of standing water around so, may not play men's league games tonight unless they can work the fields enough to play. We shall see.

Monster walk, leg workout, and small honey do list on tap for the morning. After that, I will rest (couch potato) for the rest of the day until near game time.

Enjoy your day folks and God Bless.

Good morning folks.

Thats an interesting poster Bert. I note the date —very close to the high tide of the Confederacy. Lee was about to drive McClellan off the James River peninsula, crush an army under Pope at Second Manassas and invade Maryland. Morgan was raiding into Kentucky, and the Union had been stymied in Mississippi and Tennessee. My kin folk were with the rebel armies then, in both Tennessee and Virginia.

Heading into work on the subway. My wife will be getting home today. Tomorrow, I will “run” (stagger) through the Capital Classic 5K…

I hope it’s a good day for all.

Good morning all,

Thought I was going into the office today but got it put off until Friday. A going away dinner function... Not to shabby... I am thankful. I work more when at home but it is conducive to less time strictly due to the travel. Actually getting myself back manageable weight-wise already.

Have an Underdog day...

Underdog_%28animated_TV_series%29.jpg

Good morning all,

Thought I was going into the office today but got it put off until Friday. A going away dinner function... Not to shabby... I am thankful. I work more when at home but it is conducive to less time strictly due to the travel. Actually getting myself back manageable weight-wise already.

Have an Underdog day...

Underdog_%28animated_TV_series%29.jpg
Wally Cox. Voice of Underdog. Very meek kind of man/actor.

Good morning folks.

Austin, my thoughts will be with you this morning. I hope it’s on the better side of awful today.

I’m already down town, meeting a couple colleagues soon then heading over to a park along the Anacostia River to run the Capital Classic 5K. It’s a DC tradition. Lots of US senators, Congress people and even a couple Supreme Court justices (Cavanaugh, the Black woman) turn out. I always dread it, then get a minor list when it is over. Steady rain this morning so I just want it to start —it can’t end until it starts.

Hope you all have a good day.

tenor.gif

Morning Sports Fans!

63° this morning with moderate winds. Today's high to be in the upper 80's with a good chance of rain later in the day.

Played 2 last night and won both. We won the first by 10 runs and the second by one run beating the only team to beat us earlier this year by one run. We are currently 8-1. I went 3-5 at the plate and 2 walks. Was thrown out at second in the second game trying to stretch a single into a double my first at bat and then, thrown out trying to take third from first after a single was hit while I was on first from on my second at bat. Wanted that game badly.

Walking the monster and working out this morning and playing Mr. Miyagi this afternoon.

@AustinTXCat , headem up, movem out. Keep rolling my friend, thoughts and prayers always with you.

@MdWIldcat55 a little advice on the run this morning. Try to stay dry by running between the rain drops. ;)

Be safe out there folks and God Bless.

Survived the race. As I told my teammates, "I have a strategy for this race. I'm going to start slow until I find my rhythm. Then I'm going to slow down."

I did beat a few people, including far lefty Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, which I know only because as I was in my cool-down walk they announced her crossing the finish line.

But hey, much like second grade girls' soccer, EVERYONE GETS A MEDAL!

Survived the race. As I told my teammates, "I have a strategy for this race. I'm going to start slow until I find my rhythm. Then I'm going to slow down."

I did beat a few people, including far lefty Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, which I know only because as I was in my cool-down walk they announced her crossing the finish line.

Real glad your able to do what you love. I never liked running but did what I had to when I had to... I enjoy hearing about your escapades and encounters.

I am in a better livelihood gear now already due to this new job and work schedule. I am trending in the right direction...

I have a "going-away" luncheon I am supposed to attend this Friday in Alexandria in lieu of going into the office yesterday. I pulled that joint up and it is much more money-wise than I'd ever frequent but to each his own. I will sure eat light that day. ;) Though in looking now I see a Beef Tartare and a couple items I could go for and though they are more expensive than I normally eat they aren't that far away price-wise... Yeah, I'm frugal.... (I will spend on my family but not me. I am happy like I am...)

I miss the days when I had excess energy. I have an old barn and a small out building on property I bought. I was foolish enough to use a can and a half of wasp spray in them and breathed in too much of that crap. I've been congested and super tired for about 10 days now. We live and we learn... sometimes I guess.

Real glad your able to do what you love. I never liked running but did what I had to when I had to... I enjoy hearing about your escapades and encounters.

I am in a better livelihood gear now already due to this new job and work schedule. I am trending in the right direction...

I have a "going-away" luncheon I am supposed to attend this Friday in Alexandria in lieu of going into the office yesterday. I pulled that joint up and it is much more money-wise than I'd ever frequent but to each his own. I will sure eat light that day. ;) Though in looking now I see a Beef Tartare and a couple items I could go for and though they are more expensive than I normally eat they aren't that far away price-wise... Yeah, I'm frugal.... (I will spend on my family but not me. I am happy like I am...)
I can match you in the 'frugality' category I suspect BBUK.

Alas, I'm married to a woman who is from a long line of Irish American Big Spenders, so what little tension there is between us always revolves around that. I've learned to just look the other way...

Her dad was a NYC/DC lawyer who at one time had homes in a nice section of DC, a resort home in the hills of West Virginia and a vacation home outside Dublin in Ireland. And he liked to live half the year in Europe. When he died , he not only was broke, he left his second wife with a bunch of debts to clean up. Sometimes I envy the way the guy lived, but I don't have it in me.

I miss the days when I had excess energy. I have an old barn and a small out building on property I bought. I was foolish enough to use a can and a half of wasp spray in them and breathed in too much of that crap. I've been congested and super tired for about 10 days now. We live and we learn... sometimes I guess.

Yes Sir,

Gotta watch inhaling bug spray. (Take that from a bug man for about twenty years.)

I still have my sprayer and rarely use it but I rarely take any type of deep breaths while working. Never did, had my lungs checked a year or so ago and they mentioned some very mild lung tissue "old" damage noted. I got into some serious bug work up to and including gassing Penn Hams in Campbellsville while with Orkin. Used methyl bromide which is deadly if inhaled gassing the hams for I think it was clover mites or something along that line every couple months. Used rozol rat and mice tracking powder. Did what some would call amazing bug work but that was back in the day...

I always used all the equipment available for breathing properly and knee-pads, oh I used my knee pads religiously. I spent most of my time crawling under houses and at times had to crawl in a running motion to get away from some serious "pests" along with running hammer drills...

I am thankful for the shape I am in, I abused myself but I generally feel good at 62, I am thankful. I only take two pills regularly. Cholesterol medicine (That is due to heredity.) and a baby aspirin daily. I am going to take a pain pill now as my hip has bothered me this morning but one pain pill should take care of it.

Just need to get 25 pounds off as soon as possible. ;)

I haven't posted food in a while but My Darling just made this, just out of the oven. It is a rice flour cake with black-eyed peas...(No wheat flour) I'd guess about a teaspoon of sugar in this, just a hint. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this either baked or steamed... (I'm liking it baked lately...) I could sustain myself on this alone...

443711657_8198284833518358_417062648327126069_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Sir,

Gotta watch inhaling bug spray. (Take that from a bug man for about twenty years.)

I still have my sprayer and rarely use it but I rarely take any type of deep breaths while working. Never did, had my lungs checked a year or so ago and they mentioned some very mild lung tissue "old" damage noted. I got into some serious bug work up to and including gassing Penn Hams in Campbellsville while with Orkin. Used methyl bromide which is deadly if inhaled gassing the hams for I think it was clover mites or something along that line every couple months. Used rozol rat and mice tracking powder. Did what some would call amazing bug work but that was back in the day...

I always used all the equipment available for breathing properly and knee-pads, oh I used my knee pads religiously. I spent most of my time crawling under houses and at times had to crawl in a running motion to get away from some serious "pests" along with running hammer drills...

I am thankful for the shape I am in, I abused myself but I generally feel good at 62, I am thankful. I only take two pills regularly. Cholesterol medicine (That is due to heredity.) and a baby aspirin daily. I am going to take a pain pill now as my hip has bothered me this morning but one pain pill should take care of it.

Just need to get 25 pounds off as soon as possible. ;)
Yep, about the end of the second can as I started noticing how much was blowing back at me, I thought about you and knowing you would know how foolish I was.

Amended 5-16-2024 with the addition of Ansley Almonor

Is this the current UK basketball team for next year?

Tell me the errors.

• Travis Perry, 6-2 G, FR, 4-star, #72 Rivals
  • Trent Noah, 6-6 G/F, 4-star, #140 Rivals
  • Collin Chandler, 6-4 G, FR, BYU, 2-year Mormon Mission
  • Brandon Garrison, 6-11 C, SOPH, Transfer from Oklahoma State
  • Otega Oweh, 6-3 G, SOPH, Transfer from Oklahoma
  • Koby Brea, 6-6 G, JR, Transfer from Dayton
  • Ansley Almonor, 6-7 F, JR, Transfer from Fairleigh Dickinson
  • Amari Williams, 6-10 C/F, SR, Transfer from Drexel
  • Lamont Butler, 6-2 G, SR, Transfer from San Diego State
  • Andrew Carr, 6-10 C/F, SR, Transfer from Wake Forest
  • Kerr Kriisa, 6-3 G, SR, Transfer from West Virginia

Last edited:
You would have been nice enough not to call me a fool, but the deed was done, and it was a foolish deed I did.

Vinegar or baking soda Sir. May try a little baking soda water first maybe a quarter to half of a teaspoon in a half cup of water. It neutralizes like you would not believe... After you make it take a couple deep breaths over the cup and then drink it...

If not baking soda a half cup of water with a teaspoon of vinegar.

Either worked wonders for me.

Even later on after several days it seems to work.

Vinegar or baking soda Sir. May try a little baking soda water first maybe a quarter to half of a teaspoon in a half cup of water. It neutralizes like you would not believe... After you make it take a couple deep breaths over the cup and then drink it...

If not baking soda a half cup of water with a teaspoon of vinegar.

Either worked wonders for me.

Even later on after several days it seems to work.
thanks

I can match you in the 'frugality' category I suspect BBUK.

Alas, I'm married to a woman who is from a long line of Irish American Big Spenders, so what little tension there is between us always revolves around that. I've learned to just look the other way...

Her dad was a NYC/DC lawyer who at one time had homes in a nice section of DC, a resort home in the hills of West Virginia and a vacation home outside Dublin in Ireland. And he liked to live half the year in Europe. When he died , he not only was broke, he left his second wife with a bunch of debts to clean up. Sometimes I envy the way the guy lived, but I don't have it in me.
Wife and I have separate bank accounts. We both pay bills, but I pay more just because she needs to build for retirement. She spends more money than I do, however, we don't have any problems with it. At the start we did when we were on the same bank account but once we changed that, no problems. Back in 2007 when I bought the truck I have now (2007 F150), I was off work for the day while my wife was at work.

I had no plan to buy a new truck that day, but my son who was in college called earlier that morning to tell me his car had gone belly up and there was not much they could do without costing him a lot. He reminded then that I had told him when I bought a new truck, he could have the old one. So, I went out and bought a new truck, called him back and told him to come get the old one that weekend. I had him an airline ticket already for that Saturday so, he had no excuse. When my wife came home and found out her only response was that she wished she were there to help me pick it out. No way.

Wife and I have separate bank accounts. We both pay bills, but I pay more just because she needs to build for retirement. She spends more money than I do, however, we don't have any problems with it. At the start we did when we were on the same bank account but once we changed that, no problems. Back in 2007 when I bought the truck I have now (2007 F150), I was off work for the day while my wife was at work.

I had no plan to buy a new truck that day, but my son who was in college called earlier that morning to tell me his car had gone belly up and there was not much they could do without costing him a lot. He reminded then that I had told him when I bought a new truck, he could have the old one. So, I went out and bought a new truck, called him back and told him to come get the old one that weekend. I had him an airline ticket already for that Saturday so, he had no excuse. When my wife came home and found out her only response was that she wished she were there to help me pick it out. No way.
I hope your son understands that was a Gold Medal Move in the annals of being a dad, Warrior.

I thought I was going to be doing something similar at Christmas when my son's Hyundai blew an engine as he was driving to the Austin airport to come home for a visit.

But I lucked out and convinced the Hyundai dealer he was towed to that the blown engine was a failure in the manufacturing, and he got a brand new one. I was slightly disappointed because I was already thinking I could upgrade from the car I was going to give him if we ended up junking the Hyundai (no way I was paying the $10,000-$11,000 for a new engine). But I'll keep it for now.

I hope your son understands that was a Gold Medal Move in the annals of being a dad, Warrior.

I thought I was going to be doing something similar at Christmas when my son's Hyundai blew an engine as he was driving to the Austin airport to come home for a visit.

But I lucked out and convinced the Hyundai dealer he was towed to that the blown engine was a failure in the manufacturing, and he got a brand new one. I was slightly disappointed because I was already thinking I could upgrade from the car I was going to give him if we ended up junking the Hyundai (no way I was paying the $10,000-$11,000 for a new engine). But I'll keep it for now.

Man "ya'll" had/ got it easy....

My boy went through so many vehicles (Stated like the motor pool SSG state to Col. Potter....V-hickle.)

Plus my one year old Ford extended cab Ranger when we left for Korea in 2012. Told him to sell it and pay it towards his student loans.... No, his Corolla we bought him when he came back from Iraq was not big enough....He traded my truck and his Corolla in on a SUV. The dealer is probably still counting that dough. I will stop on him. Bought my youngest daughter a new Mazda 3 when we left for Korea too so I wouldn't worry.

I am still driving that hail totaled V-hickle.. My Darling drives a 2015 Camry. Am readying to buy her a new car or SUV then I will inherit the Camry and sell outright the commuters dream Mazda 3.... Yadda yadda yadda...

I am thankful.....

Probably not, he spent many years in college changing majors only to wind up working for Apple in Knoxville in the shipping department of a big store. Turned down management because he does not want to be part of the system. Pushing for unionizing that store drawing the ire of his bosses even though he gets paid good.

lives in an extra room on a house of two married doctors rent free because he watches their dog daily and does work around the place. Has never really had many bills. Believes in UBI, college debt forgiveness and every left leaning position you can think of. Believes the government should provide everyone a home, car, and a job that needs it. I could go on, but I won't. You can imagine the conversations he and I have when we talk. He once recorded one of our conversations without my knowledge and used it in one of his college courses to show what he was dealing with.

Probably not, he spent many years in college changing majors only to wind up working for Apple in Knoxville in the shipping department of a big store. Turned down management because he does not want to be part of the system. Pushing for unionizing that store drawing the ire of his bosses even though he gets paid good.

lives in an extra room on a house of two married doctors rent free because he watches their dog daily and does work around the place. Has never really had many bills. Believes in UBI, college debt forgiveness and every left leaning position you can think of. Believes the government should provide everyone a home, car, and a job that needs it. I could go on, but I won't. You can imagine the conversations he and I have when we talk. He once recorded one of our conversations without my knowledge and used it in one of his college courses to show what he was dealing with.
People see the light at different ages, and I'll be rooting for your son to learn from your example and change directions. As Winston Churchill put it, "a man with a heart is a liberal at 21. A man with a brain is a conservative at 35." Or something like that.

I'd bet anything he fully understands all you've done for him, but can't (yet) bring himself to express that. I hope that happens soon. (End of my cheap attempt to be an expert of human behavior.)

People see the light at different ages, and I'll be rooting for your son to learn from your example and change directions. As Winston Churchill put it, "a man with a heart is a liberal at 21. A man with a brain is a conservative at 35." Or something like that.

I'd bet anything he fully understands all you've done for him, but can't (yet) bring himself to express that. I hope that happens soon. (End of my cheap attempt to be an expert of human behavior.)
That is my hope. I keep hoping and praying.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

63° this morning with rain and thunderstorms expected most of the morning (raining now). Expected high of around 74°. Monster walk will have to wait until the rain stops. Usually get out early while temps are cooler because she is a furry beast.

Normal morning workout in shop will happen and then nothing until monster walk. May take a Sam's trip later this afternoon however, wife says she needs a few things.

It is Friday Eve folks so prepare yourselves for the weekend and God Bless.

Mr. Bernie, try dawn dish detergent and water in a spray bottle, that's my go to now! It doesn't kill on contact, but a good soaking and their dead in a few seconds. My way is, get the first good shout in and they hit the ground, I just keep on spraying. Mrs. M says, you enjoy that don't you, my reply is, yes, they (wasps) have cost me enough money getting shots after being sting that they deserve it!!!

Mr. Bernie, try dawn dish detergent and water in a spray bottle, that's my go to now! It doesn't kill on contact, but a good soaking and their dead in a few seconds. My way is, get the first good shout in and they hit the ground, I just keep on spraying. Mrs. M says, you enjoy that don't you, my reply is, yes, they (wasps) have cost me enough money getting shots after being sting that they deserve it!!!
thanks

Good morning all...

Working hard, working hard.... as hard as you can work and still sit in a chair.... Much to do though but it seems I am doing it. Have to go into the office tomorrow but that's okay. Have a Mighty Mouse type day... (Yeah, I am remembering my childhood cartoons... a little...)

pl_playlist_f.jpg

Mighty-title-card-344.jpg

Here I come to save the day!!!!

Yeah...

10592726.gif

Cloudy and 66°F. I rain gauge says .49" in this event.

I hate wasps. I use a paper bag filled with bags and tied up to my outside stairs. They think it is a hornets nest and it limits their home building. It also scares off the carpenter bees. Plus I kill ever wasp that I find. I usually use the hornet and wasp killer in a can because it will squirt about 15 feet.

Good morning all...

Working hard, working hard.... as hard as you can work and still sit in a chair.... Much to do though but it seems I am doing it. Have to go into the office tomorrow but that's okay. Have a Mighty Mouse type day... (Yeah, I am remembering my childhood cartoons... a little...)

pl_playlist_f.jpg

Mighty-title-card-344.jpg

Here I come to save the day!!!!

Yeah...

10592726.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT