ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches will not be knocking down our door to get here.

I think a lot of you are naive in thinking coaches want to be here. BBN is the most toxic fan base in the country. If anything goes wrong you are bashed until the end of eternity or until everything turns up roses again. UK fans have no compassion for anything. It's just win or else. This will be the demise of UK basketball one day.
GTFO. When you are the highest paid coach in college basketball , it ABSOLUTELY should be win or else. This isn't Morehead , Wichita State or Cincinnati . We dn't give a shit about draft night either

I’ve read plenty of your posts. I used to have a membership on here

Well "used to" is not since we lost to Oakland.

Just because it's time for Cal to leave does not mean we still have a toxic fanbase that can be unreasonable. Most of the last 2 seasons has been misery due to our fanbase. I get being disappointed but messaging players & the coaches family is psychotic.

I think a lot of you are naive in thinking coaches want to be here. BBN is the most toxic fan base in the country. If anything goes wrong you are bashed until the end of eternity or until everything turns up roses again. UK fans have no compassion for anything. It's just win or else. This will be the demise of UK basketball one day.
I bet they are. It’s the pinnacle of college basketball.

Just because it's time for Cal to leave does not mean we still have a toxic fanbase that can be unreasonable. Most of the last 2 seasons has been misery due to our fanbase. I get being disappointed but messaging players & the coaches family is psychotic.
Cry me freaking river. Everyone has bad fans, moron

There will be plenty of coaches that want the opportunity to coach at one of the premier spots in men's college basketball. The problem is many of those interested coaches will be "young", eager hard-chargers that won't be given an opportunity, part of CBG's legacy. UK will want someone with a proven track record. So that will narrow the field somewhat. Still, there will be those with a proven record at lesser tier schools who are looking to "trade" up...

Reactions: Girthang

-it's the fans fault? Lmao. Daft.

-Losing games to low level teams, antiquated basketball, make a wish foundation lineups and not making past the first weekend on the tournament is what is(was... hallelujah) causing the misery.

You’re pathetic. Go hide under your momas skirt.

We’ll get a good one if Mitch doesn’t eff it up since he wasn’t fired. Are you a Cal AND Kentucky hater that has now just focused on UK? I bet you are.

Ok thanks Brad.

Well, good thing Cal is going to such an understanding and patient fanbase such as….Arkansas.

Yeah...we're toxic...SMH. Heaven forbid we want to go to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA's, win the SEC Tournament (or at least play in the championship game) or win the home games we're supposed to. This website is a small sample of fans (and FANATICS), so obviously the keyboard warriors get tons of attention when unreasonably clamoring after a tough loss, but it's not "bad" to want to win. Nor is it bad to want a change when we've seen these teams fail at the hand of the same leader. Each season promised a new approach, new style of play, not being held "hostage" (his words not mine)…only to see the season unfold just like the season prior. It's a terrible feeling to feel helpless, but now we have a new outlook, and barring a complete dud as a new-hire, we will be just fine!

Last edited:
I think Cal chose NBA ready players over college metrics........It hurt us to lose games and miss tourney games.

Now for the new coach, just make sure he has his personal life going good and knows a little bit about having a strategy to win games....that should actually be an improvement. I don't care if we pick someone who has the winning cred of pitino, just start fresh, and see if we can make waves with that. No long term commitments and no lifetime contracts....Thats what im hoping for. Lets do baby steps.... hope for a team that can be #2 or #1 in the sec and make the tourney with an actual chance of winning their first round game.

You are probably not 100% correct, but there is some truth in what you’ve said.

C
The big name coaches that will bring in big time recruits will not want to come here IMO. Sure, an up and coming coach from a small program would love to be here, but that's not what we want.
Cal did not make Ky a great program it was a great program long before him and teams like U Conn and Purdure does not have 5 stars and Cal had all those 5 stars and being knocked out in the first rounds.

You're not from around here, are you?

Posted this in another thread

Sean Farnham on Sportscenter last night as the news broke said every coach in America would at least listen if they got a call from UK.

Said Kentucky is the biggest brand in college bb

Possibly. Also possibly not.

What we do know is Calipari blatantly and brazenly admitted that his main focus was to “help kids” “change generational poverty” and “get guys drafted”. He literally focused on those 3 things over winning games, sec titles and ncaa titles. He admitted it.

I am fairly certain we can recreate our success the last 5 years with another coach- even if it’s a boring hire like Drew (which to be honest I’d rather have not gotten rid of Calipari just yet in favor of drew) but at least with Drew we will actually get to know our players, his focus will be on winning games and we will have an actual PROGRAM and not just rushing to field a new team every single year.

Lastly Calipari looked down on Kentucky fans. He truly believes he’s above them and we’re just ignorant racist rednecks. Which is unfortunate because that’s not even remotely true. As a whole at least.

Possibly. Also possibly not.

What we do know is Calipari blatantly and brazenly admitted that his main focus was to “help kids” “change generational poverty” and “get guys drafted”. He literally focused on those 3 things over winning games, sec titles and ncaa titles. He admitted it.

I am fairly certain we can recreate our success the last 5 years with another coach- even if it’s a boring hire like Drew (which to be honest I’d rather have not gotten rid of Calipari just yet in favor of drew) but at least with Drew we will actually get to know our players, his focus will be on winning games and we will have an actual PROGRAM and not just rushing to field a new team every single year.

Lastly Calipari looked down on Kentucky fans. He truly believes he’s above them and we’re just ignorant racist rednecks. Which is unfortunate because that’s not even remotely true. As a whole at least.
Drew would be right up there with the BG hire. No thanks

You're probably one of those that when Eddie Sutton was fired that said. There is NO WAY that Rick Pitino will leave an NBA job to come here. You're probably also said when Calipari was at Memphis that he won't come here. Well UK got them both. When Joe B Hall retired Eddie Sutton was considered 1 of the top-5 coaches in college basketball UK got him, Sutton said that he would have crawled here for this job. Fast forward to 2024 UK IS STILL the best coaching job in ALL of basketball, NBA or college. This is the one job that could bring Jay Wright out of retirement and could bring Billy Donovan back to the college game. I do not understand why there are people like you that has such low self esteem when it comes to UK basketball..... UK can pretty much pick & choose any coach it wants.

• Love

Rarely do the most sought after coaches EVER knock down anyone's door. Did you even think about this before you posted it?

It's Kentucky.

Not Arkansas. Not Vandy. Not UMass. Not St Peter's. Not Oakland.

-Coaches that like where they are might use interest as a way to get better contracts.
-Coaches that are interested will send word through their agents.
-Coaches that want the best possible contract from UK and should receive their interest will not say a word, even if they are interested, until UK contacts them.

Some coaches would definitely consider knocking down the door. Not that it would do them much good to try that approach.

Op, please name the blue blood type basketball programs, college or NBA, where the fans are not toxic when the coach is failing. I will wait for your answer since I'd really like to know the identity of those fine folks who are clearly better people than most of us UK fans.

There may not be many but there will be some and that is the guy I want as long as they qualify. I want someone who wants to lead this program and wants the challenge.

No way you can say Uk most toxic fan base. It’s the fans that make the program. If IK unravels it won’t be because of this. It will be NIL, portal and the general state of college athletics. I’m not sure there is much of a future for college sports anymore.
2 championship coaches hounded to leave. Last 3.

People have been screaming for almost 5 years.

This is the Bhopal of toxic fandom.

Is that you Cal?

Lol fk off you damn vagina.. Go to Fayetteville..

Lol.

"Toxic successfulness" will be the new buzz word for some, I see. Can't be hard on a coach for not winning. Not competing. Not returning phone calls even. How dare anyone even feign to demand any results from someone being paid to do a job?!

You have NO RIGHT!! TOXIC fanDOM!!

Next thing you know, coaches will have to be publically identified as the last best thing they accomplished, complete with heralds and Trumpets when they enter the room. LoFL

Grtfoh
When they start handing out trophies, banners, and titles for making the tournament, DRaMaalox will be happy again. All will be right with the world.

Let's say you are correct. You still have to bring in the best players
That's been proven to be a complete fallacy. We've literally had some of the best players for the past 4-5 seasons and look what it got us! Early exits, to the SEC and NCAA tournaments. Multiple losses at home. Just a poor showing and ONE COMMON DENOMIATOR.

rabbit eating GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT