ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Mingione

trueblujr2

All-American
Dec 14, 2005
Is it safe to say he’s got to be SEC Coach of the Year and quite possibly National COY? Any other teams out there exceeding expectations more than us this year?

Does this make him a hot commodity when the coaching carousel picks up?

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Just looked up three pre-season polls & UK was picked 5th in East in two & 6th in the other. So they probably did exceed expectations, LOL.

I believe he won’t leave Lexington, but he could lose assistants again.

Baseball is one where assistants tend to stick around unless they get a head coach opportunity. Roszel could get one but he doesn't seem to want to go that type of route given how long he's been a pitching coach. Ammirati could get a shot somewhere and if so I wouldn't be surprised to see us promote Cousino.

Baseball is one where assistants tend to stick around unless they get a head coach opportunity. Roszel could get one but he doesn't seem to want to go that type of route given how long he's been a pitching coach. Ammirati could get a shot somewhere and if so I wouldn't be surprised to see us promote Cousino.
The issue is that all 3 of our assistants are near the bottom of the league in pay.

I think it’s realistic to bump someone up but I don’t know if the money is there to keep another.

Cousino makes double what Ammirati does, now.

The issue is that all 3 of our assistants are near the bottom of the league in pay.

I think it’s realistic to bump someone up but I don’t know if the money is there to keep another.

Cousino makes double what Ammirati does, now.
Ammirati's contract ends in July. He'll get a solid bump in pay if UK wants to keep him.

I hope so. We do have a chance to win the batting title and he’s the hitting coach. So surely we are going to pay him.

Yea, with the 3rd assistant being full time now I think he'll get a bump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT