ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

60° this morning with light winds. Today's high in the mid 70's with thunderstorms and possible tornadic activity later this afternoon/evening.

Monday, Monday. Normal workout this morning with the monster's walk. Going to batten down the hatches this afternoon.

No more movement (that we know of) in basketball recruiting this past weekend so...have a decent group it seems so far. Probably could use one or two more high caliber offensive minded players to complete the team. I can wait.

Go get it today you grinders and be careful out there.

God Bless.

Good morning D-League.

Foggy, misty and cool in the east. Enjoying a morning walk before another work week.

The weekend was nice and uneventful. I’ve fallen into a pattern of watching Perry Mason reruns before I go to bed at night. It’s not the plot twists i enjoy. It’s the characters, especially the stylish, totally female and sexy women and the glimpse of late 1950s early 1960s California. Damn, pre-Manson, pre-Haight Ashbury, pre-Watts riots, pre-OJ, pre-lunatic liberal politics, pre-illegal immigration tidal wave that place seemed like a paradise. That’s aside from the avalanche of murders of course. But Perry made sure that all got sorted out with Justice. Good show.

Heading back to the house. Need to check another Monday off the list, about 70 left until I retire. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Good morning folks. I woke up to a thunder storm. It dropped .26 inches in about 10 minutes.

@MdWIldcat55 I remember watching Perry Mason with my grandmother and she would try to explain to me the details when I got confused. I graduated high school in 1964 and in the next 6 to 10 years the girls dress drove me batty. I was in constant rut.

I went to work for the railroad in the summer of 1968 and at the North side of our floor was the "steno pool". Most of them were late teens or early twenties and each one tried to wear a shorter mini skirt than the one sitting next to her. All of us were sneaking around for a better shot.

In those day, before word processors you would dictate your positions papers, objections and concurrences to submittals (a formal change in price structure for railroads) through a phone system to the steno pool. I would always stumble in my words or submit a complex number just to force the girl to come out and ask me for a clarification. It was usually worth the artificial problem.

Many of the guys ended up married to one of the steno girls. One of our Presidents, Richard Sanborn, married Heilda from Bowling Green. She had some long legs and Dick could not resist.

Girls dresses in World War II are wonderful also. Woman dressed to enhance their attractiveness and that is the way it should be to keep us men juiced up!

Good morning folks. I woke up to a thunder storm. It dropped .26 inches in about 10 minutes.

@MdWIldcat55 I remember watching Perry Mason with my grandmother and she would try to explain to me the details when I got confused. I graduated high school in 1964 and in the next 6 to 10 years the girls dress drove me batty. I was in constant rut.

I went to work for the railroad in the summer of 1968 and at the North side of our floor was the "steno pool". Most of them were late teens or early twenties and each one tried to wear a shorter mini skirt than the one sitting next to her. All of us were sneaking around for a better shot.

In those day, before word processors you would dictate your positions papers, objections and concurrences to submittals (a formal change in price structure for railroads) through a phone system to the steno pool. I would always stumble in my words or submit a complex number just to force the girl to come out and ask me for a clarification. It was usually worth the artificial problem.

Many of the guys ended up married to one of the steno girls. One of our Presidents, Richard Sanborn, married Heilda from Bowling Green. She had some long legs and Dick could not resist.

Girls dresses in World War II are wonderful also. Woman dressed to enhance their attractiveness and that is the way it should be to keep us men juiced up!
Yeah, through the early 1970s and the real arrival of feminism women knew how to dress to get under the skin of young men. My high school days through the early and mid-1970s were the era of the very short skirt, incliding the " jumper skirt" with straps over the shoulders. My high school girlfriend and several I dated in college really had the legs for that short skirt look.

I can report that our club's second race of the year is in the books. We flew from Cornersville, TN......209 miles for me........I didn't get any returns in race time.......I got six birds but they were very late...........I have lost more birds on our first two races (10) than I did in a 7 race schedule last fall........it always bewilders me when a bird that has flown multiple races over three or four years doesn't come home from a short race.........back to the drawing board.......we have a 250 mile race up on 5/11..........I think I waited too late to get started with my pre-race season training.......I have a bad problem with Cooper Hawks catching my birds............so I waited until the song birds were nesting to get started......

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

60° with light winds. Today's high expected to be in mid 80's.

Normal workout this morning with you guessed it, the monster walk. Couch potato status the rest of the day until tonight as I have 2 games unless it rains again.

Tuesday, Tuesday la, la, la, la, la, la, nope, just doesn't have the same sound.

Be safe out there today folks and God Bless.

Good morning folks. Raining like a tall cow pissing on a flat rock in suburban Maryland.

Austin, thanks for that update on the central Texas flooding. My son is TDY as you folks used to say to a F&W facility in Arizona, near the Hoover Dam. As long as the floods subside by two weeks from yesterday he’ll be able to get back to Burnet from Austin.

Heading into work on the subway. Running a bit late. Hope you all have a great day.

There are several John Wayne fans here. It is not a great movie (The Quiet Man), but Victor Mclaglen co-starred in that movie. Victor was quite a character. He joined the British army at 14 to fight in the Boer War, but was kicked out when they found out his true age. He joined again to fight in WW1. He was the heavyweight boxing champ of the British army, toured with a circus doing the last 3 rounds with me and win money thing, became a pro wrestler and pro boxer. He once fought Jack Johnson in a 6 round exhibition match. Pretty tough guy.

Good morning everyone

Well, the age difference with most of you all is showing up now. It wasn't short skirts when I was in HS....it was short shorts. Mmmm, Mmmmm. I ran track and pole vaulted and triple jumped. So I hung out at the high jump and long jump pits........goodness.
I used to pole vault out of bed every morning, but now I low crawl.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and cloudy. May reach 90°F today. Spring nearly over.

@MdWIldcat55 : Y'all left here with ample time to spare. Some roads closed due to flooding going into Marble Falls.

Wishing y'all another great day.

national-roast-leg-of-lamb-day--may-7.png

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and cloudy. May reach 90°F today. Spring nearly over.

@MdWIldcat55 : Y'all left here with ample time to spare. Some roads closed due to flooding going into Marble Falls.

Wishing y'all another great day.

national-roast-leg-of-lamb-day--may-7.png
We were in England for our 25th anniversary....our daughter and SIL took us to Tuddenham Mill. Almost everything they serve comes from the farm.....they write the menu in chalk every day.......the only constant is the offerings in the pub section.....I ordered Roast Leg of Lamb with vegetables....when it cam out it was a whole leg of lamb.....we all four could have eaten our fill with what was on the platter they brought me......it was absolutely divine......I took what was left home with me......the SIL and myself saw to it that nothing was wasted.....

We were in England for our 25th anniversary....our daughter and SIL took us to Tuddenham Mill. Almost everything they serve comes from the farm.....they write the menu in chalk every day.......the only constant is the offerings in the pub section.....I ordered Roast Leg of Lamb with vegetables....when it cam out it was a whole leg of lamb.....we all four could have eaten our fill with what was on the platter they brought me......it was absolutely divine......I took what was left home with me......the SIL and myself saw to it that nothing was wasted.....
Sounds like a great time. Not a huge fan of British fare, except their breakfasts and fish and chips.

I'm heading over to Scotland Aug 23 - Sep 2. Looking forward to some lamb.

Traveling to Iceland July 6 - 13. They produce their hotdogs (pylsa) primarily with lamb and some pork. Must try. One restaurant in Reykjavik fed a certain individual back in the day.

Bill-Clinton-og-pylsan.jpg

Sounds like a great time. Not a huge fan of British fare, except their breakfasts and fish and chips.

I'm heading over to Scotland Aug 23 - Sep 2. Looking forward to some lamb.

Traveling to Iceland July 6 - 13. They produce their hotdogs (pylsa) primarily with lamb and some pork. Must try. One restaurant in Reykjavik fed a certain individual back in the day.

Bill-Clinton-og-pylsan.jpg

He did not have hotdog relish with that woman.

Tornado warnings now about 40-50 miles NW in Indiana. Headed SE such that it looks like it will skirt mostly still north in Cincy with us getting a glance - I hope. Looks like it will last to 3-4a. 75 degrees & I like DP might be the same. Time for a Makers.
Only a tornado watch here until 3 AM. Tomorrow night is when things get really hairy. Possible tornadoes, large hail, flooding, high winds, etc..

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and partly cloudy. We may see another 90°F day again.

Got a Venmo account. Must verify. Provides another income stream when validating pack codes I find on the ground. Amount of trash in my area borders on unbelievable. "There's treasure everywhere".

Now ERCOT hinting at an elevated risk for power outages. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Happy Hump, y'all.

1166cad507cf5b83ce14fdce1afc7024.jpg

Good morning folks.

Cloudy and cool in the east.

Days of just grinding it out at work right now.

Austin, keep that Venmo account locked. My poor son in college had a housemate from a very good, wealthy Lexington family who my son had come to trust. But it turned out the kids erratic behavior was caused by a bad -and expensive -drug habit. He asked to borrow my son’s phone to check something, and managed to Venmo himself $4,000 which my son didn’t catch til the kid disappeared on a drug bender. The wealthy family stalled my son from pressing charges by promising to reimburse but never did. We ended up just dropping it and chalking it up to a life lesson.

Heading in to work. Have a great day.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

73° this morning with light winds. Today's high to be in the mid 80's. Normal workout, monster walk, martial arts student training and then, honey do list shopping so...let's get busy.

Played 2 games last night which turned out to be my best effort of the year so far. 5-7 and a walk at the plate and made some defensive plays like I used to in the past. Felt good. Caught the first game and pitched the second. About mid-way through the second game, I had already snagged about 4 hits up the middle when one player from the other team hit one sharply to my left, I went for it, and it took a bad hop and went over my glove. When the player got to first, he started trash talking to me saying; "get that one old man, when hit hard at you, you can't handle it." I simply told him he got the old man part right, but the bad hop is the only thing that helped him out. After that, he went 0-3 as his next at bats were weak. Karma? We beat them 18-16. Some of his teammates apologized for him durning the post game hand shakes.

Hump day folks so, take the hill and put up the flag.

God Bless.

Good morning folks.

Austin, keep that Venmo account locked. My poor son in college had a housemate from a very good, wealthy Lexington family who my son had come to trust. But it turned out the kids erratic behavior was caused by a bad -and expensive -drug habit. He asked to borrow my son’s phone to check something, and managed to Venmo himself $4,000 which my son didn’t catch til the kid disappeared on a drug bender. The wealthy family stalled my son from pressing charges by promising to reimburse but never did. We ended up just dropping it and chalking it up to a life lesson.

Wow! Sorry to hear. Thanks for the valuable advice. I never install financial apps on my phone; always laptop.

If more than $25 ever hits the account, watch out. I'm filthy rich! Usually use PayPal for most transactions between friends and family.

Good morning folks.

My son's "friend" did that too back at UK. Forgot the particulars but took my son for about $1800.00 (Back then..) I think it was a debit card but he "lost" it.

I am working from home today. Much to do... Have a goodun!

Time to brag a little. My daughter manages a boys Baseball travel team in Florida. I helped manage her softball teams as she grew up and she was a very good player and learned the techniques well. Two grandsons play on her team. They just finished the season undefeated. In the last game, the other team intentionally walked Vincent to load the bases because he had homered in the previous at bat. His younger brother Ramon was the next batter and he hit a 3 run double. The high school coach has taken an interest in Vincent and has been working with him, planning on him to be the starting catcher next year when he enters high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT