ADVERTISEMENT

Coach O rumor?

Anyone seen the Coach O rumor circulating on Twitter that he will not be joining Cal in Arkansas and has expressed an interest in joining Pope's staff? I have seen it a couple times but have not seen anything posted here about it. Anyone else heard anything about it?
Are these reputable sources? Probably not if you haven’t seen it posted here.

All I'm seeing on Google is that OA went to Arkansas, that Pope was starting out with a clean slate from top to bottom.

Rumor is that O is in the process of (or just built?) a house in Lex and his wife and daughter aren't too keen on moving. Wanted to stay on at UK but Pope said no. He also has little desire to follow Cal to Arkansas. Would expect him to end up at Illinois.
Not that I am upset about it, but seems like Cal blindsided some folks with his move to Arkansas.

For Christ sakes! Yeah, Pope is going bring in O to be his assistant, so O can turn right around behind Pope’s back and let Kal know EVERYTHING that’s going on in the program while he’s here!

Holy ****, how stupid do fans think CMP is? Dude was a Rhode’s Scholar! Look that up if you haven’t a clue😂

why wouldn't pope want him?
No idea, maybe some others would have some details. If I had to guess, they don’t have a relationship or if I pull out my tin foil hat; Pope/UK didn’t want anyone from the old regime sticking around.

Reactions: d2atTech
Burks is supposedly leaving
Unless you were one of Triple C’s ‘chosen’ few he couldn’t care less about you. Everything he did was all about HIM. Biggest phony on earth. With that being a fact I don’t understand why guys like Burks and Z and Theiro (just to name a few) wouldn’t do just about anything to be part of this. Why would they either want to leave or even worse follow that fat fraud ? Can’t be upset with them but it makes no sense.

I can see why Pope would say no, but Coach O did provide a nice boost on the recruiting trail, especially early in Cal's tenure. I would've been tempted to keep him myself and I don't think he deserves any hate on this board. The guy did a lot for us in the past.

For Christ sakes! Yeah, Pope is going bring in O to be his assistant, so O can turn right around behind Pope’s back and let Kal know EVERYTHING that’s going on in the program while he’s here!

Holy ****, how stupid do fans think CMP is? Dude was a Rhode’s Scholar! Look that up if you haven’t a clue😂
I was actually thinking the same, when it heard the rumors. I love Ulis, but I wouldn’t really trust him to not communicate things to Cal either

Ralph Dalton said last night Pope turned him down.
If true then that’s a massive first mistake for Pope. Hes in no position to turn down an assistant like Antigua. He needs recruiters in the absolute worst way and he’s not going to get one any better than Orlando.

I’m on the side of wanting to scrap anything Kal related but Antigua and Payne would be the two guys you jump at the chance to get. This would really piss me off if true.

I heard a rumor that Jai Lucas will become our GM, Tyler Ulis will be defensive coordinator and Richie Farmer will be head recruiter.

• Haha
Reactions: Warf2012
Let’s be honest what did anyone do on the previous coaching staff that would warrant Pope wanting to keep any of them?
You must not have paid attention. Antigua was the reason for Kal’s recruiting dominance. Remember how recruiting dropped off after the Towns/Booker class and then picked up again the last 2 years? Thats the exact timeframe of when Orlando left and came back.

The rest of the staff I agree. Garbage.

Let’s be honest what did anyone do on the previous coaching staff that would warrant Pope wanting to keep any of them?
With Orlando specifically, he was an ace recruiter. He had his finger on the pulse of who the decision-makers where for each kid. And he had a ton of contacts. If Antigua was interested in sticking around, and Pope said no, that would be disappointing to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT