ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy how little interest and enthusiasm exists for todays game

Sep 3, 2022
At the beginning of the year this game had “marquee” written all over it. Gonzaga coming to Rupp. Now both teams are pedestrian and most of this message board content is a lament against Cal and the state of the program. And even apathy towards today’s outcome as if expectations are low and skepticism is high. Will be interesting see what the environment is at Rupp later today and whether fans bring the noise and energy.

At the beginning of the year this game had “marquee” written all over it. Gonzaga coming to Rupp. Now both teams are pedestrian and most of this message board content is a lament against Cal and the state of the program. And even apathy towards today’s outcome as if expectations are low and skepticism is high. Will be interesting see what the environment is at Rupp later today and whether fans bring the noise and energy.
We're having trouble winning in Rupp and all Cal cares about is his 7 all stars.

This should be addressed to the coach and AD. I hope that was your intent. Especially the AD.

Hard to repeatedly get fired up for incompetence and mismanagement.

I'm excited. Not sure who you're talking about except maybe the media.

And even if we were still ranked in the top 10, this is not at all a hyped Zags team like they have been in the past. They aren't even ranked. They are pretty mediocre (not that they were juggernauts in the past, to me anyway). So I highly doubt there'd be much hoopla around this game anyway.

Rupp will be rocking.
I'll believe it when I see it. It was supposed to be rocking last weekend and it was dead. It was a four point game at half time and half the lower bowl wasn't back to their seats by the time the second half started.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah, for me it's because I now have a family, whereas before I didn't have a family. I won't be altering my family time for a game, regardless of it being Kentucky.

And besides, that's what DVR is for. Just do family first and then watch the game later.
Or when they lose delete it and act like it never happened

• Haha
Reactions: BC_Wader and bnewt
CAL sucking the life out of the program and fans one game at a time. Changes have to be made and soon.
Or people have kids now. They have DVR. So they no longer have to stop loving their families in lieu of a college basketball game.

Not every change in human behavior is due to Cal being a bad coach (yes, I agree he's become a bad coach, but harping isn't going to speed up his departure).

I started changing my life when I had my first kid 10 years ago. I DVRd many games in the undefeated season because my kid was first and foremost. I would put her to bed then watch the saved game later. Regardless of our seasons, I cannot link Cal's craptastic performances to my interest in going family first over a basketball game. Guess I'm not "hardcore Kentucky" like others who blame Cal for now having to do stuff with their families (GASP!!!).

We aren’t pedestrian, and I want to win. Love to win big.

This should be exactly our kind of game, and we have to be able to get this done, especially at home.

You’re out of your element. Expectations are high.

Just why is your thoughts greater than his?
You ccc's family?

I've made it known cal should have already been fired and we won't ever win anything that matters with him.

Jennings is a one trick pony with his posts and inserts his obsession with cal into every posts

Unfortunately we kinda know how the game will go, either we shoot like crazy and blow them out or they have guys have career highs and play the the game of their life and we can’t guard anyone. We know there will be a lack of defensive adjustments and no real offensive plays ran……but we also know Dilly is going to go off and hope that no one else catches the back and ankle bug that lingers for wks within this team.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Or when they lose delete it and act like it never happened
I do this. I delete it and try to forget the disaster. Because getting on here and bitching about it does nothing for either my health, sanity, or the status of Cal's future at UK. He'll single handedly get himself canned if he keeps on this annual trend downward.

And to preface because fans here LOVE to berate anyone that doesn't explicitly exhibit Cal HATE, I'm not supporting him at all. I'm just saying people sound pretty silly saying "well, thanks Cal...I used to put UK basketball ahead of all of my family activities, but now thanks to your dumb ass I have to do things with them...ugh!".

We're having trouble winning in Rupp and all Cal cares about is his 7 all stars.
But, we are supposed to get excited about the All Stars to distract from the defensive issues. Hope others are excited about today, it’s a do or die day for seeding.

Reactions: dl51344
I'm glad. We won't have to read your 100 same type of dumb posts today. Please have your family schedule stuff every game going forward.
Curious, what browser do you use? Does it force you to read his posts? Are you aware of the ignore function?

Honest questions. Maybe we can help make RR so you only see stuff you like.

Yeah, for me it's because I now have a family, whereas before I didn't have a family. I won't be altering my family time for a game, regardless of it being Kentucky.

And besides, that's what DVR is for. Just do family first and then watch the game later.
Hasn’t YouTube replaced the DVR? Kinda?

Hasn’t YouTube replaced the DVR? Kinda?
I use the acronym / term DVR generally. I have YouTubeTV and it's in my "library" of favorites, but to me it's still "recorded" since it's no longer a live broadcast. I'm not going to type out "on demand streaming". When I say DVR, it should be pretty obvious what I mean.

Even coaches say "watch tape". Well we know they aren't watching freaking TAPE. Others say "I'll just record the game and watch it later". This means the same damned thing.

And a lot of people still use DirecTV and Dish, which still have DVR.

I'm over Cal, especially with how this season has gone so far, but I'm far from apathetic. Not time to give up on the team quite yet. This team at full strength in March will give any team problems on a neutral court

Reactions: TheDude73
My interest in today’s game despite just wanting to watch them play, is to see how cal uses the roster. Does Z get the chance to become the difference maker cal recently said he could be? Does Burks get his earned minutes or does he get the Hopkins treatment. How much time do each of the guards get if DJ is back in the mix? Is 1 game enough to get Edwards back to 20 plus minutes a game (I say yes). Do we see more zone use today or back to all man all the time even underneath our own basket?

Most of us know what needs to happen with our roster utilization to maximize our success this year. Also most of us realize that will never happen. I’m watching today to see if cal proves me wrong.

We definitely have different definitions of pedestrian.

We all thought we would be better than we are at this point. Losing to Tennessee and Florida at home in addition to UNC Wilmington has dampened the enthusiasm some. Also we want and need to have a full roster available and it looks like that’s not going to happen for one reason or another this year. I want a win against Gonzaga, and without Mitchell and Wagner, I’m not sure we can, it’s at Rupp so we should be able to win this game. If we lose this game, it will even more frustrating with our four or five first round picks getting beat with a hall of fame coach too.

Reactions: dl51344
I'm over Cal, especially with how this season has gone so far, but I'm far from apathetic. Not time to give up on the team quite yet. This team at full strength in March will give any team problems on a neutral court
Same here. I'm interested in a change in coaching, but not obsessed or raging angry over it. And, there's still some chance we can recover and make a deep run.

I also try not to get myself into a pessimistic mood and speculate negatively based on Cal's past failures or performances trending south late in the year. Yeah, he's now (sadly) consistent in crappy endings to UK seasons, but I'm more hopeful this year that it'll end better than I have been in the past.

I’m doing family stuff today. Used to my family never schedulled anything when a UK game was going on.

Great! We don't need those who won't support the team thru thick and thin. We need real fans. Tell your family to keep scheduling during games.

I’m excited, after Tuesday I needed a wake up call, being overly negative doesn’t solve a damn thing. So I choosing to try and dial it back and pick my moments when to point out issues. But either way, I’m excited to see Rob & reeves play again, and if Burks gets another chance today

Reactions: BC_Wader
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT